Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Nothing gold can stay...

Calipari
Whipple
Ford
Brown

I always thought Don Brown was kind of a ****. He seemed annoyed that he had to appear on his own damn tv show. His practices seemed to consist of yelling and dropping a lot of f-bombs. I think we can do better. Granted, we could also do a lot worse.

I always thought Don Brown was kind of a ****. He seemed annoyed that he had to appear on his own damn tv show. His practices seemed to consist of yelling and dropping a lot of f-bombs. I think we can do better. Granted, we could also do a lot worse.

You can't argue with his record at UMass - and he brought the team to a National Championship.

He brought them to the championship game, not the championship. It was another win for App State.

He does leave with the best 4 year record in the history of the school though. Can't argue with that.

Any word on who the new coach will be?

The guy who covers UMass football closest published this list, not sure if it's based on inside info or total speculation:

Kevin Morris, UMass OC
Tom Masella, Fordham HC and former UMass DC
Jack Cosgrove, Maine HC
**** Biddle, Colgate HC
Tom Gilmore, Holy Cross HC
Phil Estes, Brown HC
Matt Griffin, Murray State HC
Neal Brown, Troy State OC and former UMass player
Any major BC assistant not hired by BC (Spaziani, Bicknell Jr.)

And of course everyone wants Mark Whipple to come back.

I think the BC coordinators are longshots considering that the UMass HC just left to become a coordinator in the ACC. How many head coach jobs are left at the FBS level? If BC drags their feet and brings in someone who doesn't want the assistants, then maybe we can make an attractive offer. Whipple showed that you can go straight from UMass HC to NFL assistant. We're on the coaching ladder. The UMass AD's inbox started receiving unsolicited resume's 90 minutes after it was announced Brown was leaving.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back