PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Emmanuel Sanders won’t take a paycut in Denver, looks like he’ll be released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that we will use a 2nd for a WR. IMHO, we would likely do better to trade for a WR, using a 2nd or a 3rd.

1. No on Thomas for a number of reasons. First he isn't coming off just an injury but an Achilles tear, and that is a difficult one for any receiver to come back from, especially one that old. 2nd he's always been a bit soft. Third he's never been a precise route runner, and 4th I think there are better options out there.

2. Sanders has always been a favorite of mine. One of my great regrets is the Pats not going just a little bit higher for him when they tried to grab him as a RFA. Having him here the last 5 or so years would have been epic. Think of him, JE and Gronk. :eek:.

But in the end, he isn't coming here this off season for the same reason he mentions in his tweet. Sanders is an eight figure WR, and he's not coming here to play for 7. It's as simple as that.

3. I'm all on board in picking a WR any time in the second day of the draft, and it wouldn't surprise me if its in the "dreaded" 2nd round.

4. As to the rest, I'm fine having Dorsett back. he has a role that he's played well as the 3rd or 4th WR. But given the choice of one or the other I'd rather have CPaterson. He has the better chance to go beyond the role he carved out for himself in 2018. (jmho)

5. If we DO go after an established FA WR this off season, the #1 guy, I'd like to see them make a move on is Golden Tate. First he is a couple of years younger than Sanders and Thomas, and 2nd he'd come relatively cheaper. (maybe in the 7-9 range). The guys been a precision route runner his entire career and would like be the most likely to fit in our system of all the talked about FA WR's

Golden Tate may find 15 mill on oak island

I like Adam Humphries but don't think he's a second coming. Glad the Patriots isn't in the overpaying business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST