PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew Brees has retired

159979127_10159650935309066_1588379016279940711_n.jpg

I was so glad back in 2006 when the Dolphins decided to trade for Daunte Culpepper instead of paying Drew Brees what he wanted. As it turned out, the Pats didn't win another Super Bowl until 2014, but the division would have been more challenging with a Brees quarterbacked Miami team.

I'm surprised he didn't wait and make them stop in the middle of the first quarter of their first game next season so he could share it with the fans.

Hard to believe how long these QB’s are playing nowadays. Congrats on a well earned retirement. This is the same guy that had Matt Light as his starting LT at Purdue. To put it into perspective, Light’s been retired for 10 years.

Last edited:
Brady is the best QB in that division with no challenger in sight.

NFCS - Brady
NFCW - Wilson
NFCN - Rodgers
NFCE - Dak because the others all suck worse.

AFCE - Allen
AFCN - Ben
AFCW - Mahomes
AFCS - Watson

Last edited:
Imagine if someone said this 2 years ago: “In 2 years, Tom Brady will be starting his second season for the Bucs after winning the SB in his very first, and Jameis Winston will be the Saints’ starting QB”.

It feels weird just writing it! :D

Congratulations on a fantastic career. Thanks for an incredibly entertaining super bowl in 2009 and a few other classics

Enjoy yr life Drew...probably you should have earned 1 ring more but still a great career
Now yr great family waits you
Congratulazioni complimenti good luck !

Imagine if someone said this 2 years ago: “In 2 years, Tom Brady will be starting his second season for the Bucs after winning the SB in his very first, and Jameis Winston will be the Saints’ starting QB”.

It feels weird just writing it! :D
Try this on for size when it comes to weirdness:

Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl wins, as a starting member of an NFC team, as Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and Kurt Warner.*

Plus he has the six from the AFC

Last edited:
Try this on for size when it comes to weirdness:

Tom Brady has as many Super Bowl wins, as a starting member of an NFC team, as Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kurt Warner and Kurt Warner.*
I never could stand that 2nd Kurt Warner, dude was pompous. Lol

An all-time great who had the misfortune of being peers with Brady and Manning.

I'd take Brees over Manning in a second but Manning was starting to put up gaudy numbers when Brees was on his way out in SD and then finding his place in NO.

If Brees is born 5 years earlier or 5 years later I think he gets a better shake in terms of how he was viewed while playing.

Brees was a great QB, good guy, community person, and a leader. Obviously not as good as Tom, nobody is, and he was way better than Rodgers.

I was so glad back in 2006 when the Dolphins decided to trade for Daunte Culpepper instead of paying Drew Brees what he wanted. As it turned out, the Pats didn't win another Super Bowl until 2014, but the division would have been more challenging with a Brees quarterbacked Miami team.

Might have changed history if Brees went to Miami and Saban stayed in Miami. Would have been a tougher road.

you break 11 ribs and can't throw a football over two miles an hour?....time to hang 'em up. He left it all out there (sappy cliche..sosueme).

Last edited:
In the wake of Drew Brees retiring, I want to thank Nick Saban for his brilliant insight in seeing that Daunte Culpepper was clearly the better choice between him and Brees robbing the world of a Brees/Brady rivalry that could have challenged the Brady/Manning rivalry. Brees will go down in history of one of the best QBs of all time and Culpepper will..... welllll.......... ummmmmm...... Everybody thought Culpepper was a great guy (well, except Zack Thomas). Instead of Brady and Brees playing against each other twice a season, they met twice a decade.

Brees will go down in history as one of the greatest. He spend much of his early career being disrespected. History will has and will continue to correct that error.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back