PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you even respect Peyton Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I like to rag on Peyton as much as the next guy, but how could you not respect him as a player? The guy is a beast on the football field.

Honestly, I respect Peyton less as a person. I think the whole "aw, shucks" persona is a load of crap. The incident with the trainer at UT reeks of him being a phony, entitled piece of crap, which is what my gut tells me he is.

Look I like to rag on Peyton as much as the next guy, but how could you not respect him as a player? The guy is a beast on the football field.

Honestly, I respect Peyton less as a person. I think the whole "aw, shucks" persona is a load of crap. The incident with the trainer at UT reeks of him being a phony, entitled piece of crap, which is what my gut tells me he is.

I can't help feeling the same way about him and that incident. I wasn't there but don't believe Manning on that incident. I believe the written testimonies of the athletes that saw him do it. And I believe that girl trainer. IMO he ran a smear campaign against that girl. And UT was disgraceful in bailing him out. He should've apologized and left it alone. No need to drag that girl through the mud years later in your book.

I can't help feeling the same way about him and that incident. I wasn't there but don't believe Manning on that incident. I believe the written testimonies of the athletes that saw him do it. And I believe that girl trainer. IMO he ran a smear campaign against that girl. And UT was disgraceful in bailing him out. He should've apologized and left it alone. No need to drag that girl through the mud years later in your book.

My feelings exactly - well said.

This thread is ridiculous. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest QBs of all time, certainly in the top 5 of the modern era. I prefer Brady as much as the next guy, but come on. You just look ridiculous making a thread like this.

For instance. Brady clearly had the upper-hand in the game Sunday night, he just threw a much better ball in those conditions. We've all commented on how Manning threw a lot of ducks and all that. But Manning deserves some props for that game-tying drive. Into the wind, some very tight coverage. That was just a really nice drive.

ALSO: Yes I'm sure Manning is a phony and that incident with the trainer is pretty screwed up. That said we could probably find a lot of screwed up stories from entitled star athletes all over the country, so while that's disconcerting, it also is what it is.

ALSO: Yes I'm sure Manning is a phony and that incident with the trainer is pretty screwed up. That said we could probably find a lot of screwed up stories from entitled star athletes all over the country, so while that's disconcerting, it also is what it is.

That maybe the case, but it doesn't make it right. But if Tom Brady gets his character attacked based on his love-life, hair, clothes, acting abilities in primetime television, I don't think mentioning the UT incident should be off limits for Peyton Manning. Let's face it, the media likes this guy, the country likes this guy, the persona and image he's created is valuable - he's generally above any real criticism.

He has always given us great games. I always look forward to when we play him because it's never a letdown.

The title "do you 'even' respect PM?" reveals the arrogance - and immaturity - of the member who created this thread because he/she assumes that the majority of the Patsfans on this site are as clueless as him/her in being unable to appreciate a great player and have such disdain.

Glad that nearly all of us don't think that way.

For the record, yes, I greatly respect PM as a player (and like his ads too ;)) even though I hate the mediots potrayal of him as a demi-god, for that status belongs only to the Bronco's former qb who was let go for PM. :D

Wish Kontra or someone who is a member of the Broncos fans-site asks the similar question about Brady.

Should be revealing to know what the Broncos fans think of him although I suspect that their praise/respect would not be as lavish and widespread as ours is for PM.

Wish Kontra or someone who is a member of the Broncos fans-site asks the similar question about Brady.

Should be revealing to know what the Broncos fans think of him although I suspect that their praise/respect would not be as lavish and widespread as ours is for PM.

Why bother? They'll come back with the same old "Tuck rule" and "Spygate invalidates Brady's Super Bowls" carp we've been hearing ad nauseum for the past 5 years plus.

I really respect a lot him and in the next future will appreciate very much the rivalry that we are now living between Brady and Manning

without doubt one of the best qb ever: great respect for a great rival

of course i love when we WIN against him

Is Peyton Manning is a GOAT than so is Dan Fouts.

stop disrespecting peyton. Peyton is a great player and he instantly changes any team to a winning team. put peyton to jags, texans or any other bottom feeding teams. he makes the team instantly better.

yes, he is not perfect. yes, he is not better than brady. but he is still top 5 all time. you can't deny his success and his ability to dissect defenses.

put peyton in that stacked niners team in 80's. i'm sure he would've won multiple SBs.

remember this dude is pushing 40 with 4 neck surgeries, but he is putting 07 brady numbers. you can't disrespect that no matter how much you hate him.

but of course, he is no brady. nobody is.

The title "do you 'even' respect PM?" reveals the arrogance - and immaturity - of the member who created this thread because he/she assumes that the majority of the Patsfans on this site are as clueless as him/her in being unable to appreciate a great player and have such disdain.

Glad that nearly all of us don't think that way.

For the record, yes, I greatly respect PM as a player (and like his ads too ;)) even though I hate the mediots potrayal of him as a demi-god, for that status belongs only to the Bronco's former qb who was let go for PM. :D

Your wish is my command...

Honest question: Do you respect Tom Brady?

For some reason we tend to forget about the transgressions of athletes and other celebrities. Most folks probably don't even know it happened or even care. I was wondering when it would rise to the surface.

It's too bad that the young lady he offended didn't receive the same respect that some are offering Manning in this thread.

OJ was a great RB, but should we be asked to respect him because he could run with a football? Or Aaron Hernandez because he could catch and run with a football?

Man, I am sorry OP but what the he11 kind of thread is this.

Yes, he is a great competitor.

Yes the media love talking him up and down.

...but come on man. As one poster said he is no Brady but not a lot of people are.

As a football fan, he is very respected..

i've been everywhere -20+ states past 4 years.

outside of Michigan, cali, and NE - majority of people i've met hate brady. they are so butthurt.

manning on the other hand is liked by almost everyone i'v met.

i think brady looking like GQ model is their biggest beef.

i've been everywhere -20+ states past 4 years.

outside of Michigan, cali, and NE - majority of people i've met hate brady. they are so butthurt.

manning on the other hand is liked by almost everyone i'v met.

i think brady looking like GQ model is their biggest beef.

I'd think that would be third behind beating their teams all the time, and the whole super model wife thing.

stop disrespecting peyton. Peyton is a great player and he instantly changes any team to a winning team. put peyton to jags, texans or any other bottom feeding teams. he makes the team instantly better.

yes, he is not perfect. yes, he is not better than brady. but he is still top 5 all time. you can't deny his success and his ability to dissect defenses.

put peyton in that stacked niners team in 80's. i'm sure he would've won multiple SBs.

remember this dude is pushing 40 with 4 neck surgeries, but he is putting 07 brady numbers. you can't disrespect that no matter how much you hate him.

but of course, he is no brady. nobody is.

I agree put both Brady and Manning on those SF teams and each wins 10 SBs. Imagine Brady with Jerry Rice in his prime.

Well, at least I know I don't need to turn on ESPN anymore to get my weekly dose of Manning ball washing. I can just come to Patsfans.com.

All of you are mostly wrong.

Peyton isn't one of the greatest of all time. That statement is a media inspired joke. You put too much into the regular season. The regular season means squat, because every single season there are so many teams with atrocious defenses. Play offs and post season performances is what matters, and is where Peyton has been exposed over and over and over again.

The responses in this thread are disappointing, and pretty easily disputed, dismantled, and destroyed.

The guys ONE Superbowl ring came with a post season performance of 3 touchdowns and 8 interceptions? 7 interceptions?

Give me a break.

Rob Ford is mayor of Toronto. He's a lying crackhead that utilizes public resources for personal pursuits. He's a drunk. He uses his cellphone while he drives and then flips off people who tell him he shouldn't. Etc. (He's literally made too many transgressions to post, and they come on an almost if not daily basis. He can't even hire a fitness instructor who isn't dinged for trafficking roids.)

But he hasn't risen to the top of his profession. The only sane argument is to say that his performance puts him near the bottom of the list of people who have been mayors of cities. Getting elected does not constitute rising to the top of a profession. Demonstrated competence and being selected for the most difficult work in your field based on that demonstrated competence does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back