PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dont'a Hightower Knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Gronk: too big to move the way he does. There are mechanical limits to the forces human cartilage can handle. You accept the risk, of course, because of the upside, but you worry. Reminds me of the motors in AA fuel dragsters: right at the ragged edge of what steel and aluminum can deliver. Unfortunately, a new piston is easier to procure than a new knee, or back.

Either that, or someone fell on his leg and his knee was injured as a result. Perhaps there's video somewhere...

We'll probably get news he's on season ending IR midweek next week.... Just the way this season is going:(:(:(

Because it's the internet nitpicking is required...

There is no season-ending IR anymore (unless you are IRd before the cutdown to the final 53). Players go on IR without any designation, and once they've been on IR for at least 8 weeks (or is it 8 games?) they can come off it. But no more than two players can come off it in one season.

I would sit him against Houston even if he is ready. Houston's offense sucks. In the following four weeks, the Pats face Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Matt Ryan. He is much more needed then.

I would sit him against Houston even if he is ready. Houston's offense sucks. In the following four weeks, the Pats face Cam Newton, Jameis Winston, and Matt Ryan. He is much more needed then.

Newton has 399 yards passing(and 30 more rushing) and the Panthers are averaging 16 points a game.

I was going to add that Houston might be more of an offensive challenge, but then I looked it up and they are averaging 10 points a game :eek:

Newton has 399 yards passing(and 30 more rushing) and the Panthers are averaging 16 points a game.

I was going to add that Houston might be more of an offensive challenge, but then I looked it up and they are averaging 10 points a game :eek:

Yeah, but Newton has the potential to have an MVP caliber game and kill you with his legs as well as his arms. Not saying he will, but he at least has that possibility. I don't think Watson is ready to start, but is only starting out of lack of options.

Yeah, but Newton has the potential to have an MVP caliber game and kill you with his legs as well as his arms. Not saying he will, but he at least has that possibility. I don't think Watson is ready to start, but is only starting out of lack of options.

That Olsen injury will hurt them a lot. They're very limited on offense.

Sit him against the Texans too, that game will be like a televised practice.

Relatively minor. Probably sits next week.

I don't know if I'd have him playing two games in four days the week later either, though. Without knowing the specifics, one could argue that it just seems like an unnecessary risk in the first month of the season, particularly with a guy who seems to battle some chronic knee issues.

He wasn't going to play vs. NO, and he probably isn't going to play vs. HOU, so may as well just wait for the Thursday nighter, where he'll have the luxury of 10 days rest after seeing his first action in awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes