PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman still not certain to be ready for 2021

They have a plan. Keep extending Brady until his oldest son can take over at QB.

Then they might want to save some cap dollars for massive amounts of avocado ice cream at the team cafeteria.

Nah! I don't think the Pats ever did it. That is part of the reason Brady was frustrated. He felt they never were all in to get him weapons. At least not except rare exceptions in 2007 as an example.

And even 2007 wasn't really an "all-in" situation, at least as far as weapons were concerned. They traded a 4th round pick for an underperforming (in Oakland at least) Randy Moss and a 2nd for a relatively unknown slot receiver in Wes Welker. They signed Stallworth to a front loaded contract that they had easy outs for after one year, so that's kind of going all in, but the future commitment wasn't much, so it didn't hurt things down the road. Their 4th WR was Gaffney, who was the lone major holdover from 2006.

Their biggest signing was Adalius Thomas (who was actually pretty good that one year).

Honestly, I would strangely consider 2019 to be more of an all in scenario (at the beginning). They kept Gordon, signed Brown, had used 3 first round picks in the last two drafts on offense (Wynn, Michel, Harry), and traded for Sanu mid season. The results in the end were NOT good on any of them (maybe Wynn going forward and Michel for 2018, but neither did much in 2019), but the resources dedicated to the offense around Brady were greater in the years leading up to 2019 than they were in 2007, IMO. Difference was, every flyer they took on a guy in 2007 worked, where every one they took in 2019 didn't.

You talking about Thuney?
I'm talking about anyone in Thuney's situation. Thuney, Godwin, ect.... I would just hate to see a guy in that spot get tagged only to have a career ending injury after working so hard all their life and having to go through such a long period of time without getting a big contract.

I'm talking about anyone in Thuney's situation. Thuney, Godwin, ect.... I would just hate to see a guy in that spot get tagged only to have a career ending injury after working so hard all their life and having to go through such a long period of time without getting a big contract.
I hate to see what you say if Thuney gets tagged again. Lol

Edelman wants to go south and reunites with his buddies Tom and Rob hahaha

Pats were happy to part with Gronk and Jules is not Gronk. So why not.

I am not saying the won’t. But no matter how well Brady played this year, it could all come apart hard and fast next year. If Brady can duplicate his play next year, the may feel they don’t have to mortgage the future to win. Just more modest additions that don’t sell out the future to win today.

Why would they NOT sell out the future to win today when they have a good chance to win today. Hell they just won so clearly they have a good chance to win again.

Why would they NOT sell out the future to win today when they have a good chance to win today. Hell they just won so clearly they have a good chance to win again.

Because to have long term success, you don't sell out for one or two seasons. At least good teams don't. More often than not when a team in the NFL sells out to win now, it blows up in their face because you can't control injuries, father time, people losing their desire after winning a championship or getting paid a huge contract, etc.

Thank you, Squirrel.

dwight know GIF

Because to have long term success, you don't sell out for one or two seasons. At least good teams don't. More often than not when a team in the NFL sells out to win now, it blows up in their face because you can't control injuries, father time, people losing their desire after winning a championship or getting paid a huge contract, etc.
Long term success is rarely achieved by any team. They tried it the other way since 2002. With that as a backdrop another Superbowl next year would be preferred wouldn't it?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back