PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
ignore-the-noise-t-shirt-51-300x300.jpg

Even if it were true, it literally doesn't matter... They're the #1 seed preparing for a playoff run and a potential 6th SB title
Well, it matters if whatever is going on (if anything) would prompt BB to walk out the door after the season is over.

But yes, this article isn't going to matter one iota re: playoff prep. It's either false and they'll use it for motivation or it's true and they've already been dealing with it. No matter how much Brady and BB may allegedly hate each other, they both want to win big-time and aren't going to let personal conflicts get in the way of that during a playoff run.

Their timing is off. The Globe would have held it until a day or two before the big game.
Exactly as the Herald and Tomase did on SB weekend 10 years ago.

So why the emotional need for the article to be false? So what if it were true? What would be the skin off your nose if it actually were true?

Their past stuff about Deflategate, etc. I totally understand -- they were accusing the team of cheating.

But here they're (presumably) saying there's a significant rift between Brady and BB (and BB and Kraft?). Sure, unusual news for NE, but it's a dime-a-dozen thing in sports.

Because it seems like every other SB going back to 2007 we've had to have some dumb scandal that was blown out of proportion. I'm tired of it. I can ignore articles about it, I can stay out of discussion threads about here or on reddit or wherever. I can avoid talking about it.

But, invariably, it will come up during the game. Sometimes I guess it just feels like we're being punished for being fans of this team's unparalleled success. It's easy to say 'just don't let it bug you' but you can't logic away an emotional response like the annoyance I will feel when Romo or Collinsworth or whoever we get has to answer the inevitable 'so what did you think about the reports from ESPN' setup from the play by play guy.

And the Pats had not won 2 of last 3 SB.
True. But who cares ? If I take BB at his word, no one cares what you did last year.

I think the story will be overblown. I think BB wants Brady to be the QB. But I am not convinced he and Brady are close. When asked about the relationship, BB mentioned how often they meet. I don’t care - it matter to me that they win. Winning is everything.

While I don’t believe this to be the truth, one could argue that BB felt it was time to go with Jimmy in 2018 and that trading Brady to a team that thinks they are one piece away would bring back the haul of a lifetime.

Again, I don’t personally think that scenario is true, but it isn’t as far fetched as some theories.

What exactly do you think TB12's trade value would be at the end of the 2018 season?

He'll be 41 and his contract his up in 2 years and there is no guarantee he'll take a discount like he did here

If you think hes worth more than one 1st rounder, you are wrong.

Well, it matters if whatever is going on (if anything) would prompt BB to walk out the door after the season is over.

But yes, this article isn't going to matter one iota re: playoff prep. It's either false and they'll use it for motivation or it's true and they've already been dealing with it. No matter how much Brady and BB may allegedly hate each other, they both want to win big-time and aren't going to let personal conflicts get in the way of that during a playoff run.

Yea I agree, and if it is true then we can worry about that after the season is over.. The media is just trying to drive it now because its like a hail mary for them, in the hopes that it may have even a 1% chance of distracting the team and harming them in some way

Their alleged rift is irrelevant until early February

Because it seems like every other SB going back to 2007 we've had to have some dumb scandal that was blown out of proportion. I'm tired of it. I can ignore articles about it, I can stay out of discussion threads about here or on reddit or wherever. I can avoid talking about it.

Owner, coach, and QB not getting along is a "scandal"???

What exactly do you think TB12's trade value would be at the end of the 2018 season?

If you think hes worth more than one 1st rounder, you are wrong.
I meant at the end of 2017. Before 2018. And I am sure teams like Houston, Jacksonville, and others would overpay.

I meant at the end of 2017. Before 2018. And I am sure teams like Houston, Jacksonville, and others would overpay.
Pay what? What does overpay mean to you?

Overpay? How much is overpaying to take away the SBs brady will still win here?

Pay what? What does overpay mean to you?
Maybe a first and two seconds. Maybe a first and multiples the next year...

Confident teams would bid. And the haul would exceed a pick in the 40s they got for Jimmy.

Brady would bring so much publicity to those teams (Jax) or legitimate winning (Houston). They would much rather a chance of a SB to « hope in the future ».

the sad part is that people can write whatever they want and ask the patriots to confirm . And BB and Brady will repeatedly say nothing so there will be more noise that this is true.

I honestly think there is a greater chance someone connected to the Pats is trolling ESPN than there is of this story being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back