PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help me decide on whose jersey I should wear for the 2024 season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player's jersey should I buy?

• Total voters
Cardona had a 41 mph snap and was one of the few players to be drafted as a pure longsnapper in history. He got **** on this year but he was pretty goddamn consistent at a job that demands consistency.

Myself - if he's still on the team, I want a Judon jersey bad. Or Gonzalez. Or Barmore. Or White. Or M. Jones. Or Douglas (if he continues to improve)

Too many damn jerseys :(

Cardona had a 41 mph snap and was one of the few players to be drafted as a pure longsnapper in history. He got **** on this year but he was pretty goddamn consistent at a job that demands consistency.

Myself - if he's still on the team, I want a Judon jersey bad. Or Gonzalez. Or Barmore. Or White. Or M. Jones. Or Douglas (if he continues to improve)

Too many damn jerseys :(
There's no one on the team as it stands today that I would by a jersey of. It's going to take a couple of years until the next elite Pats player emerges. I'm not sold on Gonzo since he only played 4 games.

There's no one on the team as it stands today that I would by a jersey of. It's going to take a couple of years until the next elite Pats player emerges. I'm not sold on Gonzo since he only played 4 games.

Definitely understand - that's why I'm skittish on Douglas the most. However, I do remember even Tyreek saying "Gonzalez is for real."

Hoping he can keep it up, but I also remember McCourty's first season vs. the following years at CB.

I started buying Patriots jerseys in 1997 to wear on game days. I started with a Drew Bledsoe authentic royal blue home jersey (yes, Flying Elvii on shoulders...). Then in 2002, after Bledsoe was traded...I decided to roll with a Troy Brown replica home blue jersey for two reasons...he at the time was the longest tenured Patriot...and I was living in CA where it was too hot for authentic jerseys. After Troy Brown retired (after refusing to sign with the Jete if I might add...), I had moved to Boston...so I bought a Tedy Bruschi authentic home blue jersey because at the time he was the longest tenured player and also because it was colder. After Bruschi retired and I moved back to CA again...I went with a red Kevin Faulk jersey...because longest tenured. Then when Faulk retired...I went with two Brady jerseys...a gray neutral replica...and a white road replica for a long time. Then when Brady left, I bought a Slater blue replica...again because he was the longest tenured. Now Slater has retired...

Do I roll with a David Andrews or Joe Cardona jersey?

Technically, Joe Cardona is the longest tenured Patriot because he was drafted whereas Andrews was an UDFA.....but on September 10th, 2015...David Andrews snapped the ball on the Patriots opening drive of the game (played 61 snaps that day)...and Cardona only played 9 snaps. In other words, David Andrews has played more snaps and been more critical to the Patriots' success... but Cardona was probably a Patriot at least 24-48 hours longer (assume UDFA's were signed 1-2 days after the draft with Cardona being a day 3 pick in 2015).

What say yall?
What about gonzo? Judon? Peppers? I know thier is a lot of turnover on the team..

Gonzo? Judon? Barmore? Peppers?

Gonzo? Judon? Barmore? Peppers?
Only played four games. Only has one year left and on the wrong side of 30. One good season. One year left on his contract and also approaching 30.

Only played four games. Only has one year left and on the wrong side of 30. One good season. One year left on his contract and also approaching 30.
Ok. But they are arguably the 2 best players on the entire team. Judon is at his position still elite. Gonzo was playing at an all pro level prior to his injury as a rookie.

Ok. But they are arguably the 2 best players on the entire team. Judon is at his position still elite. Gonzo was playing at an all pro level prior to his injury as a rookie.
He still only played 4 games. I don't care if he played like the second coming of Ty Law with 5 pick sixes. He only played 4 games. Maybe he has a durability problem that will hamstring his career. We don't know. He hasn't even played a full season yet.

He still only played 4 games. I don't care if he played like the second coming of Ty Law with 5 pick sixes. He only played 4 games. Maybe he has a durability problem that will hamstring his career. We don't know. He hasn't even played a full season yet.
Ok I get your point. However they are still worthy of a jersey being worn.. 4 games yes I agree. Personally I saw enough in 4 games to know the kid can play. He was ranked in the top 5 heading into week 4.. but I get your point. Screenshot_20240213_131715_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would go with Mac Jones, # 10….. I feel like he’s going to really have a great bounce back season next year… A lot of upside

I would go with Mac Jones, # 10….. I feel like he’s going to really have a great bounce back season next year… A lot of upside
Were you saying this seriously or joking?

Sorry fellas, I forgot the RLKAG option...

My bad...

I guess RLKAG would look a bit weird :haha:

You know something... it would be an absolutely revelation if that were to happen.. I can't say I'm not intrigued if he could.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back