PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: McDaniels to Colts is now NOT going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last time we lost both offensive and defensive coordinators at the same time, it took us 10 years to win another super bowl. :( The importance of Josh and Matt cannot be understated.
Fair point, but BB has had more time in the Patriots system to prepare for this type of event. BB doesn't typically suffer from the same problem/mistake and knew there was a chance this could happen (probably more for McD than Patricia, but still not unexpected).

If Judge leaves I'd put my money on one of Brian or Stephen becoming STs coach.

Gross. I really like McDaniels, and would love to see him succeed, but going to the Colts? Good for you and your family. Collect your money, but may you never impact a Patriots game, their playoff seeding, or acquisition of players. And above all else, never give Irsay a reason to smile. Ever! Now go out there and put together and execute the best damn offensive game plan in Super bowl history next week. Raise that Lombardi one last time, and get the hell outta here!

Think of it as the ultimate eggs in the Colts face. For years they've cried foul, accusing us of cheating, of this or that, and then, of course, deflategate.

Then they turn around and hire one of ours?

That's the ultimate pathetic.

Gross. I really like McDaniels, and would love to see him succeed, but going to the Colts? Good for you and your family. Collect your money, but may you never impact a Patriots game, their playoff seeding, or acquisition of players. And above all else, never give Irsay a reason to smile. Ever! Now go out there and put together and execute the best damn offensive game plan in Super bowl history next week. Raise that Lombardi one last time, and get the hell outta here!
The rivalry with the Colts died when Peyton Manning went to Denver for me. I wish him well, and have no particular feelings towards the Colts anymore.

So AFC south will have 2 former Pats coaches and 1 former player coaching in the same division?

Interesting.
They're finally doing what they should have done after the first dynasty.

"If you can't beat them, learn to imitate them."

I don't like the Colts, their fans, or the Indy Star columnists.
I also don't like the legacy of Manning or Polian.
For those reasons I just can't find myself liking or supporting them.
I think Andrew Luck is a good, smart young man and unfortunately cheer against him because his fortunes reflex the Colts fortunes.

The same goes for the Ravens. Because of Ray Lewis, Sizzle, whiny Coach Harbaugh, and Bart Scott...I wish poorly upon them, also.

Fair point, but BB has had more time in the Patriots system to prepare for this type of event. BB doesn't typically suffer from the same problem/mistake and knew there was a chance this could happen (probably more for McD than Patricia, but still not unexpected).

bill has been planning for this for at least 3 years. he must have someone groomed.

and to be fair, while it was 10 years without a superbowl, we did make two super-bowls with different coordinators

2007 - josh micdaniels/dean pees

2011 - bill- Obrien

How much of a factor was playing at least 9 games indoors was it for a great offensive mind like McDaniels, he might become the first HC to average 40 points a game.

I'm hoping he has an understanding with Colts GM Chris Ballard to trade Luck and take your chances with Jacoby and develop a drafted QB.

Why would the Colts hire someone that could have been involved with a few tics of air missing from the footballs? After all, wasn't that what cost them the AFCCG a few years ago? :rolleyes:

2010 November 21 New England Patriots 31–28 Indianapolis Colts
2011 December 4 New England Patriots 31–24 Indianapolis Colts
2012 November 18 New England Patriots 59–24 Indianapolis Colts
2014 January 11 New England Patriots 43–22 Indianapolis Colts
2014 November 16 New England Patriots 42–20 Indianapolis Colts
2015 January 18 New England Patriots 45–7 Indianapolis Colts
2015 October 18 New England Patriots 34–27 Indianapolis Colts

Wonder why judge is not renewing his contract? Special teams is playing pretty well.
We don’t know that he isn’t.

How much of a factor was playing at least 9 games indoors was it for a great offensive mind like McDaniels, he might become the first HC to average 40 points a game.

I'm hoping he has an understanding with Colts GM Chris Ballard to trade Luck and take your chances with Jacoby and develop a drafted QB.
After all the **** he took for getting rid of that bum Cutler, McDaniels would have to have balls of steel to go into Indy and push a Luck trade from the get-go. I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but the optics would be pretty rough to handle in your first year. But, if there is still uncertainty with Lucks shoulder, and you’ve got a guy in the draft that you are in love with, you make that pick. Sit Luck till he heals up and then trade ‘em. Before drafting any qb though, you might want to get that oline fixed.

I am hoping the first thing he does is start Brissett over a wanting to return Luck. And they have success but not enough success. If they suck I won't mind though.

I’m happy for Josh, he is going to get paid, but at the same time I don’t see Indy amount to anything under him, I just don’t see him being a good headcoach. On the other hand I can see Patricia being a great coach because the relationship he has with the players.

With that said, I hope we regain stability once those two depart NE.

I am hoping the first thing he does is start Brissett over a wanting to return Luck. And they have success but not enough success. If they suck I won't mind though.

LOL, Brissett blows compared to Luck.

I can't believe people here actually think it's possible that a smart guy like Josh McDaniels would start Brissett over Luck, he was likely involved in telling Bill how he wasn't good enough to be a starter before he was traded.

Andrew Luck is probably why he took the job in the first place, the roster lacks talent and the owner is crazy you think he took the job to build his franchise around Jacoby Brissett?

regain stability
"regain"? We will (hopefully) be three out last four SB champs.. best team and HC, promote from within.. and the AFC is a steaming pile.

I don't like losing both coordinators, but I see Pats right back in the Bowl again and again.

I’m happy for Josh, he is going to get paid, but at the same time I don’t see Indy amount to anything under him, I just don’t see him being a good headcoach. On the other hand I can see Patricia being a great coach because the relationship he has with the players.

With that said, I hope we regain stability once those two depart NE.
If Luck’s health rebounds, Indy is as good of a situation as McDaniels could find himself in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes