PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolts release Vontae Davis

turkeyneck

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Colts release Vontae Davis after publicly airing complaints

The Indianapolis Colts released two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Vontae Davis on Thursday, less than 24 hours after Davis took his complaints about the organization public.

Davis said Wednesday he felt disrespected by the way the Colts handled his demotion and that he wasn’t playing at his typically high level because of a groin injury that hadn’t completely healed.

Colts general manager Chris Ballard told a local sports talk show Wednesday that the Colts were unaware the injury had lingered and Davis was probably speaking out of frustration because he hadn’t played up to his usually high standards the last couple of weeks.

Coach Chuck Pagano has only said that Davis stayed home last weekend because of a coach’s decision.

Steelers will probably snap him up :/

If he cleared waivers I would sign him for next season.

Let's understand here that he is out for the year regardless, so he's of no use for this years team.

His contract's up at the end of the year, too.

The Pats don't have the cap space to claim him.

Dome guy, I wonder if N.O is interested ?

Pretty ugly back and forth. Indy never put him on the injury report and apparently totally disagrees with him about the apparent reasons for his poor play this year, the condition of his groin, and the need for surgery.

NFL really chews you up and spits you out when it's had enough. Sad/ugly to see it up close like this.

I think Gilmore's more useless than a guy like Allen. No thanks on davis. Is he even healthy?

My post was just a cross-thread joke.

Davis reportedly needs season ending surgery, and he's in the last year of his deal.

My post was just a cross-thread joke.

Davis reportedly needs season ending surgery, and he's in the last year of his deal.

Yup. Interesting to see what type of contract he gets in the offseason. He's gonna be 30 next season. I doubt he will get a long contract.

He just had groin surgery, so he's probably done for the year. Plus he's 29 and CB play typically drops off pretty quickly after age 30, so there's a real risk in signing him going forward. Assuming Butler is gone after this year, though, it might not be a bad idea to make a run at him.

He just had groin surgery, so he's probably done for the year. Plus he's 29 and CB play typically drops off pretty quickly after age 30, so there's a real risk in signing him going forward. Assuming Butler is gone after this year, though, it might not be a bad idea to make a run at him.

Well some don't. Examples like Charles Woodson. Talib's still playing at a high level.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back