PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN does another hatchet job on TB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our guys spread false information and accusations about an innocent man because we liked the ratings it brought us and because well, the vast majority of us hate the Patriots anyway.

Oops.

But hey, because he served a suspension, he can't be MVP.

"For the season, Ryan beat Brady in completion percentage, yards per game, yards per attempt, passer rating and Total QBR. Ryan beat everybody in those last three categories. He did it for a team that had a far less effective defense than Brady's. The Patriots held opponents to a league-low 15.6 points per game, while Atlanta allowed 25.4. Ryan did it while taking 37 sacks, while Brady took only 15."

The problem I see is that when they decide to talk about Passer Rating and QBR, they are compounding the previous stats.. They are worthless stats IMHO..

Ryan's TD to INT ration of 5.4/1 is far worse than Brady's of 14.0/1.

If they want to talk about how other aspects of the team detract, then they need to look at Atlanta's Run Game. It's that run game that helped open things up for the Deeper passing game of Atlanta. Because their two primary backs had better than a 4.6 YPC. That forced opposing teams to put more defenders in the box, allowing the deeper passing game to open up.

Everything is about NE - not why Ryan should win, but why Brady shouldn't. Enjoy it - no one cares this much about a team that sucks.

Who gives a ****? Everyone is squawking about this because ESPN is BLEEDING, along with the rest of the NFL, and they are trying to create controversy.

As a Pats fan, maybe we all should practice the "Patriot way" and ignore all of this BS. Regardless of the 4 games or not, Matt Ryan put up some serious numbers. Whether its Ryan or Brady, both of them deserve it so whatever the outcome is, its best we leave all this 4 game speculation to rest. Everyone is splitting hairs about "Brady isn't as valuable because they went 3-1 without him" and his value isn't as much since the Patriots have the best coach in the league. I'm more curious at when the last time these poor bastards got a piece of ass.... clearly its been a while if they are focusing on Brady at the molecular level.

Yea, I get that. But sacks aren't just prevented by the OL. The QB can move, get rid of the ball quicker, throw it away, etc., all the stuff Brady does to make his OL look better than they sometimes are.

You're preaching to the choir.. I was just telling you my opinion on what they were implying.

The implication is that Ryan's O-line isn't as good as Brady's so his stats should be looked at in a better light..
While it should be that maybe Ryan should get the ball out faster...............to avoid the sacks...

I get why Ryan is getting the love, and I have no issue if he wins MVP, because 1) we're in the ring business and 2) it's not like he is undeserving like some other pizza peddler we know.

And frankly, I just can't bring myself to care what BSPN thinks. They've become a joke in the world of sports "journalism", which is a low bar to begin with. Even non-Pats fans see them as a sports oriented TMZ or E!

I have no problem with Ryan being MVP. He's had an awesome season and has led his team to the number two seed in spite of their defense. That's an MVP in my eyes.

Brady has had an amazing season as well. If he won then it'd be deserved.

Can't complain against either.

However, I think a front page story on why a certain player shouldn't get it is kind of sketchy. Guess they're trying to account for their heel turn over the MVP voting. They had Tom comfortably in first, then changed their minds over the past week or so. I wouldn't think a win over the Saints would shift perception so much.

"For the season, Ryan beat Brady in completion percentage, yards per game, yards per attempt, passer rating and Total QBR. Ryan beat everybody in those last three categories. He did it for a team that had a far less effective defense than Brady's. The Patriots held opponents to a league-low 15.6 points per game, while Atlanta allowed 25.4. Ryan did it while taking 37 sacks, while Brady took only 15."

When did taking sacks make one a better quarterback?

Awfully long article to basically make the one point that he couldn't play for the first 4 weeks.

If thats the case 1984 Tony Eason was GoAT.

Didn't see this mentioned, and I'm sure most don't want to actually look at it, but they
do a really pretty egregious hatchet job on Tom. Disguised as 'nothing personal, but...', but
I really don't remember them doing such a lengthy article on why someone SHOULDN'T
win an award.

The case against Tom Brady as MVP
This post is exactly the reason they do this. Its a polarizing topic expected to get people to react. Patriots/Brady are polarizing topics so they will do this all the time. They also did an article after the houston game how BB was a great genius. I bet non pat fans had rolled their eyes on that one as well.

This post is exactly the reason they do this. Its a polarizing topic expected to get people to react. Patriots/Brady are polarizing topics so they will do this all the time. They also did an article after the houston game how BB was a great genius. I bet non pat fans had rolled their eyes on that one as well.

Whatever gets the clicks and the buzz

When did taking sacks make one a better quarterback?

Awfully long article to basically make the one point that he couldn't play for the first 4 weeks.

Games played inside domes 2016:

-Ryan: 9
-Brady: 0

Any questions?

How many people in this thread actually clicked on the link? I didn't. I just responded to what someone else posted.

I didn't. Saw it on espn didn't click. Saw it here didn't click

Tom ****in Brady.

That's all. BSPN*, go pound sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore