PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Agree to Terms with Texans for Watson - Pending two key details...

LOL! Where is this alleged due diligence you claim Ross did?

Put up or shut up. Seriously, would Ross make a different offer than Watson settle all your legal issues and as long as Goodell doesn't give you a long suspension and Watson isn't in jail, the Dolphins will give three firsts and two other picks possibly lower than two seconds whether he did due diligence or not?

I know you hate me and are obsessed with trying to prove wrong. by twisting my words but you are making less sense than usual and I didn't think that was humanly possible. But I ain't shocked to find out you are a Trump fan. I kinda guessed it by your arrogance anyway.

LOL! Where is this alleged due diligence you claim Ross did?

Put up or shut up. Seriously, would Ross make a different offer than Watson settle all your legal issues and as long as Goodell doesn't give you a long suspension and Watson isn't in jail, the Dolphins will give three firsts and two other picks possibly lower than two seconds whether he did due diligence or not?

I know you hate me and are obsessed with trying to prove wrong. by twisting my words but you are making less sense than usual and I didn't think that was humanly possible. But I ain't shocked to find out you are a Trump fan. I kinda guessed it by your arrogance anyway.
wrong-drumpf.gif

We don't know what really went on behind the scenes, but I really doubt that it is all on Flores.

My money is on Stephen Ross repeatedly ripping the rug out from under Flores, and undermining what he is trying to establish in the locker room. Ross has a history of doing that to his coaches.

Sure, Fitzpuff might have been playing good at the time, but he is a hot/cold player with a very limited ceiling. At the time Flores took the Miami job, I called it a very stupid move and said it would put his coaching career on a holding pattern.
Yeah I wouldn't doubt at all that a lot of these things are due to ownership but I'm just speaking strictly from the perspective of the players - even if that's true, Flores is still the "fall guy" for it.

The Bucs have a historically bad running game. No, it isn't from a skewed 3-game sample size and the players may be the same from last yer, but unexplained things happen and they're not good now cuz look at the 2005 Patriots. Historically bad.

(Now ranked 6th in NFL in rushing DVOA and 4.2 YPA)

I will admit I was wrong there. But 4.2 YPC is 17th best in the league and 21st in rushing yards per game. They went from bad to mediocre.

Bill had better figure out how to beat this guy. Watson is a dynamic player. Higher ceiling than Allen IMO. I still think there is a chance he plays this season. Settle out of court. Says he is sorry. Suits up week 18 to knock the Pats out of the playoffs....

Watson is only 2-2 against the Pats, so I'd say that they know how to stop him... at least half of the time. :)

I will admit I was wrong there. But 4.2 YPC is 17th best in the league and 21st in rushing yards per game. They went from bad to mediocre.
Good for you.

Good for you.

BTW, just for the record, here is what I wrote about Ross:

I think you are give Stephen Ross too much credit. There is no way of knowing the outcome of all of this. If there was, there would be other teams bidding on Watson. Do you think Ross is smart enough to investigate this and know that Watson should be back by say midseason next year for sure and people in the Eagles' organization, Broncos' organization, Panthers' organization, or whatever other team's organizations interested in trading for Watson either haven't thought to check or couldn't get the same information Ross has?

My take is Miami is desperate to get a franchise QB. They know Watson's value is depressed right now and there is no other team bidding on him. And they think it is worth the risk that he will be back by at least midseason next year to get him at a reduced rate. They probably feel somewhat confident or hopeful that Watson will probably get a shorter suspension with what they know, but they cannot know for sure and they are playing the odds that the situation won't change over time.

And I don't care what Ross does for a living or how successful he is. There are so many variables that are unknown that he cannot possibly know them all. I mean even if Watson wants to settle, who knows if he could come to a deal with all 22 plantiffs. What if he is guilty and one or more of these women aren't motivated by money and just want their day in court and have a jury say that they were assaulted?

Tell me where I was wrong?

I accept your defeat. Hey, you were so quick to rub it in my face that you didn't think that I was actually right. Hey, it happens. At least you man up to it.
Not sure what line of business you're in but you just don't know what you're talking about. I'm too lazy to look at your posts related to this matter but my memory is pretty good. Suffice it to say that you poo poo'd the whole "due diligence" notion as absurd and made it like Ross would proceed with the trade "taking a huge risk." Again, if this story is to be believed, after conducting a proper due diligence they came to the conclusion to add contingencies to the so called deal. You continue to believe that MIA didn't spend any time collecting and analyzing information before making their decision. You're wrong. Again.

Not sure what line of business you're in but you just don't know what you're talking about. I'm too lazy to look at your posts related to this matter but my memory is pretty good. Suffice it to say that you poo poo'd the whole "due diligence" notion as absurd and made it like Ross would proceed with the trade "taking a huge risk." Again, if this story is to be believed, after conducting a proper due diligence they came to the conclusion to add contingencies to the so called deal. You continue to believe that MIA didn't spend any time collecting and analyzing information before making their decision. You're wrong. Again.

I just posted my posts about Ross. Tell me where I was wrong. I said there was no way Ross could know all the variables and no amount of due diligence can tell Ross and the Dolphins that it was a safe bet to trade for Watson in the next week. Ross agrees with me. Apparently on this, I know more than you.

I just posted my posts about Ross. Tell me where I was wrong. I said there was no way Ross could know all the variables and no amount of due diligence can tell Ross and the Dolphins that it was a safe bet to trade for Watson in the next week. Ross agrees with me. Apparently on this, I know more than you.
I think it's pretty obvious the issue here is that you don't know what due diligence means.

Watson is only 2-2 against the Pats, so I'd say that they know how to stop him... at least half of the time. :)
He was great pretty much all those games but one, and he was coming back off a torn ACL.

Can you say again. Dolphins get two 1sts and a 2nd? I would say this is a nice save by Miami for basically getting almost near value back on the original QB pick.

Texans get 3 1sts and a second (0ne is WFT first)

Dolphins get watson

WFT gets Tua

I think it's pretty obvious the issue here is that you don't know what due diligence means.

Again, whether I know the definition or not is irrelevant (I do BTW). It doesn't change the fact I was right. The report last week was wrong, but based on the information we had I was 100% correct. There was no way of knowing the outcome of this and if they trade for him by the trade deadline they are absolutely rolling the dice and not doing due diligence.

But you were talking about due diligence last week as if Ross would have great insight on the likely outcome of the civil cases, legal trial, and Goodell's decision on the punishment and getting a deal done by next Tuesday. I said there is no way of knowing. That clearly isn't the case. And that is the way I have been approaching the term today.

Ross is doing exactly what I said smart teams are doing and waiting for this to play out. You were suggesting he had some kind of inside information that made him confident that the trade was not a risk. If you want to parse words to use the technical definition of due diligence even though it goes against what you said.

All Ross did was make a contingency offer that isn't binding and won't be a real trade deal until some time next year. Going under last week's assumption that the trade was an almost certainty next Tuesday, there was no chance a deal like this was going to be done. That was my point.

BTW, if Watson isn't traded by Tuesday (which seems unlikely now), he will not play this year. Another thing you said would never happen.

Bill had better figure out how to beat this guy. Watson is a dynamic player. Higher ceiling than Allen IMO. I still think there is a chance he plays this season. Settle out of court. Says he is sorry. Suits up week 18 to knock the Pats out of the playoffs....
You can only hope

He would have to settle 22 lawsuits and hope the grand jury comes back with no bills for ten criminal referrals in five days (since this day is almost over) and Goodell would have to give him a short suspension or decide to punt until after the season and not put him on the exempt list in the meantime. The odds of this happening is next to none.

BTW, if after the season, if Watson has cleared up his legal problems and Goodell gives him a relatively short suspension, he should consider undercutting Miami and trying to trade for Watson himself.

But I don't see Watson going to Miami or playing for anyone this season.

Let's look at what we have in the abstract.

We are being told that anonymous sources are saying there is a deal to trade a player but with pre-conditions that mean there is no actual deal possible any time soon.

Aren't we all being played by the media and/or whomever else it is who wants this story to stay in the news???

Maybe I'm being an old coot, but in the old days wouldn't the people reporting this be told to go back and get sources who will go on the record and then push them on how they think a deal could close under these circumstances.

I’m not understanding this. Miami is expecting his legal issues to be resolved first. There are 22 accusers in a civil case plus a criminal case and the trade deadline is next week. How is all that going to be resolved by then or does it not need i

if there are no incriminating emails, he should be good to go

So while the Dolphins front office is fixated we steal a Zach Thomas clone from under their fingertips.

BB playing chess.

if there are no incriminating emails, he should be good to go

LOL! Actually I read somewhere there are incriminating text messages with one of the women allegedly.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back