PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Berry just got paid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Chiefs gave S Eric Berry a six-year, $78 million deal that includes $40 million guaranteed and a $20 mil signing bonus, per source.

Another one where the organization publicly came out before negotiations and assured the fan base they were determined to make said player "the highest paid in the league at his position." It's almost like they think it's a good thing, and maybe they do. Just not the same approach as the Patriots, and the results speak for themselves. If the Pats make Hightower the highest paid inside linebacker, it won't be their original goal of negotiations.

Wow.. That's a lot for a Safety considering how much they've been paid the last few years. That'll shoot up their market.

Happy for Berry, he does a lot for the local community and the children. He is a good guy, can't hate on him for getting paid.

The market for Butler just got higher.

But seriously. What if someone offers him stupid money this year? He could be gone first rounder be damned.

So the AAV = $13M
I saw that he's getting $30M in his 1st two years.
His signing bonus is $20M and then he's got another $20M guaranteed.. So, probably $4M/$6M in salary guaranteed this year and then a guaranteed salary of $10M for the 2019 season..

Does that really affect the Butler, Ryan, Harmon negotiations. They're reps will say yes, for sure.
Its going to be a fascinating couple of weeks. Lots of ways to spend 65 million dollars.

Good guy and great player, happy for him. I feel bad for him having to deal with Alex Smith and Reid. KC is never a serious contender with those two at the helm.

Hightower figures to get that or more.

I don't know if a Safety is worth that much...even an all pro like Berry.

Even at his skill level, that can't be the best allocation of funds. I guess a "not signing the tag" tantrum can help you cash in.

When Eric Berry came to play against our high school during his Senior year, we booed him lustily before the game and during the first quarter. By the time the second quarter rolled around and he was making great plays on offense and defense we got quiet any time he had the ball. Been to lots of high school football games here in Georgia. Eric Berry is best high school football player I've ever had the pleasure of seeing.

d%#*!@t!!!!!!! WE'RE LOSING ANOTHER OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!

It looks like KC may have the offseason buy this year.

Look for the Jets to sign another shiny Brandon Marshall type to earn the other AFC off-season buy slot on their way to another offseason Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back