PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Sony Michel to miss some time after minor knee procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sensing a trend with UGA football players with pre-existing knee injuries...

Injury history w the reports we've heard mean anything involving his knees are serious business.

It's Aug & it's already an issue.

Plus the extra body we'll have to carry if it lingers into the season.
I'm not sure I buy the bone on bone reports. I think there was some team/agent gamesmenship going on.

Plus the extra body we'll have to carry if it lingers into the season.

That's the interesting question from a roster perspective. If he comes back to practice between the 2nd & 3rd pre-season games (as per the "10-day" projection), and then gets in for a few reps against the Giants' scrubs, we'll kinda have our answer.

OTOH, if he doesn't participate in more than a couple of the remaining practices and doesn't play in the pre-season finale, the Pats may elect to go the IR-return route (six weeks) rather than carry him on the bench, especially with Edelman missing the first four games.

So he had fluid drained from his knee ...
They will waste a few weeks then we'll hear he's getting surgery to have his knee cleaned up.
I hope they take the cautious route ... he's had ACL and knee strain ... something else going on in there.

Sony Michel injury history and analysis

That's the interesting question from a roster perspective. If he comes back to practice between the 2nd & 3rd pre-season games (as per the "10-day" projection), and then gets in for a few reps against the Giants' scrubs, we'll kinda have our answer.

OTOH, if he doesn't participate in more than a couple of the remaining practices and doesn't play in the pre-season finale, the Pats may elect to go the IR-return route (six weeks) rather than carry him on the bench, especially with Edelman missing the first four games.

So A lot of brady to gronk in September I suppose.

So A lot of brady to gronk in September I suppose.

Seems likely it would have been that regardless what happens with Michel.

Gronk, Hogan, Dorsett, White/Burkhead, Patterson (among those who've been practicing straight through so far).

I forget the rules. If for some reason he can't be there to open the reason do we need to carry him on the 53?

IDK what designation they can give him if any sense he was at practice. The could IR with designation to return but it doesn't seem like it will be that long.

Is anything "minor" w his knees though?

I'm with you on this one. I hope they take it easy on his work load early. I would put him on a touch count for the regular season no matter what. The Patriots don't need him to get the #1 spot in the AFC playoffs most likely. The most important thing is to make sure he's healthy and ready to go for our playoff run.

Not to mention rookie RBs tend to fall off at the end of the year ala Hunt last year even if they were really good. Best to play it safe early.

So he had fluid drained from his knee ...
They will waste a few weeks then we'll hear he's getting surgery to have his knee cleaned up.
I hope they take the cautious route ... he's had ACL and knee strain ... something else going on in there.

Sony Michel injury history and analysis
Amazing how they arrive at a prediction of him missing 3.4 games this season with a 67-percent chance of being injured. o_O

There's only one question to ask when you have a one-legged running back. What is Sony Michel's favorite restaurant?

IHOP.

Yup and hes getting syrup removed from his knees

Not good when you already need to have your knee drained as a rookie.

An underrated factor here is Jeremy Hill’s performance. Mike G’s as well.

If one of them has a strong preseason, it may lead us to be a bit more cautious in terms of having Michel return to the field.

I forget the rules. If for some reason he can't be there to open the reason do we need to carry him on the 53?

IDK what designation they can give him if any sense he was at practice. The could IR with designation to return but it doesn't seem like it will be that long.

He has to go on 53 first. He will be on 53 if nothing season ending. Else too soon to speculate.

Luckily for him its the most plug&play position, even on Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes