PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles Fear Wentz Has Torn ACL

sipping a little bit too much of your namesake?

mateus-the-original-rose-portugal-10126035.jpg
That's a blast from the past. Mateus rose was my go-to vino back in the '80s. Distinctive bottle. Haven't had it in many years ...

Wow you gotta be kidding...

Absolutely terrible for the NFL, having legit contenders lose their QB's so late in the season like this.

Right, the playoffs are supposed to be intense, marque matchups, but last year's Raiders game was garbage without Carr.

Hopefully the Wenz injury not as serious as the initial reports.

The unfortunate QB injury reinforces how the Patriots decided to play Russian Roulette, with their head-scratching move to ship Jimmy G., mid-season, to SF, for a second round draft pick. The Pats would likely be one of the top 3 SB favorites, even if disaster struck, and JG was at the helm. Worst case scenario, if they held JG till the end of the 2017 Season, and then move-on: They likely receive a late 3rd round if they kept JG, yet buy invaluable insurance for the 2017 season. Who cares about the difference between a late 3rd round pick, and an early 2nd round pick, if by receiving the SF second round Draft pick, you effectively end Super Bowl hopes for this season (and with a projected 13-3 +/- record), if calamity were to (hopefully not) occur?

Right, the playoffs are supposed to be intense, marque matchups, but last year's Raiders game was garbage without Carr.
Raiders should've been our biggest challenge in the AFC last year imo. Instead it ended up being a bum Texans team with Osweiler at QB.

Per Rapaport, the initial tests don't show a complete tear. Even a partially torn ACL might put him out for a while. I remember Rivers tearing his ACL partially in 2007 and played in the AFCCG against us.

Per Rapaport, the initial tests don't show a complete tear. Even a partially torn ACL might put him out for a while. I remember Rivers tearing his ACL partially in 2007 and played in the AFCCG against us.
Tannehill last year and this. An immobile Wentz is a much less dangerous player.

In athletics, there's still really no such thing as a partially torn ACL.

In athletics, there's still really no such thing as a partially torn ACL.
Sometimes with a less serious tear you can play on it for a short while (Deshaun Watson played a whole game on one in college). But they all still need surgery for all intents and purposes.

Sometimes with a less serious tear you can play on it for a short while (Deshaun Watson played a whole game on one in college). But they all still need surgery for all intents and purposes.

Yes, you can risk it, but doing so puts you in real danger of doing more damage, both short term (MCL) and long term (cartilage/arthritis). This is a QB in year two of what Philly hopes will be a long, storied career. If he's got any kind of tear, they'd be stupid to let him play.

I remember when Brady got hit, and then the season was over before it started. Really horrible stuff. IF the Pats get that far, would have liked to see Brady Beat Wentz in a final game. Injuries suck, always feel really grateful that Pats won 5 rings, need a lot of good luck regarding injuries to have that happen.

An ACL does not heal. A partial tear is never going to get better. In fact, all orthopedic literature suggest that even if a athlete with a partial tear is completely shutdown from sports and just allowed to do day to day "normal person activity" ACL integrity and range of motion will worsen. They will progress to ACL deficient knee.

Essentially, partial ACL tear and complete ACL tear are identical with the exception that you can actually function at a suboptimal level for a while with a partial ACL tear. However, just because you can, does not mean you should because you risk doing more damage.

I remember when Brady got hit, and then the season was over before it started. Really horrible stuff. IF the Pats get that far, would have liked to see Brady Beat Wentz in a final game. Injuries suck, always feel really grateful that Pats won 5 rings, need a lot of good luck regarding injuries to have that happen.
The Pats missed the playoffs in a tiebreaker that year. Season over? Don't gimme that. We had Law Firm in his prime, a good if aging defense, and an average quarterback that had led the team to a surprise 11-5 result. We coulda won a playoff game with that team, I'm pretty sure. Not as sure as I would be with Brady at the helm, but pretty sure.

Eagles need to sit down Wentz this offseason. They need to tell him to stay in the damn pocket. IF they want to have a QB for 15 years that's what you do. If you want a flash in the pan with 5 great years and then iffy/often injured by all means keep running.

Rivers was able to play on that due to him being a non mobile QB. Wentz runs so much, idk if he'd be able to adjust.

They are lucky to have Foles as a backup. He hasn’t been that bad. Sad to hear about Wentz, he was having a good season.

Playing the Eagles would have been OK, really want to see the Saints.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
While I was watching that game from time to time, I happened to catch a comment by one of the guys in the booth, that mentioned that between his runs and drop backs, Wentz had been hit 18 times. And that was with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I have no idea what the final number was.

Imagine if Brady got hit 18 times. Christ, he got hit 8 times and the local press wanted an investigation.

Well I have to say that the more I've seen Wentz the more I've been impressed. He's the real deal, and will likely be the real deal for a long time. He certainly is fun to watch. Hopefully he'll recover fully and learn to be a little more circumspect in the future.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back