Reaction score
ROSTER
Judon, Hightower, Bentley, Van Noy
King, Perkins, Munson, Tavai, Collins

VARIOUS RESERVE LISTS
Uche, Langi, McCrone, McMillan
Thurman, Jennings, Hall,

Um. Enough Linebackers for what?

Many of these players don't even play remotely the same position. Additionally, some are out for the year. Your question doesn't make a lot of sense without context and meaningful analysis. Listing player names doesn't tell us anything at all.

ROSTER
Judon, Hightower, Bentley, Van Noy
King, Perkins, Munson, Tavai, Collins

VARIOUS RESERVE LISTS
Uche, Langi, McCrone, McMillan
Thurman, Jennings, Hall,
What is your point?
Btw king is not a lb Who is Thurman? Do you mean the DT Nick Thurman who is on Atlanta’s practice squad?.

They also only have one true defensive end on the roster in Wise. LB'ers, DB's and WR's are like socket wrenches... what good is a socket wrench if you have one sized socket? Opposing teams have the same amount and varied sized offensive skill players, you need to play matchups.

The Pats don't use a big guy like Stephon Gilmore to cover Tyreek, they used smaller super fast Jon Jones. Also massive guys like Carl Davis only play 20% of snaps on run downs... players like LB'ers and DB's play a lot of snaps. They get tired, keeping them fresh means better pass rush, better coverage, better defense. That's why that 2019 defense played an obscene amount of defenders over the course of one season.

Every tool has a job. A kicker is unimportant in relation to the QB, until you need a 45 yarder with 2 seconds on the clock to win the Super Bowl... then they're crucial.

Nick Thurman, DL, on injured reserve.

We actually have no LBs on the practice squad right now.

Bunch on IR though: Jennings, Langi, Uche, McMillan. McGrone (NFI). Hall is PUP.

Funny, earlier in the year, people were wondering if he had enough good LBs to even put on the field. Some of these guys are special teamers only or not activated. Considering the fact, the Pats do run 3-4 from time to time. I am not concerned that the Pats have so many LBs.

Nick Thurman, DL, on injured reserve.

We actually have no LBs on the practice squad right now.

Bunch on IR though: Jennings, Langi, Uche, McMillan. McGrone (NFI). Hall is PUP.

I think they have to make a decision about McGrone next week. I think they either need to activate him or shut him down for the season.

Um. Enough Linebackers for what?

Many of these players don't even play remotely the same position. Additionally, some are out for the year. Your question doesn't make a lot of sense without context and meaningful analysis. Listing player names doesn't tell us anything at all.

I thought it was bizarre as well, especially given how well this defense is playing.

I'm not sure but the question may have been asked because of the Zach Cunningham release.

We gotta start accepting that edge is its own position outside of DL/LB. This is an example of how meaningless the latter two position labels can be when you conflate them with edge players.

They have a solid vet core with Hightower, Judon, Collins, and Van Noy. When Collins comes back Bentley should go to the bench or play special teams.

No.

No we do not have enough linebackers.

so there your question is answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back