PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone else just see Doc's inspirational speech ... about the Colts???

Hahaha. Nice one. I'm pretty far from a maniac. Grow up.

I'm not the one who needs to grow up - (imo). The yahoos getting bent out of shape, over Rivers citing a team that overcame something, to FINALLY win a championship - is immature, and yahooism at it's worst. Be honest, 90 percent of the threads on this board, are either *****ing about the media, or crying over nonsense like this.

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Everyone please, MAN UP!

Last edited:
I'm not the one who needs to grow up - (imo). The yahoos getting bent out of shape, over Rivers citing a team that overcame something, to FINALLY win a championship - is immature, and yahooism at it's worst. Be honest, 90 percent of the threads on this board, are either *****ing about the media, or crying over nonsense like this.

Seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Everyone please, MAN UP!

This is not a matter of "growing up," "manning up," or "yahoo-ism." As Patriots fans we have heightened awareness of such political incorrectness, and Rivers put his foot in his mouth ankle-deep. He could've come up with a zillion other examples of teams getting over the hump against highly touted opponents, INCLUDING the Patriots. He just wasn't using his brain.

Aside from that, I'm not convinced he's a good coach. While personnel is 90 percent of what wins in the NBA, Rivers showed last night that coaching can screw things up if he tries hard enough. Lucky for him he ran out of time.

Last edited:
Just gotta remember that, though they play in Boston, none of the Celts nor the coach are necessarily fans of the local pro football team. The message would have been just as valid if Doc was coaching the Memphis Grizzlies against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

This is not a matter of "growing up," "manning up," or "yahoo-ism." As Patriots fans we have heightened awareness of such political incorrectness, and Rivers put his foot in his mouth ankle-deep. He could've come up with a zillion other examples of teams getting over the hump against highly touted opponents, INCLUDING the Patriots. He just wasn't using his brain.

Aside from that, I'm not convinced he's a good coach. Anyway, NBA coaches probably have the least impact on the team's fortunes of any pro sport. Personnel is 90 percent of it, which I think the Celtics proved this year.

He put his foot in his mouth according to you, and maybe he didn't want to come up with a million other examples. Maybe he uses the colts example for a reason, and figures that yahoo's wont get bent out of shape over nothing.

I am a huge patriots fan who could care less about what rivers said, I understand the context, and can seperate my patriots fan-hood to understand it.

Sh*t, maybe I'm off base, I'm not the type of guy who scours the web, obsessing over anything that could be negative regardingt he pats. A lot of posters do that sort of thing, and IMO it's a waste of time.

Last edited:
Just gotta remember that, though they play in Boston, none of the Celts nor the coach are necessarily fans of the local pro football team. The message would have been just as valid if Doc was coaching the Memphis Grizzlies against the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Beat me to it. Some people here get shooked when Brady isn't wearing a Sox hat. Pierce/LA, Garnett/Carolina, Chicago, Rajon/ Kentucky, Perkins/Texas, Allan/Calif.(did play at UCon), Powe/LA, etc, etc.

He put his foot in his mouth according to you, and maybe he didn't want to come up with a million other examples. Maybe he uses the colts example for a reason, and figures that yahoo's wont get bent out of shape over nothing.

I am a huge patriots fan who could care less about what rivers said, I understand the context, and can seperate my patriots fan-hood to understand it.

Sh*t, maybe I'm off base, I'm not the type of guy who scours the web, obsessing over anything that could be negative regardingt he pats. A lot of posters do that sort of thing, and IMO it's a waste of time.

Come on now, I think pretty much any Boston-area sports fan would consider that a faux pas by Doc. He SHOULD be deferential to and supportive of local teams and counterparts just as they are to his Celtics (re., Pats and Sox in the crowd last night). If BB said something similar to his players involving the Sox, Celtics or Bruins, it'd touch off another firestorm, just like that nonsense over Brady wearing a Yankees cap in New York. Beyond that, I'd think the players would wonder why he was using an example involving failure of a local team as motivation.

However unintentional, it was just a poor choice of words and bad PR showing his lack of awareness.

But the coach is the franchise's chief ambassador and should know better. It's not the end of the world, but it is a matter of etiquette.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude, but a few posters are very immature. Always whining anf crying over something. Rivers cited the colts, get the hell over it, you know what I mean? He's not a bad person, or a bad coach because of it.

He didn't even say anything bad, all he said was "what did the colts do when they finally beat the patriots, the little things". What he should have said was, gee guys, you are so great, just play like the pats, and you will win a title! Then he would be a genious, and insperational!

I couldn't agree with you more. What he said wasn't a big deal at all. There are way too many whining Pats fans around here. It’s a running theme these days.

-Cry about the media
-Cry about other fans
-Cry about ANYONE who says ANYTHING that is not in the vein of Pats Ball washing.

Rinse and repeat.

The act is getting tired. I can't wait (can only hope) for the day this place gets back to to talking real football again.

Last edited:
To those self-righteous, know-it-all posters who ironically claim that we delusional idiot fans don't know anything, because we dare to criticize one of their self-appointed above-criticism HCs, I leave you with this: BabyDoc is still a lousy HC. As Tunescribe noted, he was lucky that the Fakers ran out of time last night.

P.S.: I wonder if his use of the AFCC had anything to do with the similar complexion that he and the Dad of the Year share. Naah...

To those self-righteous, know-it-all posters who ironically claim that we delusional idiot fans don't know anything, because we dare to criticize one of their self-appointed above-criticism HCs, I leave you with this: BabyDoc is still a lousy HC. As Tunescribe noted, he was lucky that the Fakers ran out of time last night.

P.S.: I wonder if his use of the AFCC had anything to do with the similar complexion that he and the Dad of the Year share. Naah...
:D:rolleyes: i get a chuckel from reading stupid **** like the above post. another self appointed expert on head coaching. let me guess your a expert because you watch a lot of games lmao .in summary in your opinion. ainge is lucky and a lousy gm and doc sucks. unbelievable lol

Last edited:
It's strange how much vitriol a post consisting of "Ugh. That takes some luster off of this." can generate. Relax fellers.

I couldn't agree with you more. What he said wasn't a big deal at all. There are way too many whining Pats fans around here. It’s a running theme these days.

-Cry about the media
-Cry about other fans
-Cry about ANYONE who says ANYTHING that is not in the vein of Pats Ball washing.

Rinse and repeat.

The act is getting tired. I can't wait (can only hope) for the day this place gets back to to talking real football again.

Who said it was a "big deal"? That doesn't mean it's not worth noting.

You also forgot to look in the mirror and include - "Cry about any thread that I don't like on a message board."

How many "real football" threads have you started recently? Maybe when there is some football to talk about, people will do so. It's June.

Last edited:

Who the hell is "bent out of shape"??? God, you and your buds have made a huge leap to come to that conclusion. People can't talk about something unless they're upset about it?? Jeez, maybe not everyone is as high strung as you, because honestely you seem alot more upset about this than I ever was.

I thought it was interesting and strange. I posted about it. The end.

This thread is hysterical. We have the same people viewing a different sport/franchise the same way they do this one. We have the let's be objectives trying to set the record straight on how lucky we were...and the armchair coaches lamenting the HC of the team with home court throughout and up 2-0 making all sorts of predictable mistakes...LOL

I think what some here are truly fans of is posting contrarian opinions on message boards because that shows how much more savvy they are than mere run of the mill sports fans (not to mention the professionals who earn a living doing this).... The teams are apparently inconsequential to that equation.

Phil Jackson looked like his Zen was battling hemeroids last night...I love it when smarmy smart asses look totally befuddled. And old dunderhead Doc ended up in the cat bird seat up 2-0 because he apparently inadvertently inserted Leon Powe into the rotation, and when it was ovah he had hit the trifecta of a win and the perfect teaching tool heading to LA with a commanding lead yet the ability to hammer home the finish the game mantra.

If that ain't championship Zen I don't know what is. :D

:rofl: He really did, and today he's done nothing but whine about Paul Pierce's injury and bad officiating. "Country-dumb" Doc had the great Phil Jackson stymied and now Doc's got him practically crying. The Lakers will probably come out smoking on Thursday but still...2-0 is a pretty nice place to be.

Re: Doc's remarks...when I first heard him I felt just like everyone else here but as I'm thinking about it, he was simply trying to make a point about doing the little things right. We Pats fans think he used a bad example but remember- the Lakers defeated the Celtics the last 3 times they met, I believe. That's my spin:D

:rofl: He really did, and today he's done nothing but whine about Paul Pierce's injury and bad officiating. "Country-dumb" Doc had the great Phil Jackson stymied and now Doc's got him practically crying. The Lakers will probably come out smoking on Thursday but still...2-0 is a pretty nice place to be.

Re: Doc's remarks...when I first heard him I felt just like everyone else here but as I'm thinking about it, he was simply trying to make a point about doing the little things right. We Pats fans think he used a bad example but remember- the Lakers defeated the Celtics the last 3 times they met, I believe. That's my spin:D

Last two times, I think. The series is 8-2 Celtics.

I'm presuming that LA is going to come out fired up and whoop some butt in game 3. I think game 4 will be the key to the series.

The Fakers score only 90 points, at home, and still win. Disgusting.

If the Cs lose Thursday, they lose the series.

The Fakers score only 90 points, at home, and still win. Disgusting.

If the Cs lose Thursday, they lose the series.

I thought they'd lose today.

Game 4 is THE game.

what a waste of time staying up for that.

I'm starting to hate pro sports. I feel that everything is rigged to some extent, and if a team is going to win, they have to beat the other team AND the refs.

I used to always say this as a joke, but not it seems to be kinda true.

I saw about 8 straight fouls on the Celts last night coming down the stretch that were not called, and the lakers kept going to the line and that was about it. It's sick that a whole game can mean nothing and come down to b.s. like that.

Fortunately for the Celtics, Pierce and Garnett played like crap in a game they were never going to win.

And i agree with Mike Greeny this morning about how Phil Jackson shouldn't whine since he's the guy that's been getting every call his entire career. I can't stand Phil Jackson now. I don't know how i missed his whining after all these years.

i guess im kinda all over the place.

i guess im kinda all over the place.

Nah, you sound pretty consistently angry.

There was no way the celts were going to win that game tonight unless they somehow got up by 40. I don't believe in conspiracy theories at all, but I do believe that NBA games, while not fixed, are heavily influenced by the officiating to the league's (revenue) benefit.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back