PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Elite Defense if no major injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're either a colossal troll, or you're literally my least favorite person to ever grace this board. Get over yourself, you narcissistic turd.

LOL, guys you have to know I'm just playing around LOL Come on this board is for fun and leisure. Dude I'm not narcisstic, I know better,I been dumped like everybody else at some point

What is a troll anyways?

Seriously what is a troll. Is Warcraft a video game? I don't play much and I'm when I do I'm selective.

Good Lord.

It's off season and we're so bored it's entertaining to see Jim The Rodent beclown himself

You are not Zyzz brah'. The kid is obv. a Troll, copying a overnight bodybuilding Internet sensation by the name of Azyzz, who routinely would spew the same nonsense.

If it was your job to routinely smash heads with 250lb freaks of nature instead of taking shirtless pics and getting off on attention.... I might consider your severly misguided views..but...nahhhh. ill take a 270lb mlb vs. A 250 lb mlb anyday given both had the same skillsets and iq.

I know dude, at one point back in highschool I was envious of of this 2 :)

Gym rat and Gym rat sittin in a tree, K I S S I N G.......,,,...

Gymrat, could you please put your statement that you are not a narcissist. In with your shirtless pictures of yourself. It will just be so much funnier to those reading it.

Gymrat, could you please put your statement that you are not a narcissist. In with your shirtless pictures of yourself. It will just be so much funnier to those reading it.

Just did it 2 get a laugh for a sec. I'm not a narcissist. I'm more on the shy side with girls than anything but your right that will be funnier if I did that.

You are not Zyzz brah'. The kid is obv. a Troll, copying a overnight bodybuilding Internet sensation by the name of Azyzz, who routinely would spew the same nonsense.

If it was your job to routinely smash heads with 250lb freaks of nature instead of taking shirtless pics and getting off on attention.... I might consider your severly misguided views..but...nahhhh. ill take a 270lb mlb vs. A 250 lb mlb anyday given both had the same skillsets and iq.

This is a passing league. Every elite lb is lean fast,tough and lb 4 lb powerful and explosive. Capable of flashing on the scene with splash hits and pass breakups. Also capable of cutting off running duel threat qbs for minimal gains. 20+ yrs ago that may be preferred. Of course I would prefer 270 over 240 with equal movement skills. But he isn't even close to Willis,bowman,David,Kendricks ,burfict,Washington,etc. However if he dropped 15lbs carefully he could be as explosive as them while being as powerful as he is at 270. 255 is still huge,if his movement skills are anything close to them dudes while being 255lbs the NFL better look out. Hightower is going to hurt somebody.

images

+
Brandon+Browner+Seattle+Seahawks+v+Denver+nqFIUcWwk3pl.jpg

+
2012-Training-Camp-Chandler-Jones-Action-200w.jpg

====

RandyMarsh.jpg

For some reason, people continue to discount that other teams have also improved their Defense over the course of the off-season. Tampa will be better (the Lovie effect alone), St.Louis, New Orleans, Cleveland and Chicago are a few off the top of my head I can think of.

I like what New England is building but it's a stretch at this point to make claims that it's an elite unit. If all goes well, the D has the potential to be elite. Unfortunately, if it all goes well hasn't gone hand in hand with New England in recent years.

We don't play those teams, so I don't care this year.

By any objective criterion this Pats Defense has more talent and is better, than any fielded since 2004 and maybe even better. BTW, did you note that that included three, 3, T-h-r-e-e, Super Bowl clubs?

Just have to address this. Severely misguided opinion? My opinion is speed is more important than excess weight. Not just speed but the explosiveness, hard hitting ability,and quickness to defend the pass or cut off duel threat qbs for minimal gains rather than running by a slow lb and gashing the defense for 50+ yrd gains. NOBODY WANTS A 2 DOWN LB ANYMORE. Its insulting for LBs to be labeled 2down lbs in this passing league as is the label box safety. It shows your to slow and a liability vs the pass. Practically a handicap on passing downs. There will never be a first round 2down lb or strictly box safety to be drafted in the first round again.

Secondly you would prefer 270 lb Hightower over Willis,Bowman,Washington,David or recently drafted former teammate CJ Mosley? Even Alabama coaches say Mosley due to explosiveness and ability to defend the pass and deliver game changing splash plays is far better than Hightower. Yet I'm misguided. Nobody would prefer Hightower over the lbs I just mentioned. You're opinion is maybe biased towards which player is better?

By any objective criterion this Pats Defense has more talent and is better, than any fielded since 2004 and maybe even better. BTW, did you note that that included three, 3, T-h-r-e-e, Super Bowl clubs?
No, this Defense does not have more talent nor is it better than any one of the three Super Bowl Defenses. Teams on paper do not win championships. Teams playing games wins championships.

No, this Defense does not have more talent nor is it better than any one of the three Super Bowl Defenses. Teams on paper do not win championships. Teams playing games wins championships.

Thee 31st place Defense of the 2011 Superbowl club was no prize. That team got there on its Offense. Nor was the 2007 edition with its experienced but older and slow Defense, that BB would have to start tearing down in 2008-9 to rebuild. The 2004 team had a great Defense in its prime, and was probably the best that the Pats fielded.

Those championships have nothing to do with now. Just cuz you think this yes defense is best we had since 2005 doesn't mean its the best in the NFL now . You're not looking at the big pic. Many defenses are improving and some more than ours. The broncos added Demarcus Ware and Talib. Not to mention they get Miller back who ALREADY IS an elite passrusher and Derek Wolf an up and comer like our up and comers along with probowl safety tj ward and Harris returns. Everybody looks at their teams improvements and ignore the fact that other teams may have improved more. Like on offense, MAYBE Amendola will be better. Maybe the rookies from last yr get a little better. NOBODY considers the broncos brought in Emanuel Sanders. Top3 LT Clady returns while they drafted a super talented wr(unfortunately more talented than Dobson) and Julius Thomas will improve chemistry with Manning. I think that trumps our offensive improvements and considering miller is coming back,perhaps our defense improvements to. They get a pro bowl LT back,add Sanders who many think is primed for a breakout season not just some minor improvements and a very talented rookie wr and some fans think we improved more than them.

Does our offensive weapons really compare. I hope so, I hope everything works to the max for us. I just don't get it. We pay amendola 30 or 35 mil and offer Emanuel Sanders 2 mil. EVERYBODY is ready for sanders to breakout, NOBODY was anticipating amendola to breakout unless Brady carried him to a breakout.

Those championships have nothing to do with now. Just cuz you think this yes defense is best we had since 2005 doesn't mean its the best in the NFL now . You're not looking at the big pic. Many defenses are improving and some more than ours. The broncos added Demarcus Ware and Talib. Not to mention they get Miller back who ALREADY IS an elite passrusher and Derek Wolf an up and comer like our up and comers along with probowl safety tj ward and Harris returns. Everybody looks at their teams improvements and ignore the fact that other teams may have improved more. Like on offense, MAYBE Amendola will be better. Maybe the rookies from last yr get a little better. NOBODY considers the broncos brought in Emanuel Sanders. Top3 LT Clady returns while they drafted a super talented wr(unfortunately more talented than Dobson) and Julius Thomas will improve chemistry with Manning. I think that trumps our offensive improvements and considering miller is coming back,perhaps our defense improvements to. They get a pro bowl LT back,add Sanders who many think is primed for a breakout season not just some minor improvements and a very talented rookie wr and some fans think we improved more than them.

Does our offensive weapons really compare. I hope so, I hope everything works to the max for us. I just don't get it. We pay amendola 30 or 35 mil and offer Emanuel Sanders 2 mil. EVERYBODY is ready for sanders to breakout, NOBODY was anticipating amendola to breakout unless Brady carried him to a breakout.

They get Clady back but lose Reeves, in FA. Both our reserve DE, and their starting DE are returning from injuries. In his prime, Ware was awesome, but he hasn't been so in a while, not just 2012. We have injuries on our DL, but we lost 4 and I'd wager some of them, probably 3-4 are back which is better than, more than just zero last year.

You forget that Pitt let your WR go, and was prepared to do so to us for negligible money the year before. Why?

A star CB went Over the Hill last year and Talib merely tries to repair the hole. They were 27th against the pass like us at the bottom. Their additions barely cover their losses, ours are net additions in the secondary.

Sorry you can't scare me.

Thee 31st place Defense of the 2011 Superbowl club was no prize. That team got there on its Offense. Nor was the 2007 edition with its experienced but older and slow Defense, that BB would have to start tearing down in 2008-9 to rebuild. The 2004 team had a great Defense in its prime, and was probably the best that the Pats fielded.
My sincerest apologies @AzPatsFan, I completely missed the point past the 2004 season. In that regard, I agree that this is probably the best D the Patriots have fielded since the 2008 season. For some reason, I thought you were referring to the 3 Super Bowl winning Defenses. That was my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back