PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did I get screwed? - Brady jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes..in fact, if I were you I'd contact the Joe Kerr Consortium and ask for an appointment with the Dirty Tricks division asap. Our law department headed up by Willwy, Screwum & Howe is waiting ,writs in hand as we speak...:mad:
You're such a law abiding citizen. I was thinking more along the lines of a one way trip to the Pine Barrens or maybe that lake in Nevada from the Godfather.

2eowevd.png

Alrighty, now the guy is calling me.

Think I'm going to go to bed now and deal with this tomorrow!

Seriously? The seller pulled the "I'm a retired Marine" card over whether he'd sell a fake jersey or not? That's great & all, but so irrelevant.

It's definitely fake and I don't see how he could deny this given the blatantly obvious blue stripes missing from the jersey.

EDIT: There's a slight chance it may be real. I notice you bought a YOUTH version, correct? Sometimes in addition to the official ones, the youth jerseys come in different color combos (and are still authentic). Anyway, if I had to bet, I'd still lean towards fake, since I can't find a single official retailer online to sell a jersey in that color combo (white without blue stripes).

Last edited:
I don't like that eBay shares your mobile number with the seller.

Seriously? The seller pulled the "I'm a retired Marine" card over whether he'd sell a fake jersey or not? That's great & all, but so irrelevant.

It's definitely fake and I don't see how he could deny this given the blatantly obvious blue stripes missing from the jersey.

EDIT: There's a slight chance it may be real. I notice you bought a YOUTH version, correct? Sometimes in addition to the official ones, the youth jerseys come in different color combos (and are still authentic). Anyway, if I had to bet, I'd still lean towards fake, since I can't find a single official retailer online to sell a jersey in that color combo (white without blue stripes).

I can't either. I'd feel like a real jackass if it is real though.

Even so, he's now sent 6 emails in a span of 2 minutes, called me, asked me to call him, etc.

I just want a replica Brady away jersey. :/

And now all the people here are generally aware of another man buying fake jerseys, we are in big FFFFFF trouble!!!

As for the $54, it didn't seem too good to be true to me. I just bought on the online Pro Shop and my total came to $60.01, albeit with a coupon that gave me $9.44 off. I'm a pretty short guy, so Youth XL is perfect for me, which is a bit cheaper.

Anyways, while I have you on this topic... Can you guys tell me if I've been an idiot once (or twice) before this?

2rx9m6v.jpg

auhx11.jpg

28vr6l3.jpg

13z39km.jpg

ifqxe9.jpg

1zp4msx.jpg

9ko3np.jpg

The Red one Looks good.
http://www.teamstores.com/New-England-Patriots-s/7603.htm

Red Jersey.jpg Red Jersey.jpg

"It doesn't matter if they are authentic, that was never a requirement."
-Dan Nash NFL lawyer

OK they could have come from an Asian manufacturer but for him to ship in a bunch of fake jersey's from Asia would be really risky for him to do.

Personally I doubt they are fake or if they are fake, he may not know that.

I would follow his advice and verify the tag as he suggested. That would clear things up quickly.

I order parts etc... from Asia 2 or 3 times a year in large quantities and I would say 25% of the time I have to call customs and explain what each Item is and what it is used for. Additionally I have to submit custom declaration forms etc... It is not something I would risk jail time for or even a fine. Too risky.

Below are some pics I found from various Asian manufactures.

http://www.safestchina.com/nike-nfl-new-england-patriots-12-brady-white-elite-jersey-id-516562.htm

Brady Fake.jpg

Just in Case you have a kid named Brownzee. :)
Brownzee Jersey.jpg

http://duckbillproducts.trustpass.a...0379537/Football_uniforms_unique_uniform.html

Gronkowski Fake.jpg

Custom Saints Jersey.jpg

I read somewhere that the companies overseas that make the authentic sports clothing also make the knock offs. These are usually of pretty good quality and hard to tell from the real ones. There are other companies overseas that just do knockoffs. These are usually poor quality and easier to spot. As a Canadian, I go to Maine once in awhile to do some shopping. I found lots of cheap Patriots clothing in a discount clothing store. Most of it was crap but there was some items that were of really good quality at dirt cheap prices. I could have bought them and sold them on E-bay for much higher prices but the thought never crossed my mind.

Edit: It wasn't exactly a discount clothing store, It was a discount store that sold discount clothing along with other numerous items.

Here's what I think. The guy selling these is being honest about what he sold you. He listed everything what the tag says right?

I think the misunderstanding is that you were expecting something else. Tjmaxx is probably not an authorized reseller. It's probably the same thing when buying branded clothes at an outlet mall.

If you gave one penny to the MFL, you got screwed

I read somewhere that the companies overseas that make the authentic sports clothing also make the knock offs. These are usually of pretty good quality and hard to tell from the real ones. There are other companies overseas that just do knockoffs. These are usually poor quality and easier to spot.

Yeah, this is true. However, the NFL has always vigorously protected its IP, and the sites that sold the third-shift authentics have, in recent years, been hit by cease-and-desists.

Tarajersey was probably the most well-known, and I never received a bad product from them - NFL, NBA, or NHL jersey. From what I understand, they were the factory that was producing the authentic jerseys for the NFL. I'm sure the factory is still selling, but I don't know the website anymore since Tarajersey went down.

As for the topic at hand, I think the guy is probably telling the truth.

I've bought knock offs on aliexpress.com before and most people wouldn't know it's a knock off until I point it out to them. I love the ad the NFL airs about counterfeit jerseys, make them cheaper and people wouldn't buy the knockoffs, lol...

LOL. So because he is a former Marine and a cop, he can't sell fake ****?

I am not 100% sold it is a fake. The NFL has allowed NIKE to produce replicas like this before, where the jersey is plain compared to the actual Jersey design. They are mush more common in the youth lines. I can't find this version on the NFL site, but that makes sense considering the seller claims he got them at TJ Maxx, they are probably last years Jerseys.

http://www.nflshop.com/New_England_...m_Brady_Pro_Line_White_Super_Bowl_XLIX_Jersey

http://www.nflshop.com/New_England_...and_Patriots_Tom_Brady_Pink_Bubble_Gum_Jersey

These both fit into the same MSRP range as the Ebay Jersey. I wouldn't be prepared to say that the jersey is real. However I think it is entirely plausible that his story is true. If it is then you simply didn't pay attention to what you were buying. If he is offering a refund I would drop the ebay complaint and accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes