PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Agree to Terms with Texans for Watson - Pending two key details...

More legal issues and infighting amongst the NFL Capos. I wonder who the leak was? Pretty detailed account of a behind doors meeting. They're imploding. Hahahahaha

I saw a rumor somewhere that Davis is the owner that had a shaky deposition in the St Louis case and Gruden files being released was payback. Really thin but this whole thing is pretty funny.

Tape? They apparently didn't even watch the contest their own team had with the Patriots "amazing" offensive line.
I'm guessing they'd explain that away by saying their DL is top 5 or something.

I honestly doubt anyone will trade for him until this is resolved. I thought Miami was crazy to try to get a deal done before the trade deadline based on the rumors. But based on this report, Miami and the Texans have basically agreed to a deal that if Watson is cleared and not suspended for a long time that they will consumate the trade. That could be July or August of next year for all we know and the deal could fall apart in the meantime. Hell, there is a chance that Watson never plays another down again in his life depending on the criminal investigation.
Even then, they don't know if there are unreported past allegations that could still come out, nor can/should they expect he'll stay away from massage therapists going forward. He doesn't seem ready to do what Ben R did and find himself a good Christian woman and settle down.

In hindsight, Caserio should have traded Watson before all this came out. Teams were hot on him when he said he wanted out of Houston and before all the allegations came out. Caserio could have gotten the three firsts and two seconds he wanted.
I suppose, especially if he knew such allegations were coming, but he would have taken a lot of heat for letting such a young talent go just because he complained about the environment. Ownership does not want to empower players to be able to force trades just by complaining.

Even then, they don't know if there are unreported past allegations that could still come out, nor can/should they expect he'll stay away from massage therapists going forward. He doesn't seem ready to do what Ben R did and find himself a good Christian woman and settle down.

I suppose, especially if he knew such allegations were coming, but he would have taken a lot of heat for letting such a young talent go just because he complained about the environment. Ownership does not want to empower players to be able to force trades just by complaining.

It is my understanding that some of these allegations/civil cases were open for months before this story blew up. I am guessing that Caserio might have known about a few of the allegations, but dismissed them because at that point it was isolated incidents that might have been dismissed as money grabs.

The thing is that if Ben Roethlisberger did what he did today, he'd likely get a long, long suspension. The league cannot get away with giving a four game suspension for a rape allegation that he likely committed in today's world.

It is my understanding that some of these allegations/civil cases were open for months before this story blew up. I am guessing that Caserio might have known about a few of the allegations, but dismissed them because at that point it was isolated incidents that might have been dismissed as money grabs.
The problem for Nick in that scenario would be if the other team learned he traded him knowing all that stuff without telling them. It'd cause him a lot of trouble going forward, I would think.

The thing is that if Ben Roethlisberger did what he did today, he'd likely get a long, long suspension. The league cannot get away with giving a four game suspension for a rape allegation that he likely committed in today's world.
Right, but at least Ben R was an active participant in forming the cover story that he married a good Christian woman and he'd rape no more. I have a hard time seeing Watson doing that. It seems he still thinks he did no wrong and it seems he isn't going to get married just to keep his employers happy.

Players today feel a lot more empowered than players of Ben R's era do. Players drafted in the first round make enough money off their rookie contracts to never have to work again presuming they don't blow their money. They are more than willing to push the boundaries.

The Dolphins owner Ross is obviously a brilliant businessman. He is not going to go after a distressed asserts (Watson) without collecting as much intelligence as possible. In the event the trade is made, my bet is that he has a pretty good handle on the outcome of watson's case and somehow he would know that the cases are going to be settled.
He would not risk destroying the rep of his team without knowing a settlement was coming.

If he makes the trade, I would bet in 2-3 years this issue would mostly be forgotten if Watson handles himself right. Look at Michael Vick...people got over that after he was traded to the Eagles

I saw a rumor somewhere that Davis is the owner that had a shaky deposition in the St Louis case and Gruden files being released was payback. Really thin but this whole thing is pretty funny.
This whole story broke just as the NFL lost a lawsuit against the NFLPA because they were since 1990 until they lost lawsuit a few weeks ago using a scientific study saying black people had a lower cognitive ability than other races.

They used that to deny giving former black players medical pay for brain damage due to them not proving they were disabled based on the fact that scientifically they were already impaired.

Simply put the NFL said scientifically black people are dumb and that they don't suffer enough brain damage because they were already dumb so they can deny paying them the money they were owed.

That's clear cut racism, they were intentionally not giving black players money where they would give it to former white players.

This would be the biggest story of the year if any other billion dollar corporation, that didn't have a huge hand in the media, was using outright false scientific data to pay black people less than white people.

That's the real story the NFL is covering up

If he makes the trade, I would bet in 2-3 years this issue would mostly be forgotten if Watson handles himself right. Look at Michael Vick...people got over that after he was traded to the Eagles
That's a big part of the gamble he's thinking of taking with Watson, will a guy in his twenties with forty women accusing him of sexual misconduct really decide he's going to just drop that particular kink he has and do things right, in of all places, Miami?

NFLN read the causes for being on the exempt list, among them is being charged with a crime. AB was never charged with a crime. He had a civil suit that had not been heard and he sent a text to the artist lady. Once Early Bird released him, the NFL just left him hanging w/ the threat that if anyone signed him, he could go on the exempt list. They basically black balled him. Can't remember but the investigation into the artist text took longer than deflategate. They ended up suspending him for that and some incident with a moving company driver, if I recall.

In the meantime, they didn't do sh!t to Patrick Chung that had a felony drug charge or to Early Bird (wink, wink) who was facing misdemeanor criminal charges.

Frank Clark has been charged w/ two separate felony weapons charges. He's still playing like you said. Watson will not be placed on the exempt list per Goondell even though he's facing 22 separate civil suits for sexual assault.

These pieces of sh!t use the so called shield for their convenience to go after whomever they want. There are no standards, no fairness, just Goondell doing whatever the fv?&k he wants. Those guys are immoral scumbags. They operate like the mafia. The 32 are the heads of the families and Goondell is the enforcer. The players, the ones that make them billions, are just pawns or worse.

I can't stand the NFL, the owners, and especially the goons on Park Avenue. I hope this WFT email scandal blows up in their face and they get exposed for the criminals they are.

I'd love to see that scumbag Roger end up like this:

This is beautiful. Thank you. This is exactly how I feel. I love the Pats but I truly hate the league owners and NFL machinery.

Tua to Wahington, WFT's first round pick to Dolphins, Dolphins send their first this year, WFT first this year, a first next year and one 2nd rounder.

WFT makes out very nicely, gets their QB Too.
Washington is giving up a #1 for Tua?! Typical Snyder and Washington….can’t help themselves

Tua is at best a backup QB. He lacks field vision and feel for timing. Slow windup and release. Creates most of his protection problems and isn’t good enough to overcome them. Not good on 10-15 yard passes. Finheaven is filled with delusional morons. Changing coaches won’t make him any better.
Well said….highly doubt he will become an elite NFL QB….but we shall see…..but a #1 from Washington from a very mediocre shaky career so far from Tua…..unreal

Perhaps I am a skeptic, but these two details may take quite a while to unravel.. not sure I see it happening.

That's a big part of the gamble he's thinking of taking with Watson, will a guy in his twenties with forty women accusing him of sexual misconduct really decide he's going to just drop that particular kink he has and do things right, in of all places, Miami?

Bet Watson is licking his chops to live out that Miami Vice lifestyle- that's the only place he's lifted his no-trade clause for.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back