PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Help me decide on whose jersey I should wear for the 2024 season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player's jersey should I buy?

• Total voters
I started buying Patriots jerseys in 1997 to wear on game days. I started with a Drew Bledsoe authentic royal blue home jersey (yes, Flying Elvii on shoulders...). Then in 2002, after Bledsoe was traded...I decided to roll with a Troy Brown replica home blue jersey for two reasons...he at the time was the longest tenured Patriot...and I was living in CA where it was too hot for authentic jerseys. After Troy Brown retired (after refusing to sign with the Jete if I might add...), I had moved to Boston...so I bought a Tedy Bruschi authentic home blue jersey because at the time he was the longest tenured player and also because it was colder. After Bruschi retired and I moved back to CA again...I went with a red Kevin Faulk jersey...because longest tenured. Then when Faulk retired...I went with two Brady jerseys...a gray neutral replica...and a white road replica for a long time. Then when Brady left, I bought a Slater blue replica...again because he was the longest tenured. Now Slater has retired...

Do I roll with a David Andrews or Joe Cardona jersey?

Technically, Joe Cardona is the longest tenured Patriot because he was drafted whereas Andrews was an UDFA.....but on September 10th, 2015...David Andrews snapped the ball on the Patriots opening drive of the game (played 61 snaps that day)...and Cardona only played 9 snaps. In other words, David Andrews has played more snaps and been more critical to the Patriots' success... but Cardona was probably a Patriot at least 24-48 hours longer (assume UDFA's were signed 1-2 days after the draft with Cardona being a day 3 pick in 2015).

What say yall?

So Hyped. I’m thinking:

IMG_1137.jpeg

Based on your story, you were doing great until the Slater jersey. All down hill from there. Maybe go back to the Brady jersey, for good luck.

Based on your story, you were doing great until the Slater jersey. All down hill from there. Maybe go back to the Brady jersey, for good luck.

The Faulk jersey years were lean too....but much better than the Slater jersey years...

Some interesting items in the Clearance section of the Patriots Pro Shop.

Jarrett Stidham New England Patriots Unsigned Throwing Photograph​

Now only $4.00, with free shipping

This one baffles me. Why would you not make a bigger attempt to get rid of any and all calendars as that calendar year progressed?
Who wants to buy a 2023 calendar in 2024?

Mac Jones New England Patriots 2023 Player Calendar​

Reduced from $24.99 to $9.99... they need to move the decimal over one more place, even with the free shipping.

I'm not familiar with this book, but at this price I may grab it. Way less than you can get it on Amazon.

New England Patriots The Dynasty Book​

Only $5.99 (was $30.), again with free shipping.

I think I am going to....BUY...

(drum roll)

TWO jerseys!!! And alternate between them depending on how the team plays...e.g. switch up after losses...and don't switch up when we are on a winning streak.

Some interesting items in the Clearance section of the Patriots Pro Shop.

Jarrett Stidham New England Patriots Unsigned Throwing Photograph​

Now only $4.00, with free shipping

This one baffles me. Why would you not make a bigger attempt to get rid of any and all calendars as that calendar year progressed?
Who wants to buy a 2023 calendar in 2024?

Mac Jones New England Patriots 2023 Player Calendar​

Reduced from $24.99 to $9.99... they need to move the decimal over one more place, even with the free shipping.

I'm not familiar with this book, but at this price I may grab it. Way less than you can get it on Amazon.

New England Patriots The Dynasty Book​

Only $5.99 (was $30.), again with free shipping.
The jersey I hope to be wearing:
Screenshot_20240221_192359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Combine two old jerseys, so the back reads “Mayo Tatupu.”

I started buying Patriots jerseys in 1997 to wear on game days. I started with a Drew Bledsoe authentic royal blue home jersey (yes, Flying Elvii on shoulders...). Then in 2002, after Bledsoe was traded...I decided to roll with a Troy Brown replica home blue jersey for two reasons...he at the time was the longest tenured Patriot...and I was living in CA where it was too hot for authentic jerseys. After Troy Brown retired (after refusing to sign with the Jete if I might add...), I had moved to Boston...so I bought a Tedy Bruschi authentic home blue jersey because at the time he was the longest tenured player and also because it was colder. After Bruschi retired and I moved back to CA again...I went with a red Kevin Faulk jersey...because longest tenured. Then when Faulk retired...I went with two Brady jerseys...a gray neutral replica...and a white road replica for a long time. Then when Brady left, I bought a Slater blue replica...again because he was the longest tenured. Now Slater has retired...

Do I roll with a David Andrews or Joe Cardona jersey?

Technically, Joe Cardona is the longest tenured Patriot because he was drafted whereas Andrews was an UDFA.....but on September 10th, 2015...David Andrews snapped the ball on the Patriots opening drive of the game (played 61 snaps that day)...and Cardona only played 9 snaps. In other words, David Andrews has played more snaps and been more critical to the Patriots' success... but Cardona was probably a Patriot at least 24-48 hours longer (assume UDFA's were signed 1-2 days after the draft with Cardona being a day 3 pick in 2015).

What say yall?

How could you leave out Mac Jones as the most obvious jersey choice? :haha: :haha: :haha:

Don't wear jerseys, past a certain age it's kind of silly (I have about a half-dozen or so collected through the years I never wear). Get a polo with the Pats logo, or a coach's sideline pullover:

shopping.jpeg

Last edited:
If still available you might consider a Mac Jones if you don't have one.

Don't wear jerseys, past a certain age it's kind of silly (I have about a half-dozen or so collected through the years I never wear). Get a polo with the Pats logo, or a coach's sideline pullover:

View attachment 56674
Well, being 50....I think I have advanced to the point of being "old-enough-to-not-give-****-itis".

I'll wear a goddamn jersey on Sundays to just feel as if I am truly the 12th man sending the team positive vibes via the force!

LFG!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6692.gif
    IMG_6692.gif
    115.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, being 50....I think I have advanced to the point of being "old-enough-to-not-give-****-itis".

I'll wear a goddamn jersey on Sundays to just feel as if I am truly the 12th man sending the team positive vibes via the force!

LFG!!!
Good for you. Don't listen to him anyway, dude's into turtlenecks.

View attachment 56674
Wait... what? How the hell do you wear that when it's 12 degrees out and snowing? I get XXL jerseys and wear them over my winter coat. :)

Wait... what? How the hell do you wear that when it's 12 degrees out and snowing? I get XXL jerseys and wear them over my winter coat. :)

Oh, YOU were that guy. ;)

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back