PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of minicamp roster -- 7 cuts needed to sign all rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the prohibition on "practicing" includes being on the practice field to observe practice and plays just discussed in the previous meeting. Actually seeing fellow players run through the diagrammed play often helps teach the play, better than just studying the playbook, as one picture (run through play), is often worth a thousand words. If it does prevent attending but not practicing, than maintaining a Pupp status for as long as practicable, helps.
That's a good question. I don't know for sure but I would venture to guess that a player is allowed to watch and be on the sidelines for practices. The reason I say that is that I seem to recall some players that were on IR being on the sidelines as there teams played a game, and the rule doesn't seem to make any distinction between practices and games.

That's a good question. I don't know for sure but I would venture to guess that a player is allowed to watch and be on the sidelines for practices. The reason I say that is that I seem to recall some players that were on IR being on the sidelines as there teams played a game, and the rule doesn't seem to make any distinction between practices and games.
I do not know the EXACT rules for IR players and PUP players during the season...As anyone who has been to training camp knows. that all players are there for some time..through drills and then after they are warmed up..at some point the PUP guys leave and go to the inside practice facility....then later, they return..the walking wounded come back and go to the positional meetings..around the field..They ARE there..just not for that LARGE section of what is practice...whether this is similar to what happens during the season..I do not know...can IR/PUP players be on the sidelines during practice?? These details I do not know...

QB - Tom Brady
QB - Kevin O'Connell
QB - Matt Gutierrez
QB - Brian Hoyer
Agreed.

RB - Laurence Maroney
RB - Sammy Morris
RB - Kevin Faulk
RB - Fred Taylor
RB - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
FB - Eric Kettani
I think that Kettani sticks. Only 5 RBs entering TC is just too thin for my liking.

WR - Randy Moss
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Joey Galloway
WR - Greg Lewis
WR - Sam Aiken
WR - Brandon Tate
WR - Julian Edelman
WR - Robert Ortiz
WR - Terrence Nunn
WR - Tyree Barnes
WR - Shun White
Agreed that Barnes & White are either R/MILed or released; but I think that Tate will get PUPed by TC.

TE - Benjamin Watson
TE - Chris Baker
TE - Alex Smith
TE - David Thomas
TE - Tyson DeVree
Agreed.

T - Matt Light
T - Nick Kaczur
T - Sebastian Vollmer
T - Mark LeVoir
T - Wesley Britt
T - Ryan O'Callaghan
T - Jermail Porter
Agreed.

G - Logan Mankins
G - Stephen Neal
C - Dan Koppen
G/C - Russ Hochstein
G/C - Rich Ohrnberger
G/C - Billy Yates
G - George Bussey
C - Al Johnson
G/C - Dan Connolly
G/C - Ryan Wendell
Agreed.

DE - Richard Seymour
DE - Ty Warren
DE - Jarvis Green
DE - Mike Wright
DE - Le Kevin Smith
DE - Darryl Richard
DE - Titus Adams
I think that Adams sticks.

NT - Vince Wilfork
NT - Ron Brace
NT - Myron Pryor
NT - Steve Williams
I think that Williams is cut.

OLB - Adalius Thomas
OLB - Pierre Woods
OLB - Shawn Crable
OLB - Tully Banta-Cain
OLB - Vince Redd
Agreed.

ILB - Jerod Mayo
ILB - Tedy Bruschi
ILB - Gary Guyton
ILB - Tyrone McKenzie
ILB - Paris Lenon
ILB - Eric Alexander
ILB - Vinny Ciurciu
ILB - Antonio Appleby
I think that McKenzie gets PUPed.

CB - Leigh Bodden
CB - Shawn Springs
CB - Jonathan Wilhite
CB - Darius Butler
CB - Terrence Wheatley
CB - Mike Richardson
CB - Jamar Love
I think that Love sticks.

S - Brandon Meriweather
S - James Sanders
S - Patrick Chung
S - Tank Williams
S - Brandon McGowan
S - Antwain Spann
Agreed.

K - Stephen Gostkowski
P - Chris Hanson
P - Tom Malone
LS - Nathan Hodel
LS - Jake Ingram
ST - Ray Ventrone
ST - Matthew Slater
Agreed.

No major differences; I just have Tate & McKenzie going on PUP sooner rather than later.

Does this team really NEED 80 players for training camp?

Is that, like, a trick question?

I can't start new threads, but Antonio Appleby has been released (from Reiss on Twitter)

Or, we go with 5 ILB's. Mayo, Bru, Guyton, Lenon and Ciurciu.

The FO just blew a chance to add - at least for TC - a young, big ILB candidate with experience in a similar system, in favor of undersized, undertalented, try-hard stiffs with tenure like Alexander & Ciurciu. Disgusting.

It Is Time To Cut Some Players

We have 86 including rooks. Tate and McKenzie will go on lists so that they won't count at least for awhile, so we need to cut at least four. We also might be signing some JAG's or UDFA's or even free agents, so we will cut more than four.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE PLAYERS AS THEIR BINKIES?
I personally see little reason to keep any of them around, although I suspect that one or two might still be here for camp.

KETTANI
NUNN
WHITE
BARNES
ORTIZ
STEVE WILLIAMS
LOVE
PORTER

Re: It Is Time To Cut Some Players

I mentioned the need for cuts in the thread about Appleby. I think a lot of people might still be unclear on the numbers requirements and how that impacts the binkies.

The Navy players can stay and not count towards anything via military/non active list, so I don't believe they count towards the 86.

edit: maybe it's military/reserve--anyway, I thought it was military/something

Last edited:

Peppers . . .

Don't think it's quite time for BJGE just yet, especially since it's not even training camp. And since even after TC, there's probably still a 50-50 chance that he makes it.

Lots of players to go before Green-Ellis does.

We have 86 including rooks. Tate and McKenzie will go on lists so that they won't count at least for awhile, so we need to cut at least four. We also might be signing some JAG's or UDFA's or even free agents, so we will cut more than four.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OF THESE PLAYERS AS THEIR BINKIES?
I personally see little reason to keep any of them around, although I suspect that one or two might still be here for camp.

KETTANI
NUNN
WHITE
BARNES
ORTIZ
STEVE WILLIAMS
LOVE
PORTER
What about WENDELL or ADAMS???? I would add those two to this list...no??? They both were on the PSquad..but are they really that close to being on the 53?? Maybe they see something with them...not sure...
I agree with all except for Porter..because it may be they see something with him that in time could develop. If that's NOT the case, then he should be gone ASAP..but?? Maybe they can find another Neal in awhile with him..Isn't it worth it if that is a real possibility??
The situation is that to get to the 80, it REALLY will not be all that hard, while in other years it was.
So...I agree..there will be others coming in for sure....

As you say, Wendell and Adams are Practice Squad material. That is better than most of the rest.

What about WENDELL or ADAMS???? I would add those two to this list...no??? They both were on the PSquad..but are they really that close to being on the 53?? Maybe they see something with them...not sure...
I agree with all except for Porter..because it may be they see something with him that in time could develop. If that's NOT the case, then he should be gone ASAP..but?? Maybe they can find another Neal in awhile with him..Isn't it worth it if that is a real possibility??
The situation is that to get to the 80, it REALLY will not be all that hard, while in other years it was.
So...I agree..there will be others coming in for sure....

The Navy players can stay and not count towards anything via military/non active list, so I don't believe they count towards the 86.

edit: maybe it's military/reserve--anyway, I thought it was military/something

Right, but they can only be on the list if they are, you know, actually in the military.

As you say, Wendell and Adams are Practice Squad material. That is better than most of the rest.
Maybe...maybe not...long term are they better?? Craig was on the PSquad and gone... we'll see who of the UDFAs will be kept for the PSquad. I am thinking obviously if they go with 2 QBs, the 3rd will be on it. Also, I would not be surprised if Bussey, Richard or even Edelman are part of that. If they think Porter can make it, he would be a candidate. I agree the others, Ortiz, Barnes, Kettani, White etc..really may not be strong enough for that. Also sometimes it's position that they go for more than the particular player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3