PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division Round Playoffs: Baltimore Ravens at Denver Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Divisonal round breakdown: Ravens at Broncos

• if we end up playing DEN, it's too bad we don't have a guy with Smith's speed and leaping ability to constantly burn Bailey
  • both of these teams are frightening in small spurts, but neither seems to be able to take control of a game

OK
It's my birthday and I gotta leave & go out to dinnah so hang in there and document all the Manning Face episodes for me folks
As a fellow old coot says, "Hasta la vista!"

Last edited:

OH LOOK WHO IT IS

Your post doesn't make any sense. Get some new material.

lol i just like pointing out how you guys cry ref ref ref, then something good happens and all of the sudden you forget the whole "oh well the evil refs will make so and so win"

it's doubly funny because all season you've claimed the refs are helping ravens AND denver

come on, that is ******* hilarious

I've never understood this logic, personally. So, we don't want to play the Broncos on the road but we want to play the Ravens, who (could) beat the Broncos on the road?

Yeah, the Ravens receivers are great but so are Decker and Thomas. The key is that Smith and Boldin can be neutralized by controlling Flacco. Manning, on the other hand, will be tough and the Broncos O-line is also better than Baltimore's.

No one's going to be an easy matchup at this stage. I'm not looking for any freebies. But presumably we would have something like Talib on Bolden with McCourty giving Dennard safety help over the top on Smith to guard against the deep ball. Very different form last time.

Right now we need to be more worried about the texans and beating them first.

This game makes it more evident that the winner of tomorrow's game is the BEST team in the AFC. Denver, the city, may be the great equalizer, but Denver, the team, is not the best team in the AFC.

Last edited:

did that td have anything to do with your guys 'evil ref' theory?

I don't want to start fights, but I always wonder. Do people truly believe that the NFL directs the refs to make a team win? That's tin foil hat crazy. That's just message board banter, right? And if one really believes it, why would they be an NFL fan? Who would care about a fixed sport?

Well I'm currently picking up my jaw from the ground after my foot jumped right into my mouth inexplicably.

So you're saying you went all "Rex Ryan" on us?

pretty sure we all wanna see peyton choke today :D

Ravens defensive coordinator finally figured out that you have to send more than four guys to at least make PM rush something. Stick with it.

Bailey getting lit up by Smith.

Wow. Just wow.

Maybe there is something to the Flacco chuck and hope strategy.

It has worked so far.

Broncos managed the last series of the last drive horribly. Baltimore should not have had that time or field position.
Between Boldin and Smith, and his TE's that's EXACTLY what Flacco has done the last 2 games with great success....and why not. What can go wrong. If you are lucky the receiver will catch the ball. If not odds are you'll get a flag. The worse that can happen is a pick, but you gain 40 yds of field position.

Anyone think the Ravens are going to be an easy matchup next weekend?

baltimore will be more rested, but the pats want payback from that fluke Raven win from earlier in the year. They won't be easy because our DBs are going to struggle with Torry Smith and Anquan Boldin. FLacco isn't afraid of playing in Foxboro. THen again I believe Brady can pick on the Ravens DBs, this time without Ladarius Webb.

I don't want to start fights, but I always wonder. Do people truly believe that the NFL directs the refs to make a team win? That's tin foil hat crazy. That's just message board banter, right? And if one really believes it, why would they be an NFL fan? Who would care about a fixed sport?

i don't know if anyone truly believes it, i would hope not

refs just **** up a lot

you go to any team's forum you will see their fans claim the refs love their rivals more

it's dumb as ****

lol i just like pointing out how you guys cry ref ref ref, then something good happens and all of the sudden you forget the whole "oh well the evil refs will make so and so win"

it's doubly funny because all season you've claimed the refs are helping ravens AND denver

come on, that is ******* hilarious

you're incessant trolling when your team is probably as bad as if not worse than the Jets is what is truly hilarious

I was half-listening, but did Cowher just say that the ball doesn't travel as far when kicked in Denver?

Some bad calls by John Fox out there today.

i don't have access to watch the game, but how in the hell has neither qb been sacked yet

that's unbelievable

did that td have anything to do with your guys 'evil ref' theory?

Why have you become this way? You were so pleasant. Was that just a pretense phase and now showing the true you?
Your act has completely run its course now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST