PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman to return for a playoff run?

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently there are rumors that Edelman is considering a return to make a playoff run. I can’t find anything on it, but they are going to about it on WEEI at 8. And Deion Branch discussed his potential return yesterday.

Sign him up, but the article is just Branch guessing about a possible return.

Knowing Jules, he's probably still like, 'Nah, I'm good.' But I do know deep down inside, this guy is a competitor, and he'd love to be out there making plays and helping these guys.

Last edited:
If Edelman actual does return (although I ain’t holding my breath), he addresses the biggest need on the offense. A quick slot receiver who can run rub routes and effective slants.

Last edited:
Not expecting this to happen, but if it did, I wouldn't be mad. He wouldn't be a starter for us though, more like a #4 who can make clutch catches the way Amendola did. His play had already fallen off before he retired.

Then again, Gronk's play also fell off before he retired.

As much as I'd love to have him back I hope he doesn't do this at the risk of his long term health. The last updates on his knee were that there was no cartilage left and he had bone on bone pain. I don't want to see the guy go through knee replacements and not be able to have an active lifestyle as he gets older.

As much as I'd love to have him back I hope he doesn't do this at the risk of his long term health. The last updates on his knee were that there was no cartilage left and he had bone on bone pain. I don't want to see the guy go through knee replacements and not be able to have an active lifestyle as he gets older.
^retweet

OMG we need more WRs!

{/sarcasm}

He ain't coming back.

From Oct 6

“I mean, I could go out and catch 45, 50 balls,” Edelman said. “But like, what am I hanging on for?”

“I’m cool. I’m not trying to hang on. I don’t need the money,” Edelman added. “I don’t want to look like one of those old guys out there, which I started looking like that last year, because my body was breaking down. I have too much respect for the sport as an art.”

Knee replacements don‘t mean you aren’t able to have an active lifestyle later. I’m four months post op rehabbing my second knee replacement. It’s still a pain, but I’m twice Squirrel’s age, and I’m still planning on an active lifestyle if/when I get old.

I hope it doesn’t happen. His knee combined with the fact that Mac doesn’t have a developed rapport with him combined with the net negative effect it would ultimately have on the passing game. Just stay retired, Jules.

My first thought on reading this thread was "what media a-hole cooked this one up?".

Poor Deion, he should have known dozens of media a-holes would have run with such a statement, and it would get instantly shot down by Julian himself.

Didn't we do this with Wes Welker too? He was off coaching in college somewhere, someone said bring him back, he said naw I'm good.

Media manufactured manure, IMO.

11 back...what a wild game would be...

I go for it !

Apparently there are rumors that Edelman is considering a return to make a playoff run. I can’t find anything on it, but they are going to about it on WEEI at 8. And Deion Branch discussed his potential return yesterday.

C'mon. You've been around far too long to turn mumblings of a former player and (worst of all) WEEI topical ramblings into a post here.

Edelman’s knee injury is basically Pedroia’s situation where every attempt to push through and come back is gonna make it worse. It’s not worth it.

xptZO_RL13jmUQmQiyLuJQAxcJFGupuWJvu8t2MNZkr9MECNPdWxaOsGpFApl0FPycmB3Kzrr8FATB4R2EdXsx42jn-cGG_fb3zTXcg2Of37aKzeGL9LM-xr

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back