PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Pats go big and trade away a lot of draft picks for Watson or Wilson now?

Agreed

Do we really think Bill is going to do him dirty and toss him aside for Watson or Jimmy G? Last season clearly showed that Bill & Cam have a strangely close coach player relationship judging by the fact that he was putrid and he continued to stick by him and then proceed to resign him.

Only thing that makes sense to me is they draft a QB and have him sit behind Cam for part or all of the season depending on Cam’s performance. Trading up for the QB seems to be what makes sense.
I think if Bill can upgrade the qb position he’d have no second thoughts of doing cam “dirty”. He doesn’t owe him anything, he has a responsibility of putting the best team together not making sure he doesn’t hurt his feelings.

I think if Bill can upgrade the qb position he’d have no second thoughts of doing cam “dirty”. He doesn’t owe him anything, he has a responsibility of putting the best team together not making sure he doesn’t hurt his feelings.
Sure didn't feel that way last season.

It is probably a pipe dream that anyone trades for Watson or Wilson, but now the Pats are really just a franchise QB away from being a Super Bowl contender for the next two to three years at least. Do they mortgage the future to get that QB? The Pats would have to give up a lot to get one of them for sure.
How about we let the team play a few games to see how all these new players gell together and see if they get the playbook or are a proper fit in the system before we declare them winners of the Lombardi in March. LMAO

Anyway, you said in the FAcy thread you didn't want Watson traded to the Patriots because of "contracts," NBA, blah, blah, blah.

Nope. Wilson really isn’t in the market, and Caserio would get run out of town in five seconds if he dealt Watson to NE.

Just maybe that was their plan.

“A nick, what do you think about heading down to Huston for a year, sell me Watson for pennies on the dollar, and we’ll bring you back and I’ll let you take over my full GM reigns once you are fired shortly after”

How about we let the team play a few games to see how all these new players gell together and see if they get the playbook or are a proper fit in the system before we declare them winners of the Lombardi in March. LMAO

Anyway, you said in the FAcy thread you didn't want Watson traded to the Patriots because of "contracts," NBA, blah, blah, blah.
I’m with you, i think we need to pump the break a little. As of right now, I think we are not even the best team in the AFC East.

Agreed

Do we really think Bill is going to do him dirty and toss him aside for Watson or Jimmy G? Last season clearly showed that Bill & Cam have a strangely close coach player relationship judging by the fact that he was putrid and he continued to stick by him and then proceed to resign him.

Only thing that makes sense to me is they draft a QB and have him sit behind Cam for part or all of the season depending on Cam’s performance. Trading up for the QB seems to be what makes sense.

this seems to be the most likely scenario. BUT bill is not one for sentimentality. if Watson or Jimmy G springs free and are realistic to come here he would have no qualms about bringing them in.

its just, right now both options are unrealistic. the most realistic option is to trade up, get a guy in the draft and have him sit behind Cam Newton.

I have seen Jones play in person. I do not view him as a definite franchise QB. I think he MIGHT turn out to be A solid game manager. The only sure fire guy in the draft at QB to me is Lawrence. The rest ALL have question marks of some kind.
Mond or Newman have as much chance at stardom IMO as Justin Fields.
Mills has a better chance at being a franchise QB imho.....Jones ceiling is Tannehill, no thanks.....if you can’t get QB4, I’d rather mills or mond or Newman or even trask than Jones

Mills has a better chance at being a franchise QB imho.....Jones ceiling is Tannehill, no thanks.....if you can’t get QB4, I’d rather mills or mond or Newman or even trask than Jones
I wouldn’t be mad to have the Titans version of Tannehill. I think Jones will be a better QB that a lot of people think. Where caught up in today athletic QB trend and if a guy doesn’t fit that mold is directly labeled as bust. I think he has intangible. He is smart, he can read defense well and is pretty accurate with the football.

If Jets take Wilson them for me it’s Fields Lance in the first
Mond Mills in the second Newman or Trask in the 4th

Just like a homo, thinking all men are homos. LMAO

Nothing homosexual about it. You just seem a little obsessed with me. I was just mocking you.

And how about not using homophobic slurs? I am not a gay, but my niece is and I don't appreciate homophobic slurs.

He doesn't say anything useful...just that the Pats have $35-40 million dollars of cap space (which I don't think is true) and that their latest moves may convince Watson to approve of a trade here. The key word is "may." He's guessing the Pats being aggressive so far in free agency means they'll be aggressive or at least inquire into Watson.

Thanks a lot.

I mean the biggest issue is not convincing Watson but the Texans.

While the Jets and Miami have nice assets to trade we have absolutely nothing and odds are all future picks we can offer would be less valuable because we'd be a true contender with Watson at the helm.

The logistics just dont add up. Our best chance is that Easterby gets a vision in his sleep that trading him to us is the way.

Nothing homosexual about it. You just seem a little obsessed with me. I was just mocking you.

And how about not using homophobic slurs? I am not a gay, but my niece is and I don't appreciate homophobic slurs.
Obsessed with you? I made a comment about one of your moronic posts. It's a forum. I've only made a couple of comments on your posts in weeks. What are you talking about?

You also claim @KontradictioN is obsessed with you, lmao. Do you go around thinking men are obsessed with you? That's some latent homosexual thing going on there dude.

I support and respect your niece's right to do whatever she wants with her sexuality. I'm sure she's a fine young lady. Stop bringing her into this. You're the one that went there with your avoidance to address my comment. Just tell me to gfm or something instead of this "Obsessed" nonsense.

Obsessed with you? I made a comment about one of your moronic posts. It's a forum. I've only made a couple of comments on your posts in weeks. What are you talking about?

You also claim @KontradictioN is obsessed with you, lmao. Do you go around thinking men are obsessed with you? That's some latent homosexual thing going on there dude.

I support and respect your niece's right to do whatever she wants with her sexuality. I'm sure she's a fine young lady. Stop bringing her into this. You're the one that went there with your avoidance to address my comment. Just tell me to gfm or something instead of this "Obsessed" nonsense.

First nothing I said was moronic. This thread is asking whether the Pats would trade for Watson or Wilson and you seem to have a problem that I said in another thread that I am against teams giving into demands to be traded like Watson is demanding because it could turn the NFL into the NBA. Two different things. Whether the Texans trade Watson or not has no bearing on whether I think they should. I started this thread after I heard Zo and Beatle talking about just to bring something to debate. I said in my OP that I

Second, you seem to have to post a laughing "like" at most of my posts. Clearly the intent is that you think anything I post is a joke. Many of them are the most innocuous posts. So yes, you are obsessed with me. If I wasn't in your head, you would just move past my posts and ignore them.

Either way, I am done on this topic.

Thanks a lot.

I mean the biggest issue is not convincing Watson but the Texans.

While the Jets and Miami have nice assets to trade we have absolutely nothing and odds are all future picks we can offer would be less valuable because we'd be a true contender with Watson at the helm.

The logistics just dont add up. Our best chance is that Easterby gets a vision in his sleep that trading him to us is the way.

Miguel's cap space is updated to about $29 million, not including Trent Brown ($11 million) and rookies ($5-6 million). So it appears the Pats, as of now, only have about $15 million or so in cap space. If they are going to get Watson or Wilson, they have to free up $25 million or so minimum and that would put us right at the cap. I think Bill goes with a draft pick at QB to compete with Newton, but that's just a guess...

It is probably a pipe dream that anyone trades for Watson or Wilson, but now the Pats are really just a franchise QB away from being a Super Bowl contender for the next two to three years at least. Do they mortgage the future to get that QB? The Pats would have to give up a lot to get one of them for sure.

Yes.

Miguel's cap space is updated to about $29 million, not including Trent Brown ($11 million) and rookies ($5-6 million). So it appears the Pats, as of now, only have about $15 million or so in cap space. If they are going to get Watson or Wilson, they have to free up $25 million or so minimum and that would put us right at the cap. I think Bill goes with a draft pick at QB to compete with Newton, but that's just a guess...
I may be wrong but I don't want to see us spend a bunch of draft picks and a ton of money for Watson or Wilson. I think I'd rather have us draft one of the currently available college guys and let him learn for awhile. I know it would cost some picks to move up for one of them but not as much for Watson or Wilson.

rookies should only be 2-3 million, for what it's worth......more trades/cuts probably/possible to free up more space, too

i do agree on the rookie though

The rookies wont cost more than 3m (rule of 51) and Brown's contract will also not hit this years cap with more than 5-6M with a lot of NLTBE incentives.

Money is not an issue.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back