PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does 3 mean? He “worked with” Gronk and Edelman? In what way?
He did a “behind the player” type piece for ESPN on both players over the past few years. I think he drank with gronks family. The Edelman piece he did with him and his dad. It wasn’t a 30 for 30 but it was similar to the format.

I noticed an awful lot of “I think” in that quote. All this ******** over something he THINKS went down? I don’t give a **** what he thinks. No one should.

It's been discouraging listening to the local guys dealing with the report. It's all some variation of throwing up their shields around the guy ("Seth's great, and his central theme about conflict around A.G. is true."), followed by the shredding of the article, followed by something like "But Seth does a really good job".

George Halas, the myth, the legend, the original monster of the midway, was to the best of my knowledge at age 70 the oldest man to be a head coach in the NFL.

The well known and successful Joe Gibbs. He retired from head coaching at age 67. To the best of my knowledge he is the second oldest coach in NFL history.
Pete Carroll is approaching holding this second spot.

Bill Parcells early 60s when he coached his last team, Dallas.
Bill Cowher mid 50s.
Tony Dungy mid to later 50s
Jimmy Johnson later 50s
Bill Walsh late 40s (mid-later 50s in College?)

Bill Belichick will be 66 years old before the start of the 2018 season. So let me get this straight, he will be 1 year from being the second or third oldest HC in the history of the NFL and he will be starting over with the Giants? Without a QB? Without existing working relationship with ownership? With half the area that hates his HC of the NYJ guts?

Funny what people will believe if someone who says it has a badge that says "ESPN" or "(Media)". But to play along with this charade, here is a note to BB (and I say the the exact same thing to TB), you've had an amazing, record breaking, historical, achieved the apex of your profession, career. If New England no longer works for you then walk away, just walk away. No not to another team, just walk away and onto the next thing you have passion and fire for. To do otherwise will be an anticlimatic event for you and will do nothing but erase some of the legend.
Brady can be a aging and health expert. BB can narrate War history shows.

Now back to reality. BB will be the coach and GM of the Patriots until he retires. Next...

It's been discouraging listening to the local guys dealing with the report. It's all some variation of throwing up their shields around the guy ("Seth's great, and his central theme about conflict around A.G. is true."), followed by the shredding of the article, followed by something like "But Seth does a really good job".
Except Jeff Howe. I think he has been quite honest about not believing much of this.

I’m not a huge fan of Ian, but I think he sounds reasonable here.

Sounds like the truth is likely in between. All of the demanding to get Jimmy traded sounds like nonsense, but I wouldn’t doubt if the relationship hasn’t been perfect either.

George Halas, the myth, the legend, the original monster of the midway, was to the best of my knowledge at age 70 the oldest man to be a head coach in the NFL.

The well known and successful Joe Gibbs. He retired from head coaching at age 67. To the best of my knowledge he is the second oldest coach in NFL history.
Pete Carroll is approaching holding this second spot.

Bill Parcells early 60s when he coached his last team, Dallas.
Bill Cowher mid 50s.
Tony Dungy mid to later 50s
Jimmy Johnson later 50s
Bill Walsh late 40s (mid-later 50s in College?)

Bill Belichick will be 66 years old before the start of the 2018 season. So let me get this straight, he will be 1 year from being the second or third oldest HC in the history of the NFL and he will be starting over with the Giants? Without a QB? Without existing working relationship with ownership? With half the area that hates his HC of the NYJ guts?

Funny what people will believe if someone who says it has a badge that says "ESPN" or "(Media)". But to play along with this charade, here is a note to BB (and I say the the exact same thing to TB), you've had an amazing, record breaking, historical, achieved the apex of your profession, career. If New England no longer works for you then walk away, just walk away. No not to another team, just walk away and onto the next thing you have passion and fire for. To do otherwise will be an anticlimatic event for you and will do nothing but erase some of the legend.
Brady can be a aging and health expert. BB can narrate War historicals.

Now back to reality. BB will be the coach and GM of the Patriots until he retires. Next...
...and Marv Levy retired from coaching at 72

This thread's been a blast. How often do we not only get to absolutely destroy a media hack's story, but also to simultaneously watch him participating in his own story's destruction, in real time?
I guess. **** it who am I to judge?

Sounds like the truth is likely in between. All of the demanding to get Jimmy traded sounds like nonsense, but I wouldn’t doubt if the relationship hasn’t been perfect either.

Very reasonable take by Rappofart

...and Marv Levy retired from coaching at 72

Thanks for the correction RW. My bad for using only one source. But Levy is another example of the same thing. A man approaching 70 doesn't start anew. Not one man on the list that is at BB's age started anew. At this age the team you are with is your last stop. But hey, maybe BB is following the TB12 regimen and he will coach until he is 80.

And, BTW:
Tom Landry mid 60s
Chuck Noll 60
Don Shula 65
Vince Lombardi late 50s
Paul Brown 66
:)

He’s not here anymore so they need to let their love affair go or just go join the niners fan group. They act like high school kids.

Funny thing about great QBs, the love affair somewhat wanes if the SB titles don't come with the reg. season success. But if/when(a BIG if) Jimmy starts bringing in the Belichicks(aka the Lombardis) then it may get interesting with some of the spoiled rotten brats that Brady and Belichick have unwittingly created.

Rapaports explanation of the jimmy g trade is exactly what I’ve been saying ever since it happened.

Of course there was tension. People knew the Pats had to make a decision at the QB spot - keeping both was not feasible. Brady did not want to lose his job, Jimmy wanted to play. BB did not want to part with either for as long as really possible. But the trade deadline forced a decision. This story happens all the time in the NFL - it is the nature of the business. ESPN turned it into an out and out hit piece on Brady - with all the little stories and details. But the idea that it was stressful is obvious.

...and he has spent a lot of time on the “inside” with the Pats/BB. He must have intel that we aren’t privy to.
I don’t understand how we have insiders like Zo, Curran, and Holley and we have this outside hack Wicker-sham as the whistle blower.
Think about that for a minute.

My take:

This is about ESPN being in serious trouble, and one of their 2nd tier worrying about losing the best gig he’ll ever have. The Turk is coming and the Wickersham’s of that frat house know it. I think this was a factor for Gruden going back to coaching.

So, ol’ Seth goes to his tried and true flame routine; there is a clear history there as a number of posters on this thread have shown. Like most of the jock sniffers he probably has a low level mole in Foxboro, who will give him “just enough” verifiable info to satisfy his editor’s rock bottom standards for publishing some juicy click bait in the days before what may be ESPN’s most important couple of weeks (given their ratings performance and the amount of dough they put into the NFL coverage). They need a ratings score super bad obviously so anything goes to create a storyline.

Going after the Pats with a fraud is a proven formula for success appealing to a nation of NFL fans that is sick of their continued success; especially with both of the New York franchises being a dumpster fire, the Packers and Cowboys in disarray, etc. They could care less that the local media is poking holes in the story, their objective is being served by the extra attention.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, he will be 1 year from being the second or third oldest HC in the history of the NFL and he will be starting over with the Giants? Without a QB? Without existing working relationship with ownership? With half the area that hates his HC of the NYJ guts?

Funny what people will believe

The BB Method:
1) A low ******** diet that includes plenty of MILF
2) Oxygenate the forearms

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes