PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles players sure love talking about the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Giants did the same stuff, I guess when the top dog is down you have to take your shots.. even when they lose the Pats are still the talk of the league.

It's good to be King.

fnks6.jpg

There’s actually some truth to what he’s saying. Our D isn’t that talented relative to other teams (JAX, MIN etc..), but they don’t necessarily have to be. They just play with intelligence & are coached very well situationally. Let’s not act like we don’t know that already. No secret.

umm, he is right, outside of Gilmore, the Pats sent out a very pedestrian to out right JAG defense that got shredded by both Bortles and Foles.

DE: Eric Lee
DT: Malcom Brown
DT: Lawrence Guy
DE: Trey Flowers
LB: Kyle Van Noy
LB: Elandon Roberts
S: Duron Harmon
CB: Stephon Glimore
CB: Eric Rowe
FS: Devin McCourty
SS: Patrick Chung

Please tell me which one of those guys scares you? This defense was completely devoid of talent and STILL should have won that game. Maybe if they had made Philly punt more than once, stopped them just once on 4th down.

Sadly, aside from a healthy Hightower, no real improvement was made to this defense in the off-season. Aside from a Talib like trade for some talent, Brady is going to have to carry these JAGS again!

Yeah, the Patriots defense was terrible. A real embarrassment to football. It almost made me physically ill to watch them suck so much. Thanks for bringing it up.

I love when they talk. Talk more please. Remember last offseason how perfect we were? This season we go in hungry AF....

I don’t think Kelce’s comments are a big deal. Nothing like what Lane Johnson said...

umm, he is right, outside of Gilmore, the Pats sent out a very pedestrian to out right JAG defense that got shredded by both Bortles and Foles.

Please tell me which one of those guys scares you? This defense was completely devoid of talent and STILL should have won that game. Maybe if they had made Philly punt more than once, stopped them just once on 4th down.

Sadly, aside from a healthy Hightower, no real improvement was made to this defense in the off-season. Aside from a Talib like trade for some talent, Brady is going to have to carry these JAGS again!

McCourty, Chung and Harmon are a solid safety group. Definitely not JAGS although their age concerns me.

I'll wait to see what impact Shelton and VV have in shoring of the DL before saying "no real improvement was made" because I think they'll be an improvement.

Van Noy is not a JAG imo.

Trey Flowers is a top level DE.

Minnesota's D got shredded by Foles as well so I guess they're loaded with JAGS. :D

"“The last defense we had seen was Minnesota’s, and we were like, ‘These dudes have got some players.’ Then we see [the Patriots] and we’re like, ‘These dudes have got some . . . coaches.’ ”"

There's a compliment in there somewhere.

"“The last defense we had seen was Minnesota’s, and we were like, ‘These dudes have got some players.’ Then we see [the Patriots] and we’re like, ‘These dudes have got some . . . coaches.’ ”"

There's a compliment in there somewhere.

Backhanded, but yes. The Patriots always had excellent coaching on both sides of the ball. The problem with having to coach around personnel deficiencies all over a unit, however, is that at some point during the playoffs, it catches up with you.

On what basis do you have to prove that those players are JAG’s? You’re not Bill Belichick, and have no proof for that claim. Therefore, you’re wrong.

Bill will do what is best for the team at all times. If that means intentionally playing mediocre players on defense, then I believe he knew that was the best for the team. If Bill were to only play 7 players on defense, then I would applaud him, for he is all knowing. For Bill so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..

I don’t think Kelce’s comments are a big deal. Nothing like what Lane Johnson said...
What irks me is that we constantly get to hear what arrogant POS aholes the Patriots supposedly are, yet everyone and their mother gets to talk sh*t about the Patriots and you don't hear bupkis about it.

I tip my cap to the Eagles they made fewer mistakes than New England and won a wild game. Both of the defenses in that game were putrid so it'd be interesting to know if Kelce thinks it was his defensive teammates or their coaches that sucked. Sometimes the other guy just gets a few more things right and wins the game, we call that football. It’s also part of football that the winner gets to do the talking, they earned the right. That's how it works.

Last edited:
People here are all over it, but I'll echo: our defense was a ****ing abomination in the Super Bowl.

Matt Patricia was focused too much on the Detroit gig, it would appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back