PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolts release Vontae Davis

How can you cut a player who requires season-ending surgery?
That doesn't sound very family oriented.

Jim_Irsay-300x225.jpg

He just had groin surgery, so he's probably done for the year. Plus he's 29 and CB play typically drops off pretty quickly after age 30, so there's a real risk in signing him going forward. Assuming Butler is gone after this year, though, it might not be a bad idea to make a run at him.

His play already dropped off a cliff.

How can you cut a player who requires season-ending surgery?
That doesn't sound very family oriented.

I'm guessing he reached an injury settlement with the team. Or else they're going to get whacked with a grievance. It's the Colts, though, so anything's possible.

Aren't u not allowed to cut injured players like that? Kinda strange move by those fools.

2010 November 21 New England Patriots 31–28 Indianapolis Colts
2011 December 4 New England Patriots 31–24 Indianapolis Colts
2012 November 18 New England Patriots 59–24 Indianapolis Colts
2014 January 11 New England Patriots 43–22 Indianapolis Colts
2014 November 16 New England Patriots 42–20 Indianapolis Colts
2015 January 18 New England Patriots 45–7 Indianapolis Colts <-- Let's blame this one on air. :rolleyes:
2015 October 18 New England Patriots 34–27 Indianapolis Colts

Aren't u not allowed to cut injured players like that? Kinda strange move by those fools.

Well it seems Irsay can do whatever the **** he wants, the Colta already hid Lucks injuries from the injury report and nothing happened, apart from ruining his QB of course.

The Colts are incredibly dysfunctional, it's almost as if they're run by a drug-fueled maniac or something...

But seriously, between the Andrew Luck ****-talking by the owner and now this episode, I can't imagine any Colts player in the future wanting to risk their future playing through injuries. The organization has lost what little credibility it has, and I wouldn't be surprised to see top-level free agents strike Indy off their list.

Good point! The double standard is real. Oh well, used to it now. We are winning super bowls and are in contention every year

2010 November 21 New England Patriots 31–28 Indianapolis Colts
2011 December 4 New England Patriots 31–24 Indianapolis Colts
2012 November 18 New England Patriots 59–24 Indianapolis Colts
2014 January 11 New England Patriots 43–22 Indianapolis Colts
2014 November 16 New England Patriots 42–20 Indianapolis Colts
2015 January 18 New England Patriots 45–7 Indianapolis Colts <-- Let's blame this one on air. :rolleyes:
2015 October 18 New England Patriots 34–27 Indianapolis Colts
I’m starting to sense another revenge tour in the making for 2017:

Colts
Ravens
Jets
Giants
Broncos

Let’s keep the list running deep.

The Colts are incredibly dysfunctional, it's almost as if they're run by a drug-fueled maniac or something...

But seriously, between the Andrew Luck ****-talking by the owner and now this episode, I can't imagine any Colts player in the future wanting to risk their future playing through injuries. The organization has lost what little credibility it has, and I wouldn't be surprised to see top-level free agents strike Indy off their list.

It’s hard to talk about Irsay without it being sh.t talk.

Pretty ugly back and forth. Indy never put him on the injury report and apparently totally disagrees with him about the apparent reasons for his poor play this year, the condition of his groin, and the need for surgery.

NFL really chews you up and spits you out when it's had enough. Sad/ugly to see it up close like this.

In all fairness to the NFL the Colts are becoming the new Browns. Just a joke of an organization.

The NFL players have an awful CBA.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back