PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: MORE AWARDS! OT: The First Annual PatsFans.com Awards Nomination Thread 2021

A Defiant Goose

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Confetti Background GIF by Justin

Welcome to the first annual PatsFans.com Awards Ceremony Thread!

PatsFans.com has become a part of my everyday life. I mean literally every day of my life I check this site like it's Facebook. I provide actually 0 value to the site other than snide comments and perpetual sarcasm, but YOU fabulous people make some great content. So this thread is an appreciation for all those who make this website worth visiting every day. You can tell how much I love this forum by how much money I've donated towards it. :)

If @Ian is up for it, it'd be cool for everyone to get their own award flair under their name. Kinda like the PatsFans.com supporter, or Pick Em winner labels folks get.

Here's how this will go:

If you are interested, provide me with no less than 3 names for each category via private message. These nominations will take place up through 12/24/2021. Once I get the list of names, I will take the top 3 mentioned names and those will be the nominees for that category. Once the nominees are set, we'll commence the voting period (either by public vote per award, or privately, depending on what the mods would prefer; I don't want to have too many OT threads clogging up the main forum but the discussion during voting could be pretty fun). The hope is that the award recipients will be named by wildcard weekend.

Without further ado, the awards are as follows:

1. The Mac Jones Most Valuable Poster Award
Named after the should-be MVP of the 2021 season, this one goes without saying. This poster adds the most value to the forum. I don't want to set too many parameters on this, because ultimately what makes this place valuable to everyone is different.

2. The Bill Belichick Smartest Poster Award
This poster is someone who constistently posts informative content, whether it be about the draft, play analysis, or NFL or team history. It could even be about non-football topics. You know when this person speaks, they're not blowing smoke up your ass and they have done sufficient research into the topic at hand. At the least, if this person doesn't know enough about a topic, they will tell you up front and not try to lie about it or misrepresent an argument.

3. The Matt Judon Class Clown Award
The funniest poster. Obviously.

4. The Lawrence Guy Nicest Guy (or Girl) Award
This award goes to the nicest poster on the board. You never hear them call someone names, they're always helpful, they're kind. Someone you would want your daughter (or son) to marry.

5. The Ernie Adams Craziest Poster Award
This is the craziest poster on the board. You have no idea what they're rambling on about half the time, but between the obvious signs of psychosis they still make you laugh or bring a bit of je ne sais quoi to the forum.

6. The Matthew Slater Leadership Award
This poster never gets too down on the team when they're bad and never gets too high on the team when they're good. They lead by example, and are glue that keeps this community together.

7. The Christian Barmore Rookie of the Year Award
This goes to the best poster of the year whose join date was any time in 2021, with a minimum of 50 posts.

8. The Rodney Harrison Fiery Debater Award
This award is for the most argumentative, hardest poster to debate on the forum. It does not necessarily mean that this person is a jerk, but when you start a debate with him or her, you better be ready to strap in because you're in for a marathon of a fight, and you better be ready to be the first to surrender.

9. The Game Ball Award
Awarded to the best poster of the weekly gameday threads. This is purely up to voters' opinion of what best is: do you enjoy exaggerated negativity like saying "Welp here comes an 0-17 season" when the Pats go three-and-out in their first series of the season opener? Nominate that poster. Do you like the poster who never says die, even when the Patriots are down 28-3 in the final minutes of the third quarter? Nominate that one. Do you think a certain moderator who yeets trolls into the wood chipper weekly from the GDT deserves this? Nominate them!

10. The Cam Newton Best Thread Award
Named after the player in New England who had the best threads (clothes), this thread can be anything from a gameday thread, a content thread, a poll, a crow-eating thread, anything. The only requirement is that the thread needs to have been created in 2021.

11(but probably not really). The Eric Mangini Most Likely to Report you to the Mods Award
This goes to the biggest snitch on the forum and is a bit of an anti-award. You don't want it.

Last edited:
MVP
Ian (gotta get my brown nose pts)

Smart Poster
Patfanken
Bacongrundle

Funny Poster
Fnordicle
Patsjew
Joker

Nice Poster
Sammybluecat

Crazy Poster
Captain Stone

Leader Poster
RobertWeathers
Ross12

Snitches Get Stitches
TBD

Sexiest Poster
JarOfMayo51

Doing this on my phone, I will have to update more later when I get home

This is either the greatest thread idea ever or could go horrible off the rails quickly. I doubt it will be anywhere in between.

Please send it to me by PM.

Actually in honesty it doesn't really matter lmao I just figured it'd keep people from "bandwagon voting" but who cares.

MVP
Ian (gotta get my brown nose pts)

Smart Poster
Patfanken
Bacongrundle

Funny Poster
Fnordicle
Patsjew
Joker

Nice Poster
Sammybluecat

Crazy Poster
Captain Stone

Leader Poster
RobertWeathers
Ross12

Snitches Get Stitches
TBD

Sexiest Poster
JarOfMayo51

Thanks, man.

Why Not Us?!?!?!?

A lot more difficult than I would have thought in some instances.

This is either the greatest thread idea ever or could go horrible off the rails quickly. I doubt it will be anywhere in between.

Look above... it's already teetering.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back