PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Douchebag Jets Claim Berrios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the best place to monitor waiver pick-ups and practice squad signings?
CBS Sportsline has been more updated than ESPN or NFL.com on transactions but none have the Berrios claim.
ALSO: Tom Pelissero is doing an excellent job as well.

will they make him a captain when they play the Patriots?

They are most welcome to him. Our two UDFAs beat him out cleanly, and I wasn't even particularly interested in keeping him on the practice squad.

I can honestly say this is not a "sour grapes" line of thinking. The guy was not close to any receiver that made the team and was borderline practice squad, if that. It seems you could pick up a 7th round pick or UDFA every year with similar attributes and hope he stands out more than BB in two years. Berrios might be a 53-man guy for a team with a really bad WR situation, but that doesn't mean he's actually an asset. @Deus Irae 's comment sums it up perfectly.

Good. Our cornerbacks would/will eat him alive. Can we stop talking about him now?

It appears the Nathan Peterman era might be over in Oakland as they have picked up DeShone Kizer off of waivers.

Last edited:
I can honestly say this is not a "sour grapes" line of thinking. The guy was not close to any receiver that made the team and was borderline practice squad, if that. It seems you could pick up a 7th round pick or UDFA every year with similar attributes and hope he stands out more than BB in two years. Berrios might be a 53-man guy for a team with a really bad WR situation, but that doesn't mean he's actually an asset. @Deus Irae 's comment sums it up perfectly.
He never displayed any of the "suddenness" you saw in Gunner. I saw the difference from the first TC practice I went to. So I never understood the love Braxton got. I wish him the best with the Jets, but I have the feeling he was taken more for what he knows about the Pats than what he will produce on the field. I don't see a long future for him past week 3

Good for Berrios. He has a chance to play a game that he loves at the highest level.

Maybe Jets coach Gase saw Berrios play well when he was at Univ. of Miami.

Good for Berrios. He has a chance to play a game that he loves at the highest level.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. All kidding aside, getting claimed by the Jets is historically a very bad thing with that inept organization. Austin Carr got claimed by the Saints last season.

I bet that's the team that would of claimed Gunner so they settled for Berrios.

Remember a poster had suggested that Gunner was dangled as cut to see if other teams had interest.

Makes sense to me.

Really? I was thinking the opposite. All kidding aside, getting claimed by the Jets is historically a very bad thing with that inept organization. Austin Carr got claimed by the Saints last season.

Bad like the Pats picking WRs in the draft? Whats wrong with Harry?

The FA players that Rex picked went to back to back AFC Championships.

Bad like the Pats picking WRs in the draft? Whats wrong with Harry?

The FA players that Rex picked went to back to back AFC Championships.

There needs to be a Huh? icon. I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

But I thought he was claimed by the Jete?

I dont get it.

If Berrios goes out there and is productive vs 13 NFL calibers defenses how does the fact that he plays for the Jets diminish his accomplishments?

I dont get it.

If Berrios goes out there and is productive vs 13 NFL calibers defenses how does the fact that he plays for the Jets diminish his accomplishments?
Please have your care worker interpret this gibberish for us, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes