PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Suspension Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the CBA Goodell has no authority in this matter. The arbitrator is supposed to be neutral and comes from a list mutually approved approved by the league and the NFLPA.

The NFL is playing with home field advantage though because they get to set the initial penalty, and the arbitrator can adjust it from there. So the arbitrator would have to find something truly egregious to vacate the suspension entirely, which is usually why most of these result in no change or maybe a single game reduction.

The penalties are included in the agreement. Two games for a masking agent, 4 games for a Banned Substance, 6 games for a Banned Substance & a masking agent, that's for the first offense it increases after that.

The penalties are included in the agreement. Two games for a masking agent, 4 games for a Banned Substance, 6 games for a Banned Substance & a masking agent, that's for the first offense it increases after that.

Right, but that's all stuff that the NFL demanded in negotiations. Basically the player is always at a disadvantage in these appeals, but that's pretty standard in labor practice. Labor law and collective bargaining agreements may help workers relatively but they always advantage bosses.

Who is Brendan Murray? Big Jim's illegitimate son?

The key part being responsible for whatever THEY put in their body. So if Forehead Omaha's wife injected him or dropped pills into his mouth, he wasn't responsible?

This is kind of starting to piss me off, now.

The debate on ESPN, the comments from Polian, the rumors of mishandling and inability to even ID the substance. I went from being disappointed to annoyed to moderately mad.

The debate on ESPN, the comments from Polian, the rumors of mishandling and inability to even ID the substance. I went from being disappointed to annoyed to moderately mad.

You need a higher quality circle of non electronic friends so an intervention can take place. Real friends don't let friends watch bspn.

58327822.jpg

You need a higher quality circle of non electronic friends so an intervention can take place. Real friends don't let friends watch bspn.

58327822.jpg
Stop watching ESPN.
I actually don’t even watch it, but hearing and reading about it on here is starting to bug me, that’s all.

LOL.

I think Sharks of Vegas forgot to switch accounts before tweeting.

We see this sort of thing all the time in all sorts of media about all sorts of topics. People want to act like they have inside knowledge of something so they make predictions which are nothing more than reasonable theories of something which might happen, but not based on any inside info or anything like that.

We see this sort of thing all the time in all sorts of media about all sorts of topics. People want to act like they have inside knowledge of something so they make predictions which are nothing more than reasonable theories of something which might happen, but not based on any inside info or anything like that.
The spring of 2015 has turned us all into pessimists.

Don't let reason or self-control get in your way. We need you on that wall.

The NFL just released video of their top scientific team working around the clock to identify the substance found in Edelman's urine:

I'll be shocked if the NFL drops the case. They won't admit there is a flaw in their system. I'm not one to believe they are out to get the Patriots.
The NFL union should have negotiated that tests be analysed with the player or his representative present never leaving sight of the sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents