PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game... Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this thing started up fast and furious....I'm not even ready yet...:(

Time to get to work. :singing:

My draft board is complete already, which wasn't hard at all with just one pick in the first 4 rounds. However, it looks like I won't be able to announce the pick myself ( leaving town on sunday morning 'till tuesday while I'm scheduled to have my pick monday evening ) so I'll PM my board saturday evening or sunday morning to mavfan2390 and the guy picking right in front of me to speed things up.

Thus far, I like Atlanta taking Jake Long. Rebuilding your lines is a great way to build for the future. But actually no suprise picks at all so far.

Can we vote for the KC pick?

Clady looks like a natural fit for the Chiefs, so I vote Clady.

PS. English is not my mother tongue ( Dutch ) and while I don't have any problem at all reading it, constructing correct sentences in English myself or using the right words might give some troubles so my apologies if some of my sentences are shaken up and might look "not-English" in construction.

Last edited:
If this does come to a vote I will go with Ryan Clady OT Boise for the Chiefs as well. Won't be online for a while so this is my vote.

If this does come to a vote I will go with Ryan Clady OT Boise for the Chiefs as well. Won't be online for a while so this is my vote.

It's going to be clady so let's move on to #6!

I believe his time is up.

Let's give Handel a little more time. The last pick was pretty late into the night & we started this thing with short notice.

I sent him a PM so if he doesn't respond in the next 10 minutes then we'll go with Clady.

Last edited:
Let's give Handel a little more time. The last pick was pretty late into the night & we started this thing with short notice.

I sent him a PM so if he doesn't respond in the next 10 minutes then we'll go with Clady.

Or, at least until 10:00 am if he is working, etc. Give him time to see.

I "checked-in" Tues night ~ 10:00 pm. I skipped ONE day and checked in this morning at 6:30 am. We were already on pick #6....

Although, Clady is pretty much the perfect pick by most accounts, including mine if it does go to a vote (taking the dog to the vet in 10 minutes..)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan

I played last year. If you need a substitute I'd like to be considered. (I posted this on Mavfans thread on the main board as well)

I guess it was a good thing we didn't pick for him, he took Jeff Otah, said his internet connection didn't work.

I'll agree on Clady. I think he would help to re-build what was, until very recently, a great O line.

I guess it was a good thing we didn't pick for him, he took Jeff Otah, said his internet connection didn't work.

I reached for Otah, but the Chiefs need badly an OT.

And yeah, my internet connection didn't work since yesterday morning (so I am quite lucky it works now). Actually, my phone link is ****ed up. I have to make it repair.

Last edited:
I played last year. If you need a substitute I'd like to be considered. (I posted this on Mavfans thread on the main board as well)

at the very least you can help us vote on any picks when necessary.

Is there someone who I can send my player, if I'm offline?

Damn the Jets took Vernon Gholston :mad:

I know CB is a major need for the Pats, but I would look to trade down under this scenario.

VJC takes Gholston, the obvious pick :rolleyes: :p

Meanwhile the Patriots reach a little and select Cromartie. Both McKelvin and Clady were considered, but, the Patriots realized that if they wanted to play Meriweather more, they needed someone in the secondary that can catch, so woe and behold Cromartie is the pick.

He may take a year or two, but when he does develop he'll be a top ten corner.

Then again Glenn Dorsey is still available yes?

Can we get an updated list of who's been taken?

Damn the Jets took Vernon Gholston :mad:

I know CB is a major need for the Pats, but I would look to trade down under this scenario.

yea, DRC is a reach and Dorsey is sitting on your laps. We would definitely need to trade out. Even if we were giving someone good deal.

The Bengals are going to get Dorsey or Ellis now. Lucky them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST