PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Sony Michel to miss some time after minor knee procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid has had a history with injuries going back to high school. You take a gamble but boy this sucks right now ughhhh.

I get that. Great fit but the injury history in the 1st is understandable. I don't hate the pick at all. I had a 2nd rd grade but have a thing about drafting RB/WR that early.

Early in the first round you never make sure he’s healthy 100 percent. He was but he has had nagging injuries.

I was hoping this was a 1st round pick that could contribute from week 1 on, pretty rare for a Patriot rookie. Damn.

Now recovery + losing all camp = red shirt year. Onto 2019.

I get that. Great fit but the injury history in the 1st is understandable. I don't hate the pick at all. I had a 2nd rd grade but have a thing about drafting RB/WR that early.

If the knees hold up through the contract i love the pick. Talent is definitely there and I also had no problems going there at 31. We will have to revisit this in a few years to see if we made a good pick.

I was hoping this was a 1st round pick that could contribute from week 1 on, pretty rare for a Patriot rookie. Damn.

Now recovery + losing all camp = red shirt year. Onto 2019.

Way to early to tell with that take. It’s a long season.

If the knees hold up through the contract i love the pick. Talent is definitely there and I also had no problems going there at 31. We will have to revisit this in a few years to see if we made a good pick.
Its a gamble though. You're never gone know how someone's body will hold up, esp w the injury history.

You have to live w it I guess.

Good news if you are Jeremy Hill or Mike Gillislee, I suppose.

I really thought Gilly was a breakaway speed back but last year he ran like a lumberer. :confused: Maybe he will surprise me this Preseason with the Speed I thought he had in Buffalo.

Sure there are.
Injury history w the reports we've heard mean anything involving his knees are serious business.

It's Aug & it's already an issue.

Plus the extra body we'll have to carry if it lingers into the season.

Do you think he will end up getting the majority of the goal line work this year?

Not sure why him and not Burkhead. They're pretty much the same size ... 5015 v. 5012, both about 215 ... and both can run and catch. Hill, at 6010/233, seems the more likely "power back", size-wise, for goal line/short yardage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes