PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game: Everyone can play

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 *Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 6-0 204 4.54 1

By the rules of the game you couldn't take players above their ranking or I would have snagged Revis too.

The rules of the game preclude trading as well, but most people are doing it.

The rules of the game preclude trading as well, but most people are doing it.

Ya I know, F the rules. :rocker:

I traded because with the rules I couldn't come up with two players I liked for first round value.

Last edited:
1 - 24 Traded to the Packers for #47 and a first in 2008
1 - 28 Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue
2 - 47 From GB David Harris ILB Michigan
3 - 91 Michael Coe CB Alabama St (90th ranked)
4 - 123 Sabby Piscitelli SS Oregon State
5 - 168 (COMP approximate) Dwayne Wright RB Fresno State
6 - 174 (from Cardinals approximate) Scott Stephenson C Iowa State
6 - 196 Reggie Lewis CB Florida
6 - 205 (COMP approximate) Chris Leak QB Florida
6 - 206 (COMP approximate) Anthony Waters ILB Clemson
7 - 250 (COMP approximate) Will Herring ILB/S Auburn (courtesy of BOR)

3: I didn't see them going LB 3 picks in a row but I like Bradley and Zak too.

5: He graduated with honors and if not for injuries would have been a second round pick. Pat Hill likes him. He can probably add 10-15 pounds and be the between the tackles back of the future.

6-174: They are always looking to upgrade their talent on the line in the later rounds and they can always make a trade like they did with the Cardinals last year.

6-196: Why?

6-205: Because he played in Meyer's system, was a winner and a team leader, Cassel is a RFA and I can see them tagging him and somebody taking him so the Pats will be prepared and start to groom somebody else.

Dwayne Wright - So he graduated with honors. So Pat Hill likes him. Pat Hill liked Richard Marshall also. Pats didn't take him when they could have. Kid also had fumbling issues and is strictly a between the tackle runner.

6-174 - While they are always looking to upgrade their talent, Stevenson isn't an upgrade over Yates or Barthelemes.

6-196 - Why don't I care for Reggie Lewis? Because I don't by into the hype of BB relying on his "friends" in the college ranks strictly for input on players. Because I believe that Lewis has issues with his techniques that preclude him from being someone the Pats would look at.

6-205 - Chris Leak - Again, I don't buy into the idea that just because the kid played for Urban Meyer means that the Pats are going to look at drafting him. They already have a developmental/back-up QB in Cassel. Just because he's a RFA after next season doesn't mean much. Chris Leak is not that impressive.

Last edited:
15 *Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 6-0 204 4.54 1

By the rules of the game you couldn't take players above their ranking or I would have snagged Revis too.

The rules of the game relying on one draft site is silly. Revis isn't the 15th best prospect out there.

6-196 - Why don't I care for Reggie Lewis? Because I don't by into the hype of BB relying on his "friends" in the college ranks strictly for input on players. Because I believe that Lewis has issues with his techniques that preclude him from being someone the Pats would look at.

We are talking about the 196 pick, right? I think everyone has issues at this point.

The rules of the game relying on one draft site is silly. Revis isn't the 15th best prospect out there.

I agree with both of those points. His pro day may have made him a top 23 prospect again, unfortunately.
:mad:

Well the point is that according to one ranking system, how would each select their mock draft. It's not silly at all. It let's people see who others like given a specific set of players available. What's silly is being the only one to deviate from that rule.

Dwayne Wright - So he graduated with honors. So Pat Hill likes him. Pat Hill liked Richard Marshall also. Pats didn't take him when they could have. Kid also had fumbling issues and is strictly a between the tackle runner.

You stated he wasn't a Patriots kind of guy. I took that to mean you thought he had character issues and I had heard the opposite. If you don't like him because you think he's one dimensional and won't be able to expand his game then that's another issue.

6-174 - While they are always looking to upgrade their talent, Stevenson isn't an upgrade over Yates or Barthelemes.

Perhaps.

I don't think he's strickly relying on them either but it's a factor just like the 3-cone or any other piece of data. So you cannot totally write it off either.

6-205 - Chris Leak - Again, I don't buy into the idea that just because the kid played for Urban Meyer means that the Pats are going to look at drafting him. They already have a developmental/back-up QB in Cassel. Just because he's a RFA after next season doesn't mean much. Chris Leak is not that impressive.

They may match and keep Cassel but I think they'll look into another developmental QB this year or next. I disagree on Leak I think he has some NFL potential and in the 6th round he's the type of player BB/SP might roll the dice on.

There was a 2nd game set up but by now it's probably on page 4. The reason it was set up using that list is the was the most comprehensive at the time.

Anyone is free to set up another one using different rules and lists. Probably would be better to wait until the comp picks are awarded.

I was disappointed in that I had it in my head that today was the owners meeting and that the picks would be out today or tomorrow. But, now I see that it's not until next week.:mad:

You stated he wasn't a Patriots kind of guy. I took that to mean you thought he had character issues and I had heard the opposite. If you don't like him because you think he's one dimensional and won't be able to expand his game then that's another issue.

I think his fumbling make him not a Patriots type of guy.

Perhaps.

I don't think he's strickly relying on them either but it's a factor just like the 3-cone or any other piece of data. So you cannot totally write it off either.

Honestly, I think its a myth. Just like I think it was a myth that Belichick relied on Saban for many picks while Saban was at LSU. They may get some info, but its not the be all end all. And, honestly, I don't think Lewis is a good fit. There are just too many flaws in his technique. And while every player in the later rounds has issues, I think that Lewis has too many.

They may match and keep Cassel but I think they'll look into another developmental QB this year or next. I disagree on Leak I think he has some NFL potential and in the 6th round he's the type of player BB/SP might roll the dice on.

I see Leak as being around as a UDFA. No need to draft him. But I question whether Leak can function in this offense because of his height. He's not even 6'.

If the Pats are going to draft a developmental QB, I think they'd look at someone who is more likely to function in the Pats offense without much tinkering.

Valid concerns all around.

"I see Leak as being around as a UDFA. No need to draft him. But I question whether Leak can function in this offense because of his height. He's not even 6'.

If the Pats are going to draft a developmental QB, I think they'd look at someone who is more likely to function in the Pats offense without much tinkering."

I thought maybe we could draft him late and teach him to dropkick...:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes