PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DJ Fluker anyone?

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was kind of surprised that a thread about his workout has been newsworthy enough to have his own thread. I kind of understand why. He was the 11th pick back in 2013. He's bounced around after an initial 4 year stint with LAC. So when I first saw this info on the twitter portion of the site, I ignored it too. HOWEVER, in one of the feeds it showed a NEW DJ Fluker after a 40lb weight reduction, and it was pretty impressive. Take a look yourself.

I mean he hasn't done much the last few years, but he's a body I wouldn't mind seeing in camp.

Started out as a tackle, then mostly played guard as best I can tell.

I mean he hasn't done much the last few years, but he's a body I wouldn't mind seeing in camp.

Speaking literally there I assume, because that's quite a body. :)

Not sure what body type I expected from the video but it wasn't that.

holy crap

give him the vet minimum.

So he weighed roughly 340 when he played, so he's still heavy enough, if he's retained his strength.

And he made some money. Fluker, 32, is a former first-round pick of the Chargers back in 2013. He played out his four-year, $11,402,498 contract before the Chargers elected to pick up his fifth-year option worth $8.821 million for the 2017 season.

The Princess Bride Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

He's a fluke and a trap.
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Looking at his wiki page, he seems to sign on teams' practice squad for a few days and then gets cut or IR'd for the past few years. (I haven't seen him play, this thread is the first I've heard his name)

DJ Jazzy Jeff not available? I hear he lost weight too

If we’re searching, why not a shot putter with a unique blend of size, speed, and strength? Ryan Crouser, the world record holder.

From the link:
In 2019, Wired broke down Crouser's skills, noting that at 6-foot-7, 315 lb, Crouser can bench press 225 lb 50 times, squat 700 lb, all while running a 4.8-second 40-meter dash. It's a unique combination of power and athleticism rarely found in any sport.

If we’re searching, why not a shot putter with a unique blend of size, speed, and strength? Ryan Crouser, the world record holder.

From the link:
In 2019, Wired broke down Crouser's skills, noting that at 6-foot-7, 315 lb, Crouser can bench press 225 lb 50 times, squat 700 lb, all while running a 4.8-second 40-meter dash. It's a unique combination of power and athleticism rarely found in any sport.

I seem to recall reading an old football article about how Al Davis tried using Sumo wrestlers on the OL in Oakland...back in the day...

It didn't work out...the guys were strong...and had great leverage...but football was an entirely different sport.

I seem to recall reading an old football article about how Al Davis tried using Sumo wrestlers on the OL in Oakland...back in the day...

It didn't work out...the guys were strong...and had great leverage...but football was an entirely different sport.
I seem to recall the Patriots tried using a wrestler on the OL, with some success. Remember Stephen Neal?

Stephen Neal's unique journey to the NFL has proven successful

”In fact, if someone would have told Neal five years ago that he would be the owner of three Super Bowl rings and a leader on the offensive line for the defending Super Bowl champions, he probably would have laughed and called them crazy. Neal is one of just a few players in the NFL who never played college football. He was a Division I champion wrestler at Cal State-Bakersfield, and had aspirations to be an Olympic wrestler, not an NFL player. But with some good luck and a lot of hard work, Neal not only made it to the NFL, but is carving out an impressive career.”

Tying it to Fluker, Neal was 6’4” 305, comparable to Fluker.’s stats according to Chevy: 6’5” 300.

This has TE / 6th OL all over it... pretend were Nike, and just do it...

From the link:
olympic track and field athletes are loaded with roids... think he'd be able to pass an nfl piss test?

I seem to recall the Patriots tried using a wrestler on the OL, with some success. Remember Stephen Neal?

Stephen Neal's unique journey to the NFL has proven successful

”In fact, if someone would have told Neal five years ago that he would be the owner of three Super Bowl rings and a leader on the offensive line for the defending Super Bowl champions, he probably would have laughed and called them crazy. Neal is one of just a few players in the NFL who never played college football. He was a Division I champion wrestler at Cal State-Bakersfield, and had aspirations to be an Olympic wrestler, not an NFL player. But with some good luck and a lot of hard work, Neal not only made it to the NFL, but is carving out an impressive career.”

Tying it to Fluker, Neal was 6’4” 305, comparable to Fluker.’s stats according to Chevy: 6’5” 300.
AND if Neal hadn't been injured on the first series of the 2007 superbowl team. We'd have another superbowl and the only fully undefeated season in the 19 game era. Not like that phoney Miami team who just had to win 14 in a row for their undefeated season.

Yes I am STILL that bitter.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back