PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Game... Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. I thought you were the assigned GM that Millen needed to listen to. Like Freud said, "sometimes a cigar is simply a cigar", which Belichek turned into, "it is what it is".

Agreed Sam. Basically he is saying that patting your own back is not very impressive, Mike. Why don't you also give some reasons why you felt you had the best draft of any of the 32 teams.

Last edited:
I was somewhat surprised on the run for Offensive Tackles in the first round of this draft so I decided to go with the other need areas and then load up on lineman on the second day of this draft. 6 Offensive Tackles were taken in the first round and the one guy I had my eyes on was one of them. If Chris Long was off the board Vernon Gholston was the second rated guy on my board.
I enjoyed doing this and since we started so early was hoping for a couple more rounds. The top three guys on my board was (1) Chris Long (2) Vernon Gholston (3) Jake Long.

I was somewhat surprised on the run for Offensive Tackles in the first round of this draft so I decided to go with the other need areas and then load up on lineman on the second day of this draft. 6 Offensive Tackles were taken in the first round and the one guy I had my eyes on was one of them. If Chris Long was off the board Vernon Gholston was the second rated guy on my board.
I enjoyed doing this and since we started so early was hoping for a couple more rounds. The top three guys on my board was (1) Chris Long (2) Vernon Gholston (3) Jake Long.
I'm willing to continue. What I'm not willing to do is select the picks for those who don't show up. I suggest the "Vikings rule". If you don't make your pick after 8 hours (8AM- 4PM, 4 PM- 12AM), then the person with the next pick can select. Those missing their pick can select any time after, but can't select those that have jumped him. With that in mind-
100 Miami
101 St. Louis
102 New York Jets
103 Atlanta
104 Oakland
105 Kansas City
106 Baltimore
107 San Francisco
108 Denver
109 Carolina
110 Chicago
111 Detroit
112 Cincinnati
113 NY Jets (from New Orleans)
114 Buffalo
115 Philadelphia
116 Arizona
117 Minnesota
118 Houston
119 Denver (from Washington)
120 Tampa Bay
121 Seattle
122 Cleveland
123 Pittsburgh
124 Tennessee
San Diego no pick
125 Jacksonville
126 Dallas
127 Indianapolis
128 Green Bay
129 New England
130 New York Giants
131 Philadelphia
132 Buffalo
133 Baltimore
134 Tennessee
135 Green Bay

Last edited:
I'm willing to continue. What I'm not willing to do is select the picks for those who don't show up. I suggest the "Vikings rule". If you don't make your pick after 8 hours (8AM- 4PM, 4 PM- 12AM), then the person with the next pick can select. Those missing their pick can select any time after, but can't select those that have jumped him. With that in mind-
100 Miami

101 St. Louis

New York Jets

Atlanta

Oakland

Kansas City

106 Baltimore

San Francisco

108 Denver

109 Carolina

110 Chicago

Detroit

112 Cincinnati

114 Buffalo

Philadelphia

116 Arizona

117 Minnesota

118 Houston

120 Tampa Bay

Seattle

122 Cleveland

123 Pittsburgh

124 Tennessee

San Diego no pick

125 Jacksonville

Dallas

Indianapolis

128 Green Bay

New England

New York Giants

Philadelphia

Buffalo

Baltimore

Tennessee

Green Bay

Sounds good to me I believe Gomezcat made the Miami pick in the selection thread and I definetly made St. Louis Rams pick there as well which is Shawn Crable OLB Michigan.

Sounds good to me I believe Gomezcat made the Miami pick in the selection thread and I definetly made St. Louis Rams pick there as well which is Shawn Crable OLB Michigan.
It just sounds easier. Plus it forces teams to show up (& frankly I'm getting sick of recommending some of my favorite players). Broadway, your pick, and Gomezcat's have been noted. Hey, at least we are guaranteed two picks a day...

It just sounds easier. Plus it forces teams to show up (& frankly I'm getting sick of recommending some of my favorite players). Broadway, your pick, and Gomezcat's have been noted. Hey, at least we are guaranteed two picks a day...

Thats true and with the real draft coming up maybe we will get in a few more picks before April 26th. I know what you mean about the favorite players being lost part thats not fun at all.

Aaah I thought the draft was over. Imagine my surprise when I get a message that I'm on the clock again... LOL.

Atlanta is ready to pick after NYJ

I Think the team was very fortunate that this draft feel the way it did. their needs were

LT ( long)
QB ( Brohm )
CB ( Flowers )
Oline ( Rachal )
DT ( Moore ) I like this pick and a Charater guy too
TE ( Keller)

Add in Micheal Turner and an offense that rank 31th in scoring should improve. one of their many problems was the team was still built around Mike Vick.

Pick has been made. I can't believe this guy lasted this long. I thought he'd be long gone somewhere in the 3rd round. :) Jets got a freak of a passrusher and now bolstered their anemic offense with some playmakers.

Pick has been made. I can't believe this guy lasted this long. I thought he'd be long gone somewhere in the 3rd round. :) Jets got a freak of a passrusher and now bolstered their anemic offense with some playmakers.
I know what you mean. I thought I got a steal w/ Jamaal Charles @ 50. Chris Johnson went right away to Tenn., Then it was almost a full round before another RB got picked. Don't teams need offensive playmakers?

Do we really need to do a 4th round? I thought a 3 rounder was enough... Oh well.

No pick yet?
100 Miami - Ahtyba Rubin, DT, Iowa State
101 St. Louis - Shawn Crable, OLB, Michigan
102 New York Jets - Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
103 Atlanta - Dexter Jackson, WR Appl. St
104 Oakland
105 Kansas City
106 Baltimore
107 San Francisco
108 Denver
109 Carolina
110 Chicago
111 Detroit
112 Cincinnati
114 Buffalo
115 Philadelphia
116 Arizona
117 Minnesota
118 Houston
120 Tampa Bay
121 Seattle
122 Cleveland
123 Pittsburgh
124 Tennessee
San Diego no pick
125 Jacksonville
126 Dallas
127 Indianapolis
128 Green Bay
129 New England
130 New York Giants
131 Philadelphia
132 Buffalo
133 Baltimore
134 Tennessee
135 Green Bay

Oakland has exceeded their time (though they can pick at any time). Kansas City is up!

In hindsight, I might well have taken Chris in the 1st. I didn't do my prep that well, so was caught unawares by the start of the draft. What I have been reading since about Ryan has made me suspect he isn't worth a #1.

I also realised how hard it is to pick when you have so many needs. In fact, it is practically impossible to stack the board. The one position I dismissed was centre, and starting running back, and that was it.

how about draft Grades?

It could work if we had an someone outside of the game, Knowlegable in both college and Pro Football, who could grade our results.

and any of us who would like to take the time to grade the draft could as well. Maybe out of a sense of fair play we do not grade our own efforts.

thoughts

Well this was a pretty poorly run mock draft for such a highly populated board. With 2 weeks left I'm almost wanting to do the 1st round all over again.

Well this was a pretty poorly run mock draft for such a highly populated board. With 2 weeks left I'm almost wanting to do the 1st round all over again.

So organize another. I'll still take AZ... Make sure that we do it like last year and have people PM the next in line when they make a pick. It works a lot smoother.

So organize another. I'll still take AZ... Make sure that we do it like last year and have people PM the next in line when they make a pick. It works a lot smoother.

I'll take the Atlanta Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back