PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: MORE AWARDS! OT: The First Annual PatsFans.com Awards Nomination Thread 2021

I wish he'd come around more. I had forgotten what his new handle is here.

He was so funny on CF. He got thrown in the Romper Room not because of combative, offensive posting but for posting **** the mods had no idea what to do with.
This is a ChiefsPlanet topic that absolutely needs a mosslost poll. The "or no?" would be the money shot.

I've thought about something similar but the point that remains is there are too many people who fall into a few of these categories that it would be tough to leave people out. Definitely lucky to have so many terrific people in here. That's what's honestly made this place so great over the years, and conversations like these are a lot of fun for that reason because it's so hard to choose based on who we're comparing them to.

But yeah...I look at some of these categories and it would be tough to single people out in some cases given how many are deserving. I don't know how we'd narrow it down :cool:

Last edited:
LOL, just went through the list and yeah...would definitely be tough to just put one name in some of those. Which obviously says a lot about the people in here ;)

Confetti Background GIF by Justin

Welcome to the first annual PatsFans.com Awards Ceremony Thread!

PatsFans.com has become a part of my everyday life. I mean literally every day of my life I check this site like it's Facebook. I provide actually 0 value to the site other than snide comments and perpetual sarcasm, but YOU fabulous people make some great content. So this thread is an appreciation for all those who make this website worth visiting every day. You can tell how much I love this forum by how much money I've donated towards it. :)

If @Ian is up for it, it'd be cool for everyone to get their own award flair under their name. Kinda like the PatsFans.com supporter, or Pick Em winner labels folks get.

Here's how this will go:

If you are interested, provide me with no less than 3 names for each category via private message. These nominations will take place up through 12/24/2021. Once I get the list of names, I will take the top 3 mentioned names and those will be the nominees for that category. Once the nominees are set, we'll commence the voting period (either by public vote per award, or privately, depending on what the mods would prefer; I don't want to have too many OT threads clogging up the main forum but the discussion during voting could be pretty fun). The hope is that the award recipients will be named by wildcard weekend.

Without further ado, the awards are as follows:

1. The Mac Jones Most Valuable Poster Award
Named after the should-be MVP of the 2021 season, this one goes without saying. This poster adds the most value to the forum. I don't want to set too many parameters on this, because ultimately what makes this place valuable to everyone is different.

2. The Bill Belichick Smartest Poster Award
This poster is someone who constistently posts informative content, whether it be about the draft, play analysis, or NFL or team history. It could even be about non-football topics. You know when this person speaks, they're not blowing smoke up your ass and they have done sufficient research into the topic at hand. At the least, if this person doesn't know enough about a topic, they will tell you up front and not try to lie about it or misrepresent an argument.

3. The Matt Judon Class Clown Award
The funniest poster. Obviously.

4. The Lawrence Guy Nicest Guy (or Girl) Award
This award goes to the nicest poster on the board. You never hear them call someone names, they're always helpful, they're kind. Someone you would want your daughter (or son) to marry.

5. The Ernie Adams Craziest Poster Award
This is the craziest poster on the board. You have no idea what they're rambling on about half the time, but between the obvious signs of psychosis they still make you laugh or bring a bit of je ne sais quoi to the forum.

6. The Matthew Slater Leadership Award
This poster never gets too down on the team when they're bad and never gets too high on the team when they're good. They lead by example, and are glue that keeps this community together.

7. The Eric Mangini Most Likely to Report you to the Mods Award
This goes to the biggest snitch on the forum and is a bit of an anti-award. You don't want it.

@A Defiant Goose - For the sake of not flooding your PMs with this, I'd be happy to set up a page for people to vote/make nominations, etc. if that would be helpful. I still think it's a cool idea and would be a fun thing, so I'm down if you want me to put it together. Shouldn't take that long, but let me know.

@A Defiant Goose - For the sake of not flooding your PMs with this, I'd be happy to set up a page for people to vote/make nominations, etc. if that would be helpful. I still think it's a cool idea and would be a fun thing, so I'm down if you want me to put it together. Shouldn't take that long, but let me know.
Dude yea, if we could get something more "professional" so to speak and put the bells and whistles on this it'd be great. Let me know what you need from me, if anything. Don't want to just create a project for you with no help out of nowhere especially during a busy season

Delete...

Last edited:
Dude yea, if we could get something more "professional" so to speak and put the bells and whistles on this it'd be great. Let me know what you need from me, if anything. Don't want to just create a project for you with no help out of nowhere especially during a busy season
LOL, I would say for people to just keep making suggestions for categories and have you guys track them. Once we narrow that down, I'll put something together maybe tomorrow. I've got a couple of things I've done that I think I can build this off of, so I don't think it will be too tough. And again, I think this will be more for fun than anything else since it's obviously tough to not include everyone, but I think it's still also a cool way to recognize some people at the same time.

I would also possibly suggest something like an "The Bolden Award - Posters who make daily contributions but don't always get noticed (this season notwithstanding)" - something to that effect. Or another player who falls into that category that my brain is blanking on.

We have a lot of terrific people who fall into that category, so that would be my suggestion since I think it would be good to recognize some of those people also. And obviously, it's cool for anyone else to make suggestions for other categories as well :)

Last edited:
LOL, I would say for people to just keep making suggestions for categories and have you guys track them. Once we narrow that down, I'll put something together maybe tomorrow. I've got a couple of things I've done that I think I can build this off of, so I don't think it will be too tough. And again, I think this will be more for fun than anything else since it's obviously tough to not include everyone, but I think it's still also a cool way to recognize some people at the same time.

I would also possibly suggest something like an "The Bolden Award - Posters who make daily contributions but don't always get noticed (this season notwithstanding)" - something to that effect. Or another player who falls into that category that my brain is blanking on.

We have a lot of terrific people who fall into that category, so that would be my suggestion since I think it would be good to recognize some of those people also. And obviously, it's cool for anyone else to make suggestions for other categories as well :)
I wanted to add a rookie of the year award, but wasn't sure how to really figure out who all has joined within the last year or make some minimum posts requirement. I'll dig around through the ideas everyone has posted here (serious and not serious) and try and come up with a couple more genuine ones. The Eric Mangini award stays though. Non negotiable. ;)

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian

The Develin/Johnson Award.

The RLKAG Award for posters that disappeared suddenly and were never heard from again

But let's all agree that the winner of that award was a great teammate.
The one I would've nominated was... a tool. Always trying to hammer home his troll points. Certainly not a great teammate.

Deus would run away with that one
I would have to disagree with that one. I know that's come up recently but it's OK to root for the home team and still keep an eye on/wish the guy who was here for 20-years and brought a lot of success here well unless we're facing him. ;)

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back