Dont'a Hightower Knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uptown

Standin' Pat
Reaction score
Last edited:
Agreed. God Speed.
Definitely need him back QB'n LBs and D. He comes up HUGE when it counts just see SBs 49 & 51 as does Amendola. Get them right now come Playoffs is when they're clutch.

Reminds me of Gronk: too big to move the way he does. There are mechanical limits to the forces human cartilage can handle. You accept the risk, of course, because of the upside, but you worry. Reminds me of the motors in AA fuel dragsters: right at the ragged edge of what steel and aluminum can deliver. Unfortunately, a new piston is easier to procure than a new knee, or back.

If he went to see Andrews it says to me it was him getting what the Pats doctor diagnosed confirmed and not the Pats sending him there. Why would they? Andrews isn't their doctor, Mark Price is and i'm sure he is as capable as Andrews at making a diagnosis

We'll probably get news he's on season ending IR midweek next week.... Just the way this season is going:(:(:(

He just got that big extension.
Maybe the rumors that Pitt and NYJ withdrew contacts to him after physicals is what brought Donta back and not complete loyalty to the team.
Imagine this team without Brady Gronk and Hightower in 2 seasons.
And maybe no BB
I'll hope for the best with Donta.
Time to get out that linebackers contact list.
Akeem Ayers should be in a Pats Jersey yesterday.

If he went to see Andrews it says to me it was him getting what the Pats doctor diagnosed confirmed and not the Pats sending him there. Why would they? Andrews isn't their doctor, Mark Price is and i'm sure he is as capable as Andrews at making a diagnosis
Im reading it the same way. It could be that he just wants to be sure he knows what he's dealing with. scar tissue is weak and tears easily and causes pain. It isn't necessarily bad news that he wanted to have it seen again. IMO

Last edited:
Some are making pretty bold assumptions here. Hightower didn't sound like he was extremely concerned when talking to Reiss.

Not sure where everyone is getting that this will suddenly become surgery, and he'll miss the year.

It's waaaay to early to give up on a season, but I'm getting a 2005 vibe. Coming off the high of being declared a dynasty and everything just became a struggle. Branch holdout, Bruschi stroke, and many other horrible things that took its toll on the season.

Yeah, was pretty surprised to hear that some posters were thinking he wouldn't even miss any time with an MCL sprain on a chrionically injured knee.

Sadly, the time has come to put replacing DH at the top of the personnel to-do list. His knees will never allow the Pats to depend on his presence on the field.

With his history, if this is not true now it very soon will be. Recall how quickly Mayo went from indispensable to incapable. It's a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back