PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman still not certain to be ready for 2021

From whom? Most knew JE was on borrowed time.

Not sure who it was (it doesn't matter), but I think I received some backlash here a year ago for suggesting Edelman might not give us much in 2020.

I don't know if "Edelman will be good forever" was the majority opinion at the time, but it was certainly widely held, especially compared to now when we've all become disillusioned.

Hard to blame people for believing in him.

If they cut him he’s only $2.6M in dead cap I believe, no one is trading for him. Thanks for all you’ve done for us Jules, one of the Pats’ most beloved players in franchise history.

Wes was done at 34.

So Edelman is about at that point.

I wouldn't mind keeping him on a snap count type role. He would be a good mentor to younger guys. But then again we could just hire him as a coach like Welker is for San Fran

The only way I see Edelman continuing would be in a specialty role, here or elsewhere. Third down WR with Meyers or a guy like Humphries - something like that.

I would hate to see him getting 12-15 targets a game and blocking like a madman on the other 40-50 snaps. Hate it only because I really don't think he'd survive it for more than a few games. As someone with bone-on-bone knee issues for 30 years, I can attest that it only gets worse.

Tampa didn't expose Gronk much on those seam routes until the end of the year, at least from what I saw.

So Edelman is about at that point.

I wouldn't mind keeping him on a snap count type role. He would be a good mentor to younger guys. But then again we could just hire him as a coach like Welker is for San Fran
Who knows if he can even handle that.

If they tag him, how do they pay Barrett and LaVonte David?
They pay them. Idk how they'll do it but they seem determined to keep the team, especially the D together.

There's an article out there on how they can do it. Thought someone posted it here.

The Squirrel is Roadkill. Thanks for the memories.
Reminds me of a visit to daughter's college in upstate NY. Stayed at a B&B where hosts were quite snooty and self-congratulatory about their cuisine. Leaving getting into my car I noticed a dead squirrel in the road. Pointing to it I said to our hosts, "Tomorrow's breakfast?"
Had I ever made the mistake of staying there again, that's probably what they'd have fed me.
Yet another place I'll never be invited back to.

I expect Arians, who is old, will take this approach and try to get another ring or two.
Fortunately for Bucs, BA isn't the GM like Bill is here. Licht has been doing pretty good the last few years so he'll get it done.

I always wondered about the conflict of being team HC and GM at same time when dealing with the players. Apparently it's a thing.

Might have seen the last of JE11 unfortunately.

I thought that Jules was done at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately, I may have been right. You don't play with his kind of reckless style and come through unscathed. He had a great run.

Love everything he’s done for this organization. Would probably be in our best interest to move on.

Love everything he’s done for this organization. Would probably be in our best interest to move on.

Might be in his best interest too. He knows how he feels better than any of us obviously, but he's got that kind of insanity where I worry he'll just keep going until he physically can't jog onto the field anymore. He's got a funny personality, I'd hate for him to have a Seau-like transformation because he tried to squeeze a few more games out of his career.

I thought that Jules was done at the beginning of last year. Unfortunately, I may have been right. You don't play with his kind of reckless style and come through unscathed. He had a great run.

Welker retired at 34. So Edelman made it about the same amount of years.

If you look at this stuff though, the Bucs would have to mortgage the future to win now. They might do it, but I am not sure they will.
They may only care about the immediate future, GOAT's last few years.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back