PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone else just see Doc's inspirational speech ... about the Colts???

So doing the little things like cranking the sound up, and giving the other team the flu, and hope for key injuries.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boohoo . ill admit nothing as a celtics fan. go cry to mama laker fan :rolleyes:

I hereby declare this thread "OT" and ready for relocation from the Patriots forum to the Celtics forum.

Last edited:
This thread is hysterical. We have the same people viewing a different sport/franchise the same way they do this one. We have the let's be objectives trying to set the record straight on how lucky we were...and the armchair coaches lamenting the HC of the team with home court throughout and up 2-0 making all sorts of predictable mistakes...LOL

I think what some here are truly fans of is posting contrarian opinions on message boards because that shows how much more savvy they are than mere run of the mill sports fans (not to mention the professionals who earn a living doing this).... The teams are apparently inconsequential to that equation.

Phil Jackson looked like his Zen was battling hemeroids last night...I love it when smarmy smart asses look totally befuddled. And old dunderhead Doc ended up in the cat bird seat up 2-0 because he apparently inadvertently inserted Leon Powe into the rotation, and when it was ovah he had hit the trifecta of a win and the perfect teaching tool heading to LA with a commanding lead yet the ability to hammer home the finish the game mantra.

If that ain't championship Zen I don't know what is. :D

Wow, this thread is yahoo central! Rivers literally says " what did Dungy say after the colts finally beat the Patriots? it was the little things, guys" All he was doing was citing how a team finally overcame the hump, and beat a juggernaut in the patriots. Right now, with the talent the Celtics have, they are the colts of the NBA. A bunch of great players, who have never managed to win a ring. Do you people honestly think this is a huge deal? I mean come on, lighten the hell up.

Also, anyone who says rivers is a bad coach, is an idiot. He led a brand new team to 66 wins, and they are up 2 - 0 vs a highly talented lakers team in the FINALS. Although posting my thoughts in this thread will do no good, half of you are the same people who have a hissy fit if anyone says anything remotley negative about the patriots.

GROW UP:bricks:

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is yahoo central! Rivers literally says " what did Dungy say after the colts finally beat the Patriots? it was the little things, guys" All he was doing was citing how a team finally overcame the hump, and beat a juggernaut in the patriots. Right now, with the talent the Celtics have, they are the colts of the NBA. A bunch of great players, who have never managed to win a ring. Do you people honestly think this is a huge deal? I mean come on, lighten the hell up.

Also, anyone who says rivers is a bad coach, is an idiot. He led a brand new team to 66 wins, and they are up 2 - 0 vs a highly talented lakers team in the FINALS. Although posting my thoughts in this thread will do no good, half of you are the same people who have a hissy fit if anyone says anything remotley negative about the patriots.

Great posting. Some of the people around here are just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Great posting. Some of the people around here are just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I don't mean to be rude, but a few posters are very immature. Always whining anf crying over something. Rivers cited the colts, get the hell over it, you know what I mean? He's not a bad person, or a bad coach because of it.

He didn't even say anything bad, all he said was "what did the colts do when they finally beat the patriots, the little things". What he should have said was, gee guys, you are so great, just play like the pats, and you will win a title! Then he would be a genious, and insperational!

Last edited:

Rivers 'led' his team to 66 wins this year. Well, that's 9 more than he'd 'led' his team to in the previous two seasons combined, which included a 24 win season that was the 3rd worst Celtics win total since 1950. His defenders really should not point to his record as evidence of his coaching ability.

This thread is hysterical. We have the same people viewing a different sport/franchise the same way they do this one. We have the let's be objectives trying to set the record straight on how lucky we were...and the armchair coaches lamenting the HC of the team with home court throughout and up 2-0 making all sorts of predictable mistakes...LOL

I think what some here are truly fans of is posting contrarian opinions on message boards because that shows how much more savvy they are than mere run of the mill sports fans (not to mention the professionals who earn a living doing this).... The teams are apparently inconsequential to that equation.

Phil Jackson looked like his Zen was battling hemeroids last night...I love it when smarmy smart asses look totally befuddled. And old dunderhead Doc ended up in the cat bird seat up 2-0 because he apparently inadvertently inserted Leon Powe into the rotation, and when it was ovah he had hit the trifecta of a win and the perfect teaching tool heading to LA with a commanding lead yet the ability to hammer home the finish the game mantra.

If that ain't championship Zen I don't know what is. :D
you forgot the doc got lucky crap ;)this is the type of thread that someone would post here to point out how stupid the fans of another message board are. this thread is a embarrassment to patsfans.com

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect a Celtics "fan" to know much about the game anyway ;)
lmao cry a river .bla bla it was the refs. i never heard that excuse before :rolleyes:. why dont you just get a tatoo on your forehead to anounce to the world your a moron lol.

lmao cry a river .bla bla it was the refs. i never heard that excuse before :rolleyes:. why dont you just get a tatoo on your forehead to anounce to the world your a moron lol.

You've got some sand in the va-jay-jay this morning LOL

I don't mean to be rude, but a few posters are very immature. Always whining anf crying over something. Rivers cited the colts, get the hell over it, you know what I mean? He's not a bad person, or a bad coach because of it.

He didn't even say anything bad, all he said was "what did the colts do when they finally beat the patriots, the little things". What he should have said was, gee guys, you are so great, just play like the pats, and you will win a title! Then he would be a genious, and insperational!

Maybe someday we'll be as worldly as you, and we'll know the true way to spell "genious" and "insperational".

If you don't think it's somewhat striking that Rivers (knowing he's on TV, obviously) inspired his team by mentioning how an out-of-the-area team beat the local team that shares a mutual fanbase with his own, I don't know what to say. I find it odd. Sorry if I got your tampax all twisted by noticing.

But then again, I'm no genious.

you forgot the doc got lucky crap ;)this is the type of thread that someone would post here to point out how stupid the fans of another message board are. this thread is a embarrassment to patsfans.com

Why is that? I love the Celtics and I love the Pats even more, and the strange intersection of the two seemed post-worthy.

I hereby declare this thread "OT" and ready for relocation from the Patriots forum to the Celtics forum.

I can't believe it wasn't moved 12 hours ago.

Maybe someday we'll be as worldly as you, and we'll know the true way to spell "genious" and "insperational".

If you don't think it's somewhat striking that Rivers (knowing he's on TV, obviously) inspired his team by mentioning how an out-of-the-area team beat the local team that shares a mutual fanbase with his own, I don't know what to say. I find it odd. Sorry if I got your tampax all twisted by noticing.

You're no Bills fan either, which explains why you don't agree with Mr. Patslifer.

That AFCCG was completely, totally, utterly bogus, from weird cals on Troy Brown for offensive pass interference to Reche Caldwell being tackled in the endzone by Hayden, to many more.

That game was one of the very very few times that Belichick went ballistic on the referees.

Anyone who claims otherwise is blind or a Bills' fan.

There we go, nicely moved! It was fun while it lasted.

You are a total maniac / yahoo. Why don't you cry us all a river, over Doc rivers making a harmless statement:rolleyes: Waaaaaa, waaaaaa, waaaa - is all you ever hear on this board. Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistakes, that has a lot to do with you crying like a little b*tch, over the had coach of the Celtics citing a team that finally overcame the hump to beat the greatest team ever.

Last edited:
You are a total maniac / yahoo. Why don't you cry us all a river, over Doc rivers making a harmless statement:rolleyes: Waaaaaa, waaaaaa, waaaa - is all you ever hear on this board. Thanks for pointing out my spelling mistakes, that has a lot to do with you crying like a little b*tch, over the had coach of the Celtics citing a team that finally overcame the hump to beat the greatest team ever.

Hahaha. Nice one. I'm pretty far from a maniac. Grow up.

You're no Bills fan either, which explains why you don't agree with Mr. Patslifer.

That AFCCG was completely, totally, utterly bogus, from weird cals on Troy Brown for offensive pass interference to Reche Caldwell being tackled in the endzone by Hayden, to many more.

That game was one of the very very few times that Belichick went ballistic on the referees.

Anyone who claims otherwise is blind or a Bills' fan.

Is that the deal? Thanks. I just don't get the whole troll thing.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back