PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles players sure love talking about the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOP DE?

Nah, he had 6 sacks the whole last season, he is still a long way from being a TOP DE...

The fact that he is still probably our best player in the front seven (when HT is injured) is a problem, at least until he earns it by being a top DE.

You should check out the game break down thread. Good stuff in there. There's some film covering TF.

Trey Flowers is a top DE. He may not have the sack numbers but he does create pressure. Sacks is a team work effort btw and last season the DL over compensated for the lack of a true NT imo. We'll see how Shelton and Vv take care of that this season.

Patriots film study, playcalls, and scheme breakdowns

You should check out the game break down thread. Good stuff in there. There's some film covering TF.

Trey Flowers is a top DE. He may not have the sack numbers but he does create pressure. Sacks is a team work effort btw and last season the DL over compensated for the lack of a true NT imo. We'll see how Shelton and Vv take care of that this season.

Patriots film study, playcalls, and scheme breakdowns
He needs another bookend rusher that’s capable of getting to the QB and can fill many other roles including setting the edge against the run. Without that and with the mediocrity at DT in 2017, Flowers could be isolated, doubled, etc. As a result, his sack numbers took a bit of a dip and the Pats’ pass rush was anywhere from mediocre to nonexistent.

He needs another bookend rusher that’s capable of getting to the QB and can fill many other roles including setting the edge against the run. Without that and with the mediocrity at DT in 2017, Flowers could be isolated, doubled, etc. As a result, his sack numbers took a bit of a dip and the Pats’ pass rush was anywhere from mediocre to nonexistent.

Enter dont’a hightower...

All this Eagles trash talk makes me feel like puking all over the place like I’m an out of shape quarterback in the last game of the season.

My hope is that Shelton + VV will loosen up some the responsibilities for the rest of the front 7.

My hope is that Shelton + VV will loosen up some the responsibilities for the rest of the front 7.

A lot of people have high expectations for Shelton. Personally I have some doubts myself. I wonder what’s his current weight.

A lot of people have high expectations for Shelton. Personally I have some doubts myself. I wonder what’s his current weight.

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not expecting a shutdown league devouring defense and they don't need that although it would be nice. I am hoping for one that can get one more stop better than last season's squad and I think they have that.

H
We'll see how it plays out. I'm not expecting a shutdown league devouring defense and they don't need that although it would be nice. I am hoping for one that can get one more stop better than last season's squad and I think they have that.

I am hoping our run defense’s better. It was top 3 when we won the super bowl. It was ranked 20th last season. Hope he can be a big help with that.

Tougher to get the elite defensive talent when your consistently drafting at the bottom of each round.
That's not true, at all.

Just getting Hightower back FIXES a lot of problems we had in the front 7.

I loved what we did in the off-season to replace Butler...a lot of competition there and don't even count out Cyrus Jones who could surprise.

Shelton should help a lot and Clayborn is just gravy on top as far as I am concerned.
"Gravy"?

Bill thanks you for being easily pleased.

That's not true, at all.

"Gravy"?

Your right shame on us for passing on guys like von, Mack, Clowney, watt, Ramsey, Donald, champ, Garrett, probably Chubb, earl Thomas. We can get elite talent drafting later don’t get me wrong I just said it’s tougher when you don’t get those sure fire guys. Your scouting department needs to be on point.

That's not true, at all.

"Gravy"?

Ya don't think:

Shelton
Hightower
Rivers
Clayborn
Extra Depth at CB

Is gonna make a difference? I think so.

Guess I can miss the first 16 games of the season as our defense sucks and the Pats will not put up gaudy defensive numbers..

Will have to wait for next year, again (sigh)!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back