PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Cowboys set defensive blueprint for how to beat Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no "blueprint" on how to beat any team other than out scoring them.

They gave up 30 points, so I'm going with no.

Blueprints are the latest cool word to try and explain how to stop the latest difficult offense. However to do call a 24 beat down a "blueprint" is ludicrous even for BSPN standards. By the time the 2nd half arrived the "blueprint" had been solved and the route was on. THAT is the genius of the Pats offensive system. It isn't that you can't stop it. You can. What you CANNOT do is keep it from adjusting

Marinelli did a marvelous job in out coaching the Pats at the start of the game. However by the time that first half was over, even after losing 2 starters to injuries, they had made the adjustments a the game was over before the 4th quarter started

The more I think on it, the more that its the ability for the adjustments to be communicated so well completely throughout the offensive personnel that makes the Pats offense so consistently productive regardless of the who the players out there each week. Brady is obviously the linchpin, but who knows if after another year or two Giarapolo might start to master the "language" as well.

How often have we looked at a great defense and wonder how can we blow that defense out. Remember when we wondered about those good stealer D's.....and now we don't. Rex has had our number once in a while, but more often not.

The SYSTEM has remained the same. And while there will always be a scheme that can stifle the game plan you went in with, there is NEVER going to be one that you can't adjust off to an other won eventually. That is because you have created the semantics that allows for that kind of flexibility, you have the QB who can handle the communications, and the players who can change plans on the fly with calm and judgement.

So in the end, I have no fear any longer of the so called "great defenses". At this point they all with eventually become undone if the defense is good enough to hold their own

I will echo what other have said before. If you can pressure Tom with just 4 linemen especially with decent edge rushers and have the corners cover Gronk and the gang long enough, you would keep this offense in check. The opposing offense would just have to beat the Patriots' defense. The Giants did it in '07 and the Ravens did it a few years ago in the playoffs. It's no blue print or secret.

I keep hearing from Cowboys fans how they exposed the patriots offense. I don't understand where they get this from. Every big game the patriots lost back to 2007 they have been beat essentially the same way. The line gets significant, quick pressure on Brady, with out extra rushers. When this happens the games stay relatively low scoring, and the Patriots are beatable.

Not only is this not a new concept for how to beat the Patriots, it is also a great strategy for playing any team with a QB who isn't a running threat.

The truth is that the Cowboys DID have the blueprint on how to beat the Pats, but unfortunately Ernie Adams had his secret spies phase through the walls of Rod Marinelli's office using black ops tech and steal it, so the Pats were prepared.

wat

plz change title to how to hold patriots under 50

I will echo what other have said before. If you can pressure Tom with just 4 linemen especially with decent edge rushers and have the corners cover Gronk and the gang long enough, you would keep this offense in check. The opposing offense would just have to beat the Patriots' defense. The Giants did it in '07 and the Ravens did it a few years ago in the playoffs. It's no blue print or secret.

Please list all the offenses that are not limited when the QB is getting pummeled by just 4 linemen rushing.

wat

plz change title to how to hold patriots under 50

You don't understand....

Dallas is the team that's found a way to limit the Patriots, even though the Patriots scored more points against Dallas than they did against Pittsburgh, and even though the Patriots scored on 3 of 4 drives in the second half, while eschewing a FG for a 4th down attempt on the 4th drive.

It's so obvious!

/Ben Volin

Please list all the offenses that are not limited when the QB is getting pummeled by just 4 linemen rushing.
Hence I was echoing what others have said. Hence I said it was no blue print or secret.

Nothing like a little national media blueprint talk. it's 2007 all over again....that year I think it was Philadelphia that provided the initial "blueprint". This stuff is just ridiculous.

I want some of what BSPN is smokin...where the Pats lost 6-30, and TFB is the second worst QB in the NFL.

I mean, really, that's gotta be some good ****.

Really hate the term blueprint. Pressure Tom Brady, cover the receivers while limiting the running game and then you have a chance.

If it was so easy then teams would try to do it every game. Actually I think they do try. Both teams are there to win you would think.

If everyone could run on the Colts like the Patriots do don't you think more teams would do it? Especially teams in the NFC south that play them twice a year.

Blue prints are for losers, go out there with a game plan and out execute your opponent. There is no better way.

Dont know why we get offended so much when someone says we are beatable if someone does 1,2,3 does like X team (in this case the cowboys) do etc etc. We are not unbeatable. So people come up with ideas to fill columns and attract viewers. Nothing out of the norm. there was a blueprint to beat the 2001 rams too and 2004 colts too. That also happened and pats provided the blueprint. Its not totally outside the realm that someone might have an idea how to stop the pats and beat them like the pats did in the past. Whether they are right or not , who knows.Seems very normal news to me.

"When the Patriots utilize their favorite Nickel package, teams have only had a successful pass play 42.3% of the time."

Interesting map and breakdown of the Pats defensive personnel ... Real Football Network

Some good prep planning if Luck is back in the pic.

"How to hold the Patriots to 30...while scoring 6"

Good job, Dallas.

blueprint author is like the jackanape who writes "first" as their comment on a NYT article b/c they want to be the first to comment.

oh no!! BLUEPRINT GATE!!!

I dunno... I guess I always thought a blueprint requires success on the part of the architect, not a 30-6 ass whooping like was manifest last Sunday. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back