PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elite Defense if no major injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincerest apologies @AzPatsFan, I completely missed the point past the 2004 season. In that regard, I agree that this is probably the best D the Patriots have fielded since the 2008 season. For some reason, I thought you were referring to the 3 Super Bowl winning Defenses. That was my mistake.

No Problem. I suppose I could have been more clear.

They get Clady back but lose Reeves, in FA. Both our reserve DE, and their starting DE are returning from injuries. In his prime, Ware was awesome, but he hasn't been so in a while, not just 2012. We have injuries on our DL, but we lost 4 and I'd wager some of them, probably 3-4 are back which is better than, more than just zero last year.

You forget that Pitt let your WR go, and was prepared to do so to us for negligible money the year before. Why?

A star CB went Over the Hill last year and Talib merely tries to repair the hole. They were 27th against the pass like us at the bottom. Their additions barely cover their losses, ours are net additions in the secondary.

Sorry you can't scare me.

You forgot Von miller and Ware is healthy now. He chose to play with one arm than shut his season down. Sanders plays same position as brown and they have a young talent stepping in. Not only that Pitt planned on drafting a tall wr. I'm not trying to scare you. And you know you would be excited had we landed Sanders. You are bias in your opinions cuz you Want to believe we upgraded more. Suppose we have to wait til fall to see whose right. Once the trade deadline passes if the wr's struggle and Gronk is hurt there will be no help. We will be saying to ourselves wait til next yr we are getting some weapons as the offense stalls in the playoffs once again. That's what scares me.

You forgot Von miller and Ware is healthy now. He chose to play with one arm than shut his season down. Sanders plays same position as brown and they have a young talent stepping in. Not only that Pitt planned on drafting a tall wr. I'm not trying to scare you. And you know you would be excited had we landed Sanders. You are bias in your opinions cuz you Want to believe we upgraded more. Suppose we have to wait til fall to see whose right. Once the trade deadline passes if the wr's struggle and Gronk is hurt there will be no help. We will be saying to ourselves wait til next yr we are getting some weapons as the offense stalls in the playoffs once again. That's what scares me.
Sanders is a solid WR, nothing more. That offense will not be as good. Decker and Moreno will be missed, Welker is a year older and 2 concussions closer to being a vegetable.

Latimer is an interesting prospect with a lot of upside but I'm not sure he will contribute much as a rookie.

Just have to address this. Severely misguided opinion? My opinion is speed is more important than excess weight. Not just speed but the explosiveness, hard hitting ability,and quickness to defend the pass or cut off duel threat qbs for minimal gains rather than running by a slow lb and gashing the defense for 50+ yrd gains. NOBODY WANTS A 2 DOWN LB ANYMORE. Its insulting for LBs to be labeled 2down lbs in this passing league as is the label box safety. It shows your to slow and a liability vs the pass. Practically a handicap on passing downs. There will never be a first round 2down lb or strictly box safety to be drafted in the first round again.

Secondly you would prefer 270 lb Hightower over Willis,Bowman,Washington,David or recently drafted former teammate CJ Mosley? Even Alabama coaches say Mosley due to explosiveness and ability to defend the pass and deliver game changing splash plays is far better than Hightower. Yet I'm misguided. Nobody would prefer Hightower over the lbs I just mentioned. You're opinion is maybe biased towards which player is better?

I said of similar skillsets... all lbs you named match up with Mayo, not Hightower. Hightower is a thorough bred Mike LBer with the versatility to occasionally line up/rush elsewhere. Due to Injury last season his role was greatly changed (not mention how the DTs infront of him couldnt keep guards/centers from sprining upfield).

So yes... to answer your question. For a LBers to take on guards,fbs,tes,centers..... ill take the270 lb suplex machine.

do you have Tourettes Syndrome or what?...almost every one of these indecipherable posts is followed by a doppelganger...click once on "post reply"...

Thanks, will do.
Thanks, will do.

Man, now I have to type everything twice.
Man, now I have to type everything twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News