PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins considering firing HC Adam Gase

No team can prevent a non-HC from accepting a HC position, and the Patriots can't stop Caserio from taking a job that gives him final control over the roster.
I’m not necessarily disputing the idea that Caserio may move elsewhere as much as I am the idea that both he + McD will leave New England together to save the franchise in Miami, that’s all.

What fire a Guy who have a miracle win over the great Patriots with 7 seconds left??:confused: Roger will Veto the the very thought.:rolleyes:
Think of all of those last play kickoff possibilities, though. Of course, we’d have to hope that the other team would take out their fastest defensive player and replace him with a guy who may not be able to beat Drew Bledsoe in a head-to-head foot race.

If Gase keeps his job beyond the end of this season, then he should send Thank You cards to both Brady & Gostkowski.

Last edited:
Not sure what Nick we are talking about??

If it is Saban, why would he at 67 years old years old leave a situation where he is 140 & 20, is deified in Alabama, has the run of the show, won the recruiting sweepstakes again and makes about $7.5 million a year with a built in $400k a year escalator + incentives for Bowl Games + other perks??

If it is Caserio & McDaniels, make the Dolphins give us their next two 1st round draft picks..

Finding a franchise qb is the single hardest task in all of the sporting world, except maybe hitting a 7 - 10 split.

You can’t blame gase for not finding one, but they can blame him for failing to realize that Tammyhill is not the guy.

With the 'Fins traditional, corporate-style, organizational power structure, I really don't think it matters whether or not Gase realizes that Tannehill "is not the guy". Gase probably takes what Grier gives him in terms of player personnel. Grier answers to Tannenbaum (Exec VP), who most likely has final say over player and coaching personnel (and likely uses that authority unwisely, just as he's done everywhere else he's been).

This is the way most teams in the NFL operate. The Pats' genuinely collaborative decision-making is extremely unusual.

My guess is that, if Gase alone is fired after three seasons, it's mostly scapegoating. OTOH, if Tannenbaum is fired, it may indicate that Ross and Tom Garfinkel (the CEO) have started to wise up a bit.

Finding a franchise qb is the single hardest task in all of the sporting world, except maybe hitting a 7 - 10 split.

You can’t blame gase for not finding one, but they can blame him for failing to realize that Tammyhill is not the guy.

It hasn't helped that Tannenhill hasn't had a season where he's played all the games.

Get ready for the Jerry Schuplinski offense if McDaniels leaves. Flores -- unless seriously wants to hire him on this year of defense -- would get the official DC title and BB would start pitching in on offense more next year to guide Schuplinski into the job.

If not him that it might just end up being O'Shea. Extremely doubtful that anyone external would get the nod.

They should hire Mike Martz, he’s awesome. They could have The Greatest Show on Turf II.

With the 'Fins traditional, corporate-style, organizational power structure, I really don't think it matters whether or not Gase realizes that Tannehill "is not the guy". Gase probably takes what Grier gives him in terms of player personnel. Grier answers to Tannenbaum (Exec VP), who most likely has final say over player and coaching personnel (and likely uses that authority unwisely, just as he's done everywhere else he's been).

This is the way most teams in the NFL operate. The Pats' genuinely collaborative decision-making is extremely unusual.

My guess is that, if Gase alone is fired after three seasons, it's mostly scapegoating. OTOH, if Tannenbaum is fired, it may indicate that Ross and Tom Garfinkel (the CEO) have started to wise up a bit.
Tannenbaum is awful. Always has been. Always will be

Get ready for the Jerry Schuplinski offense if McDaniels leaves. Flores -- unless seriously wants to hire him on this year of defense -- would get the official DC title and BB would start pitching in on offense more next year to guide Schuplinski into the job.

If not him that it might just end up being O'Shea. Extremely doubtful that anyone external would get the nod.

Never hear of him.

Heard of NEM though.

Seems uncharacteristic that those close to BB would jump ship to compete directly with him on a division rival.

The only guy to go that way is Mangini that I can recall.

He's a smooth talking cap guy who overspends and can't identify talent to save his life.

What BB saw in him I have no idea.

Tannenbaum was a personnel assistant with the Browns while BB was HC. I highly doubt that BB had much say in Tannebaum's hiring.

Seems uncharacteristic that those close to BB would jump ship to compete directly with him on a division rival.

The only guy to go that way is Mangini that I can recall.
I don't think Tannenbaum falls into that category. He stayed with the NYJ when Bill left in 2000. Bill chose Pioli over him so Tannenbaum has the right to go wherever he wants

Tannenbaum was a personnel assistant with the Browns while BB was HC. I highly doubt that BB had much say in Tannebaum's hiring.

I think all you need to know in terms of where Tannenbaum stands relative to BB is how somewhat dismissive Lombardi is towards Tannenbaum whenever he comes up. There was a pre draft GM Street podcast where he almost ridiculed him and his drafting/FA approach.

No. Watch 1995 Cleveland Browns A Football Life and you'll follow my point.

Bill was heavily involved in hiring everyone - especially young minds which were called , "Slappies".

I don't think Tannenbaum falls into that category. He stayed with the NYJ when Bill left in 2000. Bill chose Pioli over him so Tannenbaum has the right to go wherever he wants

I agree. Tanny was a Tuna guy. Married his daughter.

I was talking Josh and Nick.

I agree. Tanny was a Tuna guy. Married his daughter.

I was talking Josh and Nick.
Actually Pioli married Tunas daughter.

Yea- I cant see Josh and Nick going to MIA. That's cold

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye