PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: MORE AWARDS! OT: The First Annual PatsFans.com Awards Nomination Thread 2021

you'd be a good one for biggest organizational schill
here we go batman GIF

1. Most Valuable Poster Award
RobertWeathers

2. Smartest Poster Award
BaconGrundleCandy

3. Class Clown Award
fnordcircle... I initially read it first without the first two letters... but this works too. :p (jk) A lot of competition for this: Tony2046, Kontra, Wax Frog... EDIT: Crap... I forgot Joker... Joker's posts are hilarious... particularly since I don't get the sense he's trying to BE funny... it's just... you know, he's JOKER. You rock, buddy! :)

4. Nicest Guy (or Girl) Award
Ross12 and ashley1992. Ross is just a solid decent dude, and, while I've got one awesome daughter-in-law already, Ash would be da bomb. :) (ash... our youngest son? Great guy? Software engineer? Owns a house here in Florida? Did I mention he's a great guy? Just sayin... LOL)

5. Craziest Poster Award
He's not crazy, but I'll say captain stone. Disagree with him on almost everything, but his knack, his je ne sais quoi for nicknames always cracks me up.

6. The Matthew Slater Leadership Award
Ian. No contest. :)

7. Most Likely to Report you to the Mods Award
I didn't post this here... instead, I reported him directly to the mods. Ha!

Great thread!!!

5xag6v.gif

Last edited:
If we're doing the snitch award, let's do some other bad ones too.

Ironic username as not actually funny at all, really ever: Joker
Sexual orientation confusion (We're here for ya buddy): RobertWeathers
AndyJohnson award for terrible takes going 1 against 10 constantly: ring6
Fake expert construction-worker thin-skinned, teenage drama queen who is routinely wrong on player takes and then does a 180 hoping nobody remembers: BaconCandleGrundy

Last edited:
  1. Ian
  2. PatFanKen
  3. PatJew or Joker
  4. Everyone (trying to kiss up to get the award myself), but really Ashley1992
  5. DropKickFlutie (sorry I just think the anti-McDaniels stuff gets a little crazy at times. Not trying to throw shade)
  6. Ross12
  7. I'm not telling that would be snitching

By the way one should add 'Content Post' to this one, awesome thread.

Fake expert construction-worker thin-skinned, teenage drama queen who is routinely wrong on player takes and then does a 180 hoping nobody remembers: BaconCandleGrundy

Thanks for adding the AndyJohnson award. Knowing my "fans" out there, I am a shoe in for it.

giphy.gif

Can we also do the "Guy who hates JMD more than anyone award"?

Ok let’s call it the In Denial Award

Or the Channeling Their Inner NEM Award

It's the most wonderful time of the year

#5 Would be most hotly contested.

1. The Mac Jones Most Valuable Poster Award
Named after the should-be MVP of the 2021 season, this one goes without saying. This poster adds the most value to the forum. I don't want to set too many parameters on this, because ultimately what makes this place valuable to everyone is different.

2. The Bill Belichick Smartest Poster Award
This poster is someone who constistently posts informative content, whether it be about the draft, play analysis, or NFL or team history. It could even be about non-football topics. You know when this person speaks, they're not blowing smoke up your ass and they have done sufficient research into the topic at hand. At the least, if this person doesn't know enough about a topic, they will tell you up front and not try to lie about it or misrepresent an argument.

3. The Matt Judon Class Clown Award
The funniest poster. Obviously.

4. The Lawrence Guy Nicest Guy (or Girl) Award
This award goes to the nicest poster on the board. You never hear them call someone names, they're always helpful, they're kind. Someone you would want your daughter (or son) to marry.

5. The Ernie Adams Craziest Poster Award
This is the craziest poster on the board. You have no idea what they're rambling on about half the time, but between the obvious signs of psychosis they still make you laugh or bring a bit of je ne sais quoi to the forum.

6. The Matthew Slater Leadership Award
This poster never gets too down on the team when they're bad and never gets too high on the team when they're good. They lead by example, and are glue that keeps this community together.

7. The Eric Mangini Most Likely to Report you to the Mods Award
This goes to the biggest snitch on the forum and is a bit of an anti-award. You don't want it.
How about a few more categories?

Best "Family" Feud (must be football related not personal): The thread that went like 4000 posts long just going back and forth on a particular topic without resolution. Odds of being TB vs BB related astronomically high.

The "Can you hear me now" Most Threads Started Award (I was just gonna call it the SB1 and be done with it)

The Game Day Thread "We hardly knew ya" Earliest Exit Award: The poster that comes in, sees one negative play, declares the season over, and leaves...almost every week.

The "Sunshine and Rain" Award: The two posters who always disagree to the positive and negative, but never resort to name calling, arguing, or putting each other on the Ignored list.

The "What the ^%$# do I care about football, I'm here for the arguments" Award: The poster that almost never actually talks about the game, the team, or anything all that football related.

The Jake Beckett Memorial "Most Ignored but still hanging around" Poster: Nuff said.

I'm sure there are other categories too, not every award has to be the "Best Actor"...there should always be some "Best Sound Design" to make even the lurkers interested.

Then there should be the “NEM”

no explanation required.

I don't even mind it. I mean we harp on totally different offensive gripes. And also for those who were even around then, he was actually extremely prescient about the new offense built on in-cuts and slants, the option-route offense that Welker and Edelman ran for 10 yrs. I also lay off when the team is winning, especially now playing power run football which is exactly what I like to see.

I just want BB to get another ring

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News