PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Fear Wentz Has Torn ACL

That's definitely one of the traits that separates veteran QBs from the young'uns. (Even Roethlisberger has learned it, finally.) It's not surprising -- undervaluing health risks is a defining trait of youth across the board, not just in football.
Wentz is a brave dude. He runs around and throws with a LB bearing down on him or sits in the pocket and waits till the last minute for his receiver to get open before he is crunched.

More, if I'm not mistaken BB (and others) have stated that this soft training camp has not been able to get the players ready for the season.
Matt Chatham has a great argument for a more physical TC.

Actually Nate Sudfeld is the backup QB His brother was a TE for the PAts for a short period a few years back... training camp star....

"Studfeld" is in the Pats' training camp hall of fame, IIRC. His bust is right between Bam Childress and Austin Carr.

"Studfeld" is in the Pats' training camp hall of fame, IIRC.

I used to post on other message board at the time and people were freaking out over Sudfeld to the point of wanting to trade Hernandez because he had a logjam at TE, lol.

Well...maybe we shoud have :confused:

I used to post on other message board at the time and people were freaking out over Sudfeld to the point of wanting to trade Hernandez because he had a logjam at TE, lol.

Well...maybe we shoud have :confused:

It may have saved lives (seriously).

I hope it turns out not to be as bad as people are saying. The Eagles have waited since 2004 for a chance as good as this, with a couple of "good but not quite there" years along the way.

But they do have a respectable backup in Nick Foles to take over a multi-faceted offense, with one very good and another respectable season under his belt.

Esiason had some good commentary on him this am. He loves Wentz but in his opinion he needs to recognize opportunities and situations better in which he is not putting his body on the line. Sometimes a QB can't help it but most of the time he can. He referenced what Tom does (protections, falling down, quick throws, etc). Hopefully Wentz will learn that and have a long career.

I feel the same about JG. From the limited snaps I have seen so far he really needs to book a course about controlled falling to the ground at the Tom Brady University. He got hit yesterday 2-3 times with his arms exposed or landing on his shoulder just because there is no deliberation with the way his body contorts.

I feel the same about JG. From the limited snaps I have seen so far he really needs to book a course about controlled falling to the ground at the Tom Brady University. He got hit yesterday 2-3 times with his arms exposed or landing on his shoulder just because there is no deliberation with the way his body contorts.
I didn't watch Jimmy yesterday but I believe it.

It's official, torn ACL.

It's official, torn ACL.

Philly is now saying they think he tore it before the contact in the endzone. His legs got whipped around pretty good with that hit. Too bad, the kid was having a great year. Foles is no slouch, the iggles will still be a factor this year.

Philly is now saying they think he tore it before the contact in the endzone. His legs got whipped around pretty good with that hit. Too bad, the kid was having a great year. Foles is no slouch, the iggles will still be a factor this year.

Yeah that's what the former chargers doctor that got canned said in his article.

Foles is a one year wonder. Philly is going to have to hope that he can harness that year's luck for the home stretch.

Foles is functional but hes not going to carry a team.

They are hosed even if they get HA

Only way they get to the SB is if the D becomes the 1990 New York Giants and that is not happening.

Wonder if EDP445 already has a reaction video..

I wish he would’ve slid, but I guess that’s not his style. I hate injuries, it just sucks. Really a shame for that team, they really were playing lights out, especially Wentz. He was playing incredible football. Unfortunately, injuries are always the equalizer in sports. I told that to my coworkers who were saying, why don’t they just give The Lombardi for SB 52 to the Pats in the offseason (after a great offseason). I said injuries always happen. Unfortunately I was right, though the Pats still have a great chance.

Eagles have a really good team, but I can’t see them getting to the SB without Wentz. I would be shocked, though Foles has had his moments.

Seems that Wentz didn't learn anything from his goal-line fumble in Seattle during the previous week. Strange thing is, it originally looked like the right knee that was damaged.
Another problem the Eagles face is the one at LT. Vaitai stinks, and what's worse is that unless Lane Johnson is moved from RT, there is nobody else on the 53 worthy of playing the position. Foles isn't nearly as mobile as Wentz was, so Dougie better figure out how to provide better protection from that side. He has 2 easy games (VaGiants & Faiders) then the Cowboys to finish the regular season with PO seeding likely still in question.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back