PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Berry just got paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if a Safety is worth that much...even an all pro like Berry.

Safety is a premier position now along with corner. Every position is important but I think that teams would rather give that kind of money to a safety than a middle linebacker or defensive tackle

??????

Among the most important positions on defense the way the game is being played right now. Not worth 13m for an all-pro player. Ok then...
Just as an FYI the safety cap number is the lowest of all non kicker positions.

And this is why people have trouble duplicating the success of the Patriots. Sure Eric Berry is pretty much the best at his position. But when you can get 2 high quality guys for the price of 1, then the team is better off.

It's good PR for the for the team, but that doesn't necessarily lead to more wins.

And this is why people have trouble duplicating the success of the Patriots. Sure Eric Berry is pretty much the best at his position. But when you can get 2 high quality guys for the price of 1, then the team is better off.

It's good PR for the for the team, but that doesn't necessarily lead to more wins.
As teams fall in love with "star" players and pay them an increasing amount of the cap it creates more opportunity in the mid level players. the real key is replacing the stats that leave with draft picks who are in their first contract.
Look at Denver. They paid von Miller the QBs money so now they can't afford a QB without drastic cuts everywhere else. (Or defections that aren't replaced)

It was on the crawl on NFLN last night. Probably still is. Check there

From memory S was just over 10mill. LB 14.5 de 16+ corner 16+. QB over 21. Ol was like 14 WR 16
Possibly TE was as low as S but I don't think it was.

It was on the crawl on NFLN last night. Probably still is. Check there

From memory S was just over 10mill. LB 14.5 de 16+ corner 16+. QB over 21. Ol was like 14 WR 16
Possibly TE was as low as S but I don't think it was.

So they combined all the O line positions? How is this even computed

So they combined all the O line positions? How is this even computed
Here you go. TE actually is lower than safety. They compute by averaging the top 5 contracts at each position.

• Quarterback: $21.395MM
  • Running back: $12.377MM
  • Wide receiver: $15.826MM
  • Tight end: $9.894MM
  • Offensive line: $14.444MM
  • Defensive end: $16.955MM
  • Defensive tackle: $13.468MM
  • Linebacker: $14.754MM
  • Cornerback: $14.297MM
  • Safety: $10.961MM
  • Punter/kicker: $4.863MM
Looking Ahead To 2017 Franchise Tags

Here you go. TE actually is lower than safety. They compute by averaging the top 5 contracts at each position.

• Quarterback: $21.395MM
  • Running back: $12.377MM
  • Wide receiver: $15.826MM
  • Tight end: $9.894MM
  • Offensive line: $14.444MM
  • Defensive end: $16.955MM
  • Defensive tackle: $13.468MM
  • Linebacker: $14.754MM
  • Cornerback: $14.297MM
  • Safety: $10.961MM
  • Punter/kicker: $4.863MM
Looking Ahead To 2017 Franchise Tags

Oh these are just the tag numbers. Im going to compite the averages for the top 10 at some positions for 2016 and post my results

So it's an indication of how people who make a living negotiating football contracts feel about the value of the safety position

So it's an indication of how people who make a living negotiating football contracts feel about the value of the safety position

Don't see how any of this is relevant to my point that on our team safety is most probably the most important defensive position. It's the glue that keeps it all together.

The majority of teams is paying a ****ton of money towards their WRs corp and yet we have one of the best offensive units with just a fraction of the cost.

Cost != Importance

Don't see how any of this is relevant to my point that on our team safety is most probably the most important defensive position. It's the glue that keeps it all together.
You didn't say on our team. And no it's not.

The majority of teams is paying a ****ton of money towards their WRs corp and yet we have one of the best offensive units with just a fraction of the cost.

Cost != Importance
It does to the guy writing the check.

To deny that what players at a position are paid has amy relevance to how the position is valued is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore