PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman to return for a playoff run?

Having the itch
and
Not having enough knee cartilage

seem to point in opposite directions.

That would make for a good Disney movie ending haha. Most likely will not return, as I believe the injury is why Jules retired.

Last edited:
Knee replacements don‘t mean you aren’t able to have an active lifestyle later. I’m four months post op rehabbing my second knee replacement. It’s still a pain, but I’m twice Squirrel’s age, and I’m still planning on an active lifestyle if/when I get old.

Glad to hear it's going well for you. I probably shouldn't have made a blanket statement.

No he's done.

And even if he wanted to return I think Brady would convince him to go somewhere else.

He wouldn't go to the Bucs unless Brown is done for the season. Why would Edelman come out retirement to spend most of the time on the bench?

I think Edelman was honest when he said he only wants to play for the Patriots. I don't know if he would want to hurt his post football career by making that proclamation and then look like a liar. He isn't like Gronk who claimed he only wants to play for Brady.

But I do tend to think it is unlikely he is coming back.

First of all Edelman can’t go to the Bucs because the Patriots still have his rights. And second he’s cooked. His body was doing stuff you wouldn’t think human bodies were capable of for years and it caught up to him.

No he's done.

And even if he wanted to return I think Brady would convince him to go somewhere else.
I know that's what a lot of posters on here would want, but in seeing his posts and how supportive he has been to BB, RK and the Pats, if he did ever come back, I think he'd only play for us.

Apparently there are rumors that Edelman is considering a return to make a playoff run. I can’t find anything on it, but they are going to about it on WEEI at 8. And Deion Branch discussed his potential return yesterday.

no. he wont.

Apparently there are rumors that Edelman is considering a return to make a playoff run. I can’t find anything on it, but they are going to about it on WEEI at 8. And Deion Branch discussed his potential return yesterday.

I had to reread your last sentence, at first i thought Deion Branch was also getting an itch to come back and play lol :excited:

grandpa-working-out-south-park.gif

Last edited:
First of all Edelman can’t go to the Bucs because the Patriots still have his rights. And second he’s cooked. His body was doing stuff you wouldn’t think human bodies were capable of for years and it caught up to him.

Actually the Patriots cut him. He would be a free agent if he came back.

I know that's what a lot of posters on here would want, but in seeing his posts and how supportive he has been to BB, RK and the Pats, if he did ever come back, I think he'd only play for us.
Maybe. The temptation to "get the band back together" would be tough to overcome I'm sure...

I would be very surprised if he could return and be productive. He was beyond cooked after the Seahawks game. By the time we put him on IR, he wasn't even a loss.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back