PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins Agree to Terms with Texans for Watson - Pending two key details...

The deal is apparently done...as long as the Dolphins can confirm his legal status and as long as Goodell confirms he'll be able to play. Neither of which seems likely:

This to me is a stupid choice. Why do it? They know he'll come with baggage and almost certainly won't be playing this year. This is just the Dolphins trying to persuade their fans that they tried to get Watson, while also not really trying. Fans will see through this, which makes it not very smart to do. It also has the added effect of hurting their locker room. What do you say to your QB? 'Hey, we tried to replace you but it didn't work out. Now go out there and make us proud!' Maybe they don't care and have already given up on Tua?

LOL! Actually I read somewhere there are incriminating text messages with one of the women allegedly.
The message was like Watson repeatedly asking if she was ok repeatedly apologizing and repeatedly asking if they were cool.
This is the woman who allegedly immediately called her friend and sister and told them Watson attacked her at his place.

This is the most damning of everything I read about the situation.

As of now, Watson is not on the commissioner's exempt list.

Miami should go ahead and consummate this trade. Hopefully it includes three 1st round picks going to Houston.

So Goodell put AB on this exempt list when he was supposed to be a key contributor to the Pats team in 2019? But he hasn't done anything like that with DW. We know the claims against AB were BS. These claims by 22 women don't seem to be. Is this yet another example of Goodell playing favorites?

I do not really know. Some lawyers here should be able to tell us. A player can still play with a pending lawsuit - Frank Clark at KC is playing. So why did AB end up on the exempt list? AB did not have any criminal trouble that I remember, it was a civil case. Did the NFL finish looking into AB's situation and came to a conclusion, and that is why Goodell is saying the NFL has not investigated the Watson situation yet? Why isn't Frank Clark on the exempt list? All very confusing.

I do not really know. Some lawyers here should be able to tell us. A player can still play with a pending lawsuit - Frank Clark at KC is playing. So why did AB end up on the exempt list? AB did not have any criminal trouble that I remember, it was a civil case. Did the NFL finish looking into AB's situation and came to a conclusion, and that is why Goodell is saying the NFL has not investigated the Watson situation yet? Why isn't Frank Clark on the exempt list? All very confusing.
NFLN read the causes for being on the exempt list, among them is being charged with a crime. AB was never charged with a crime. He had a civil suit that had not been heard and he sent a text to the artist lady. Once Early Bird released him, the NFL just left him hanging w/ the threat that if anyone signed him, he could go on the exempt list. They basically black balled him. Can't remember but the investigation into the artist text took longer than deflategate. They ended up suspending him for that and some incident with a moving company driver, if I recall.

In the meantime, they didn't do sh!t to Patrick Chung that had a felony drug charge or to Early Bird (wink, wink) who was facing misdemeanor criminal charges.

Frank Clark has been charged w/ two separate felony weapons charges. He's still playing like you said. Watson will not be placed on the exempt list per Goondell even though he's facing 22 separate civil suits for sexual assault.

These pieces of sh!t use the so called shield for their convenience to go after whomever they want. There are no standards, no fairness, just Goondell doing whatever the fv?&k he wants. Those guys are immoral scumbags. They operate like the mafia. The 32 are the heads of the families and Goondell is the enforcer. The players, the ones that make them billions, are just pawns or worse.

I can't stand the NFL, the owners, and especially the goons on Park Avenue. I hope this WFT email scandal blows up in their face and they get exposed for the criminals they are.

I'd love to see that scumbag Roger end up like this:

I've been telling all you Pats fans since 2006 that this Scumbagdell was a Manchurian candidate commissioner voted in by the old money teams (Giants, Steelers) at the behest of Leon Hess. They HATED the idea that some new money interloper bought into their exclusive club and Hess was rankled that some younger generation Jew was moving into a division he considered his. Old school Jewish businessmen always had ties to the nouveau riche Irish wealthy so it is no surprise his suggestion to Rooney and Mara was taken to the table on the 2nd vote..and the NFL ended up with this IDIOT son of another wealthy NY political maven and US senator.
WE are just the everyday Jills and Joes who go about our business and lives in upstanding fashion generation after generation. THESE friggin' mutts think they OWN us. This is why the Scumbagdell has squeezed NFL fans nearly dry as we attempt to quench the love we have for our game. Well, it's not OUR game anymore. It's media, real estate, concessions, ad revenue and god knows whatever else these greedy scum dream up.

More legal issues and infighting amongst the NFL Capos. I wonder who the leak was? Pretty detailed account of a behind doors meeting. They're imploding. Hahahahaha

They're also under the impression that Mac is benefitting from amazing offensive line play, so I don't think they're watching too much tape
Tape? They apparently didn't even watch the contest their own team had with the Patriots "amazing" offensive line.

I've been telling all you Pats fans since 2006 that this Scumbagdell was a Manchurian candidate commissioner voted in by the old money teams (Giants, Steelers) at the behest of Leon Hess. They HATED the idea that some new money interloper bought into their exclusive club and Hess was rankled that some younger generation Jew was moving into a division he considered his. Old school Jewish businessmen always had ties to the nouveau riche Irish wealthy so it is no surprise his suggestion to Rooney and Mara was taken to the table on the 2nd vote..and the NFL ended up with this IDIOT son of another wealthy NY political maven and US senator.
WE are just the everyday Jills and Joes who go about our business and lives in upstanding fashion generation after generation. THESE friggin' mutts think they OWN us. This is why the Scumbagdell has squeezed NFL fans nearly dry as we attempt to quench the love we have for our game. Well, it's not OUR game anymore. It's media, real estate, concessions, ad revenue and god knows whatever else these greedy scum dream up.
Legend.

For the time being, the Texans and Watson took care of the situation for him, so Goodell hasn’t done anything. AB might have avoided punishment if he has avoided tweeting/harassing/threatening.

Keep being true to yourself bro!

It was the lack of a lawsuit that did Brown in. The artist (not the original personal trainer) chose not to use the painfully slow legal process, and instead had her high profile lawyer (who was representing Christine Blasey Ford a year earlier) work directly with the NFL to expedite the investigation into texts that were deemed threatening.

So Goodell put AB on this exempt list when he was supposed to be a key contributor to the Pats team in 2019? But he hasn't done anything like that with DW. We know the claims against AB were BS. These claims by 22 women don't seem to be. Is this yet another example of Goodell playing favorites?
AB wasn't on the exempt list, I believe teams were worried he would be. AB blew it here, not on Goodell, Kraft, Belichick or anyone else.

The message was like Watson repeatedly asking if she was ok repeatedly apologizing and repeatedly asking if they were cool.
This is the woman who allegedly immediately called her friend and sister and told them Watson attacked her at his place.

This is the most damning of everything I read about the situation.
To me the most damning thing is that most people who use a massage therapist find one or two and stick with them, this dude went after dozens! Then the M.O. is the same, "accidental" contact or exposure. As the Jenny Vrentas article linked earlier says, three of the ten criminal cases involve allegations of sexual assault with penetration i.e. rape. Very serious stuff, with a pattern of behavior suggesting it was no one-off thing.

Miami sure seems to be playing with fire. Even if he manages to beat these charges, how do you know this guy is going to be able to resist temptation in the future? How would you like to trade three high draft choices, have the guy sit till the current charges get resolved praying none lead to jail time, then put him in your uniform and all over your sales material, then shortly thereafter have some new rape allegation pop up?

Kind of amazing that NFL teams are even talking about trading this guy. Any normal businessman would see this guy is too hot to handle, but NFL owners seem to think they can do whatever they want whenever they want to do it. Truly mafia-level stuff.

To me the most damning thing is that most people who use a massage therapist find one or two and stick with them, this dude went after dozens! Then the M.O. is the same, "accidental" contact or exposure. As the Jenny Vrentas article linked earlier says, three of the ten criminal cases involve allegations of sexual assault with penetration i.e. rape. Very serious stuff, with a pattern of behavior suggesting it was no one-off thing.

Miami sure seems to be playing with fire. Even if he manages to beat these charges, how do you know this guy is going to be able to resist temptation in the future? How would you like to trade three high draft choices, have the guy sit till the current charges get resolved praying none lead to jail time, then put him in your uniform and all over your sales material, then shortly thereafter have some new rape allegation pop up?

Kind of amazing that NFL teams are even talking about trading this guy. Any normal businessman would see this guy is too hot to handle, but NFL owners seem to think they can do whatever they want whenever they want to do it. Truly mafia-level stuff.
I think If there is any reason for NFL being skeptical regarding the dozens of allegations is the resume, background of this guy.

I honestly doubt anyone will trade for him until this is resolved. I thought Miami was crazy to try to get a deal done before the trade deadline based on the rumors. But based on this report, Miami and the Texans have basically agreed to a deal that if Watson is cleared and not suspended for a long time that they will consumate the trade. That could be July or August of next year for all we know and the deal could fall apart in the meantime. Hell, there is a chance that Watson never plays another down again in his life depending on the criminal investigation.

In hindsight, Caserio should have traded Watson before all this came out. Teams were hot on him when he said he wanted out of Houston and before all the allegations came out. Caserio could have gotten the three firsts and two seconds he wanted.

Watson can play once he is traded. Thsi notion that he can't or won't play is wrong. The Texan are "suspending" him. The Dolphins could have him suit up after the trade is made on Tuesday. The NFL has pretty much taken the stance that they will let the legal process work it's way out before any suspension would be put into effect. IF this trade goes down I would expect him to be the Dolphins starter week 9 or 10.

We shall see what happens.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back