PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Douchebag Jets Claim Berrios

Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be a Huh? icon. I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

No

You claim that being picked the Jets is historically bad. So, i presented some recent Jets history that debunks that statement.

Regarding the Pats though, they are abysmal at choosing WRs in the draft. Isnt Harry hurt or something? Already.

I was thinking of Miami trying to run the patriots offense. :)
I think they're trying to run the "players who couldn't crack other team's 53 man roster" offense.

I hear they are referring to the MIA stadium as "The Fish Tank" these days.

I dont get it.

If Berrios goes out there and is productive vs 13 NFL calibers defenses how does the fact that he plays for the Jets diminish his accomplishments?

That's a very big if. To answer your question, it would not diminish his accomplishments if that in fact happens (but many are rightfully skeptical.)

That's a very big if. To answer your question, it would not diminish his accomplishments if that in fact happens (but many are rightfully skeptical.)

But Berrios is at least getting the opportunity to sink or swim.

If he plays well good for him.

I dont get it.

If Berrios goes out there and is productive vs 13 NFL calibers defenses how does the fact that he plays for the Jets diminish his accomplishments?
I’ll assume you’re being serious and not trolling.

First, my post was just a dumb joke. But from there, the point is that the Jets are so inept, their staff and generally their players are not real NFL quality. This is highlighted by the points others have pointed out earlier - that nothing in Berrios’ skill set stood out, he wasn’t productive in the games themselves, hadn’t shown improvement from last year’s training camp, and that it would be a waste at this point for the Patriots to have him on their practice squad. Yet the Jets think he’s good enough to be on their 53.

So the expectation is that he will not be productive versus 31 (I assume you transposed the numbers here) NFL caliber defenses, which highlights my joke. If he is though? Then we’re wrong and certainly he would be playing football at the highest level.

No

You claim that being picked the Jets is historically bad. So, i presented some recent Jets history that debunks that statement.

Regarding the Pats though, they are abysmal at choosing WRs in the draft. Isnt Harry hurt or something? Already.

Yes, being a member of the Jets organization is generally not a good career move. I would hardly call a class of prized, high-price free agents in 2009 a debunking of that statement. I believe you'd want to look at the other roster cuts the Jets have picked up from the Patriots. We all remember the infamous time the Jets brought a bunch of former Patriots as captains to the coin toss, which included Kevin O'Connell and some other crap pile players. Recently they got Sudfeld as well.

The Jets are known to pick up Patriots cuts just to seem smarter than they are. The Patriots did this with Woodhead, and they've been trying desperately to exact revenge ever since then. There has not been a single example of a successful player.

Did you see the news today? The Jets cut their 2019 third-round pick. Are you really going to die on a hill for the Jets organization and how they evaluate and develop players?

I’ll assume you’re being serious and not trolling.

First, my post was just a dumb joke. But from there, the point is that the Jets are so inept, their staff and generally their players are not real NFL quality. This is highlighted by the points others have pointed out earlier - that nothing in Berrios’ skill sets stood out, he wasn’t productive in the games themselves, and that it would be a waste at this point for the Patriots to have him on their practice squad. Yet the Jets think he’s good enough to be on their 53.

Berrios survived the final round of cuts.

Danny Woodhead came to NE via the Jets. BB was willing to take a flyer on Mike Pennel.

The Jets have good players and played the Pats tough last year.

So the expectation is that he will not be productive versus 31 (I assume you transposed the numbers here) NFL caliber defenses, which highlights my joke. If he is though? Then we’re wrong and certainly he would be playing football at the highest level.

Not transposed. 13 defenses this season.

Plenty of teams use players in different roles.

Hope he left his playbook in Foxboro

When I think of Pats players defecting to the Jets, I always think of Tony Eason being overwhelmed with how complicated the NYJ playbook was compared to the Rod Rust New England team.

Danny Woodhead came to NE via the Jets. BB was willing to take a flyer on Mike Pennel.

Not transposed. 13 defenses this season.

Plenty of teams use players in different roles.

Patriots 27, @ Jets 13
@ Patriots 38, Jets 3

I think we've established arguing with you right now is a waste of time.

@Triumph did the same troll schtick last year with several in-division game. It's just bait.

Yes, being a member of the Jets organization is generally not a good career move. I would hardly call a class of prized, high-price free agents in 2009 a debunking of that statement. I believe you'd want to look at the other roster cuts the Jets have picked up from the Patriots. We all remember the infamous time the Jets brought a bunch of former Patriots as captains to the coin toss, which included Kevin O'Connell and some other crap pile players. Recently they got Sudfeld as well.

The Jets are known to pick up Patriots cuts just to seem smarter than they are. The Patriots did this with Woodhead, and they've been trying desperately to exact revenge ever since then. There has not been a single example of a successful player.

Did you see the news today? The Jets cut their 2019 third-round pick. Are you really going to die on a hill for the Jets organization and how they evaluate and develop players?

Sure, the Jets got rid of a player that the former GM picked months ago.

The Jets suffer from the HC blaming the GM and the GM blaming the HC. Like lots of NFL teams who fail to win including the Pats before BB landed in Foxboro.

I think this sums it up. Posted by a Jets fan:

The Cowboys stink and havent won a damn thing since before Jerry Jones 1st botox injection.

The rest of those teams have nothing to crow about except NE and thats because BB is the GM.

Wow! This thread went somewhere special in a hand basket...

I have the feeling he was taken more for what he knows about the Pats than what he will produce on the field.
“They got this guy Brady, he’s awesome...the coach seems smart...they had us run up this big hill...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes